Yonex Strings JP vs SP vs EX

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by WoOZY, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Limited328

Limited328 Regular Member

Yea...that's what i meant:$ because they are all technically 'Made in Japan'.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

SP code comes with (minimal/less) warranty as well and your store should take care of it. Not your problem when the store imports SP and have to send it back all the way to Asia. Of course if you yourself imported it, you are (probably) responsible for the shipping cost back to where you got it from.

CH doesn't mean the string is a high end copy -.- (and buying fakes is never a good thing :p)

And maybe not Canada but Ashaway is "Made in USA" ... (would assume labour cost is minimal when it comes to producing strings :D)

In any case for me the only reason for buying JP strings is when it isn't available elsewhere, like NBG98 in the beginning. Definitely not worth twice the price, can buy a 200m EX reel for the price of a 100m JP.

#22 demolidor, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. maxout

maxout Regular Member

If it is a copy but in another name, i.e. a cloner then fine ... APACS and Fleet do that to Yonex racquets ... but they never try to pass their products as YONEX, which is what these HIGH COPY strings are doing, that is PURE FRAUD ...

FYI - CH-code stands for China distribution code. The examples from the website, unfortunately, are mostly from the CH-code, it does not mean that ALL CH coded are high copy. I have seen HIGH COPY of SP and JP codes too.

4. Limited328

Limited328 Regular Member

That's good to know. Learn something new about badminton every day :D
    I honestly cannot keep up with all the fraud and new things lately.

5. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

So my stringer told me today that when he was doing the NBG99 SP at 26lbs... It snapped near the end and he just had enough to redo the crosses... He previously restrung my MX80 at 27lbs with NBG99 JP and they're going strong...

I know that it could be a one time thing... So I will ask him to do my N90 with NBG99 SP at 26lbs again and see what happens...

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Just for your information, I have tried stringing with fake Yonex strings before and all the ones I have tried snap at between 24-27lb. Genuine Yonex strings NEVER snap at below 27lb in my experience (provided the stringer is good). So I have a feeling your stringer may be using fake strings.

7. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

No I'm actually the one providing him string. He is a legit retailer that HAS to order from Yonex Canada. He can't get NBG99 so I have to order it from MBS. I ordered JP and SP from MBS in the same order for this experiment.

Although the JP snapped once before when he was doing the last pull at 27lbs but only at the very end... So he could still tie it off and not have to redo the crosses completely.

The stringer is really good and knowledgable. I've tried elsewhere in my city and he's the only one I trust to give me consistent results.

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Something is not right in the equation then. In the years I've been stringing I've not come across one packet of bad genuine Yonex strings. Not once have I personally snapped or heard others of snapping genuine Yonex strings (even the thinnest strings) at 26lb. >>30lb may be, 26lb no way.

I often string NBG99 CH, SP and the uncoded UK version at 27-28lb (my preferred tension) on my ArcSabers.

9. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Maybe the climate has something to do with it... Not 100% certain but I will ask him to do another racquet with SP at 26lbs.

10. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Temperature and climate DO have an effect on durability, at least accordingly to our former coach who was a professional Indonesian player. He told me I could "warm up the strings" before playing by rubbing the string bed a little with my hands.

11. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Well they broke during the stringing... Maybe I'll tell him to sit on it HAHAHHAHA

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

13. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I haven't got a chance to try various region code as I have been using BG66 SP for the past 6-7 years but I came across different colors and I found that the brighter (white, yellow) colors are superior in quality compared to the darker (dark blue, purple, black) ones. I guess it has something to do with the coloring materials they use and I heard one stringer said that Yonex actually use the colors to differentiate the quality tolerance after the QC process. Sounds a bit STRANGE to my ears but there are some discussions over the similar findings and reviews on Yonex grip in this forum.

14. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I have tried JP, SP, CH, AU and the only difference i can tell are 1. the packaging and 2. the price. The sting itself is identical in terms of performance imo.