RKEP Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by perfectgravity, Feb 24, 2010.

1. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Already order the G08, hope this time will get the grip ASAP.

2. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Yesterday I had a session with my VT80 (4UG5) and BS12 (3UG2) using RKEP G11. Yellow for my VT80 and water blue for my BS12 but it make the racket grip a little bit small for my hand grip. Before this i used Karakal Point75 and it suit my grip just nice.

3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

try the new G08 Soft75, it's slightly thicker than the G11

4. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Thanks for enlightening me :D

5. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Haha , I'm the first to post a mini review on the G08s , thanks Eric for the speedy delivery.

Firstly , I noticed the back of the grip was noticeable tackier then G09 , that's a great improvement.

Next upon wrapping the grip , it's more stretchable than G09 , the most satisfying part is although the G08's length is the same as G09 but I'm able to wrap my Arc Z beyond the cone til the nanoscience on the shaft.

Finally the feel of G08 is less tacky than the G09 , but slightly tackier than AC102 , in terms of feel , G08 is on par with AC102 , if not better.

Pros: G08 Soft 75 is indeed soft , comfortable I would say. It's stretchy to make up for the shorter length.

Cons: I can only fill up this part after my game on Sunday to see if there is any downsides.

Conclusion: I would strongly encourage those who are using AC102 to try this grip , it's much more cheaper than AC102 , I would say that I'm very impressed by the quality of this grip. I will not hesitate to switch all my grips to G08 after Sunday if it's sweat resistance is on par with AC102. I'll definitely order this again. :D

6. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Ah_Peng, do keep us updated on the G08. i'm interested to know how it performs under sweaty conditions. even with the G09 Elite, i still find myself changing grips every 2-3 weeks because i sweat A LOT from my palms. the G09 still feels slippery sometimes when i play but this is in no way poor performance of the grip but rather my EXTREME sweating.

what i'm trying at the moment is applying grip powder when i feel the grip starts slipping. however, this seems to remove the "tackiness" from the grip and the grip becomes dry. which is the other extreme. a grip that is too dry is also "slippery". a grip that is too wet is definitely slippery. damn palms.

7. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Bro , very sorry to keep u waiting til Sunday , it's my nearest game. I'm pretty surprised u find the G09 slippery , it's pretty tacky , maybe it's the not so good colors u r using. All my friends who r using it was very satisfied with it. I started using a wrist band recently , n it helps alot in maintaining the grip. :D

8. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i'm already using the better colours (i.e. green, pink etc). like i said, i sweat A LOT. i know how good G09 is, i am very happy with it too but for me, it doesn't last long. first few games are very good then it starts getting slippery due to sweat. sweatband doesn't help me. my grip gets wet mainly because of sweat from my palms, not my arm.

9. kingzzz

kingzzz Regular Member

What are the good colours for G05 Ultimate overgrips? Or the same as the G09s

10. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Bro , u must try the G08. :D

11. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

how was your experience? performs better than G09?

12. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Eric has done it again this time.
    Thanks for producing such an excellent grip.

The G09L did not last more than one session as usual.
    The G09L actually unreeled off the cone , that really makes . Am i the only one to find the G09 slippery , my palms dun sweat that much n i also have my wrist band on , but into the 3rd game it actually almost slipped off. but throughout the 3 games i had with it , i dun feel confident to do full arm smashes , im actually more worried that it might slip outta my hand rather than smashing into the net.

From my fourth game onwards , i was using my other racket with G08 til the end , it feels more comfortable , does not unreel from the cone nor does it feels slippery as compared to the G09L. i feel more confident to play without the worry of it slipping off.

I was using green for both G08 n G09L. The green G08 was the only one i tested , will try yellow on tuesday. G09's yellow is slightly brighter than G08.

I'll definitely order more of this in the future. Could we have the bright yellow pls Eric. :D

13. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Bro , hope it helps u. :D

14. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    I ordered 10 G09 Elite overgrips several days ago. I'm expecting them to arrive next week. Question: Are they thick enough to be used as replacements grips ie over bare wood or are the strictly overgrips?

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

they are the same thickness as YY supergrap, which I tend to wrap straight on the wood.:)

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes it depends on how comfortable you want it ;). They are 0.6 but if you wrap it like above with 50% overlap it effectively ends up a 1.2mm grip which for me is fine straight on wood. The wrapping style suggested by Eric with way less overlap is quite rough though when straight on the handle ... Perhaps those new G08 0.75mm might just work that way: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...62-RKEP-Grip?p=1684864&viewfull=1#post1684864
    Have to add I only used about 10% overlap AND wrapped it lefty for more grip (but not really working out :D), the way Eric has it should at least be a bit more comfortable than with only 10% but I'll probably just find it an annoying non-smooth/irregular feel ...
    The pluspoint with so little grip: bp now up to 305mm (strung) :)

[​IMG]

#536 demolidor, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have ordered some G09L and a G08.

If I do like them (which is likely) I was wondering if there was a possibility of creating a Neon/Fluoro Yellow coloured G09L/G08 ? I was wondering what would be the minimum order quantity would have to be before a colour was put into production. Maybe we could help with picking the right colour ?

Add your name, and potential order quantity if you are interested in putting the idea of a fluoro yellow grip to eric in order to put it into production.:)

1. LD rules! G09L/G08 72pcs

18. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

Hi Eric,
    I am looking for some replacement grips. I currently have karakal pu super grips on them. They are slighty thicker, tacky and smooth. What would you recommend as a replacement?

cheers
    Rich

19. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

Order placed last night G05 + G06 can't wait to give them a try.

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I would order minus 72 then :p: G09L/G08: -72

Seriously the current yellow looks great already (practically is neon yellow it's so bright). If anything needs to be added it's a neon orange to G09L like the G08 orange seems to be and the Power Master orange plus a powder blue (Yonex colour 378)

But I think as Eric has mentioned before if you order 100pcs it will certainly be considered (since he had to order 600pcs of each colour). Not sure what he meant by the factory does or doesn't have certain colours for certain grips?
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...62-RKEP-Grip?p=1677321&viewfull=1#post1677321

What colours are you getting? Probably got that preview pic in your mail already ...

#540 demolidor, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011