Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    zhang nings record beckons? wait till 9 years time. I doubt zn will allow it. lol. Just kidding.;)

2. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

How do you pronounce her name? I swear every commentator has their own version ... She must get annoyed at the umpires a lot :p

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Without the diacritical marks and not knowing Mandarin nor Hanyu Pinyin,most commentators mispronounce her name or any Chinese names. I often have to look at the Chinese characters and for any character I don't know, I'll ask my friend who is good in Mandarin to read it out to me.:eek: Maybe some BCers can help you here.

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I just finished watching LXR's UC match against Bella of Indonesia. LXR looked distinctly flustered and out of her comfort zone in many parts of the match. Her choice of shots at times was pedestrian, her consistency lacking, her composure was under severe examination. She has really exposed some of the flaws and drawbacks in her game during the course of this match.

Credit of course to young Bella for taking it to LXR; she ran her close in the second game, and it was down to match fitness, physical strength and Bella's (almost) non-existent backhand that LXR scraped through in straight games. I think Bella's touch and finesse, and willingness to try unconventional tactics agaisnt her much fancied and higher-ranked opponent flustered LXR.

All in all it was a good learning experience for both players. One thing LXR has demonstrated she has more than almost any other contemporary WS player in the world today is her ability to focus, and remain in her bubble. Now she needs to add the ability to innovate and adapt between points. It will widen the gap between her and other players. There were many glimpses of her willingness to try new stuff in this match; but can she afford to experiment much more at this point in time, with the OG around the corner?

Anyway, LXR is in good hands. I just hope they don't overwork her. It would be a pity if she runs out of steam at the critical time.

5. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    She still plays better than Wang Shixian at least....and furthermore she has the speed and attacking ability to score fast points.

The only weakness i see in her is her backhand clearance...she should work on that.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    her obstacle is injury. For a 21-year-old, she does have a lot of injury

[​IMG]

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I have watched quite a few of LXR's matches on video, and I think she and her coaches are doing the right thing.

She is not afraid to use her backhand in marginal situations where she could have injected a bit of speed in her movement to use her forehand. She usually does this in matches where she is reasonably confident she can get away with losing a point, if that happens. This shows that she wants to experiment in match situations, and this is a good thing for a young player, because it will strengthen her play and eventually give her another potent weapon in her arsenal.

Yes, she is doing the right thing with her backhand. In any case, it is stronger than most other WS players', so if I were ZN, I would encourage LXR to continue using her backhand whenever she feels confident enough to work it.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes,I get your drift,that match made me say during the UC that she passed the team event test but not with flying colours. But,luckily,I believe that one match isn't typical or representative of her, she could and did play much better than that before. I won't let it worry me too much, I trust her coaches know her well enough what to do,she has room for improvement and has yet to reach her full potential. She is still relatively young and new at 21, there is only one way for her to go, up that is.:D

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

According to BWF ranking, LXR today has just overtaken WSX as WR#3 ,another step closer to the top !

10. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Just checked, you're even faster then me! LXR has over taken WSX to ranked 3 in the world. Say bye to WSX for her tickets to London Olympics.

11. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Something like Lee "She-yeah"(1 fast tone) Ray actually. :cool:

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    A real disappointment when the MS WR1 & 2 are also not playing. Too bad the tournament is timed too close to LOG. I wonder who's coming and who are the other dropouts? Hope my season ticket is not useless.

14. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Aww, what a letdown, no LD, LCW and Chen Long, now no LXR, WX and WSX, not even Wang Lin.:(

Obviously, LYB cannot let WSX play,that would be revealing his cards too soon when the LOG name list is yet to be finalised. Jiang YJ is left alone to hold the fort with perhaps a few second-stringers ( Han Li, Chen Xiaojia,maybe Sun Yu who is now in the Chinese National Team, I read?)

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well, you cannot drop out, Loh! We're all banking on you for blow-by-blow accounts, as well as news and views! :) :D

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2012 Singapore Open: What a letdown; No LD, CL, LXR, WX, WSX, ......

Perhaps the booing at the top CHN players at the 2011 Singapore Open are still ringing loud in LYB's ears. ;););)

18. laonong

laonong Regular Member

So it's a punishment from LYB

19. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    WSX still has a slim chance going to London. But why Wang Lin? Playing in a SS should help her come back.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    We cannot say that LYB is punishing and/or ruining everything

No, we cannot say that LYB is punishing and/or ruining everything.

He is only charting the best course for our CHN players to participate in tournaments.