Misbun quits as national singles coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Jan 1, 2011.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Sooner or later this 'battle' between BAM management and the coaches will come down to a 'test' case like this Misbun fiasco.
    The country must decide if the national interest is more important than personal interest of coaches or players.
    Contrast this with China where its management is always in complete control despite having some players (LD) and coaches (the 'Thing') who are as strong in character.
    Whatever is resolved in Malaysia BAM should not be seen to give in to Misbun or LCW. There should not be special rights for these two.

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    can you can find just one more lcw or misbun in malaysia with the same level of achievements?

if you can't, how long would you take to find one?

so, do they deserve, if not all, some the special rights?

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Misbun was the 1st PROFESSIONAL player in Msia... he left BAM to train on his own...

HE tried to change the system but he failed.... now his PROTEGE is going to follow his footsteps...

IF they succeed, will msia baddie end up like TENNIS???

Fully professional???

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I don't think the factor behind MS's resignation (or LCW's support of him) was "personal interest." Although to be honest, I don't find anything against personal interest. It's more like Misbun has been pushed into a corner for some number of reasons, and he has taken action as a last resort to preserve his dignity and self-respect. A highly respected coach doesn't break down and confide in his charges that he can't take it any more, unless he has been driven to that point.

Until a few days ago, LCW and Misbun were the national interest. So how come you're painting them as possbile villans of the piece by alluding to "personal interest?"

"Special rights" has nothing to do with this. First, establish who has been wronged. Then right the wrong. If you can. But that takes a very special, brave, unbiased and clear-headed politician. That is an oxymoron. :D

Lastly, it is grossly unfair to compare practises in the CBA with BAM.

#124 cobalt, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It should not be the case that national interest is lost if coaches decide to leave

It should not be the case that national interest is lost if coaches decide to go independent. Just looked at past and present coaches who have gone independent (related to the MAS camp over the last 5 years);

* TKH (went to KOR and then returned)
    * LM (came from CHN and then went to KOR)
    * Rexy (came from ENG and stayed)
    * Hendrawan (came from INA and stayed)
    * etc, etc ......

#125 chris-ccc, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Courtesy from BERNAMA

January 03 , 2011 22 : 36 PM

Badminton: BAM Wants Misbun To Explain Resignation

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 3 ( Bernama ) - - The Badminton Association of Malaysia ( BAM ) wants Datuk Misbun Sidek to explain his shock resignation as national singles coach .
    General manager Kenny Goh said that a meeting will be held soon after BAM president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh returns from abroad .
    " It is premature for BAM to comment on the matter . First we want to hear an explanation from Misbun' s mouth, " he told Bernama here Monday.
    Goh hopes that it can be resolved soon to prevent it from affecting the badminton squad which had been listed in the " Road To London 2012 " programme .
    Misbun sent his resignation letter to BAM via email on Dec 31 .
    He said in Misbun' s absence , Lee Chong Wei will be coached by Tey Seu Bock for the Super Series Masters Finals in Taiwan starting Wednesday.
    Chong Wei is defending the title for the third time .
    The absence of nemesis Lin Dan will not make it plain sailing for Chong Wei who will be up against Chen Long and Du Pengyu.
    Meanwhile , Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek said that he will meet Nadzmi on his return to get an explanation before meeting Misbun .
    He said the ministry wanted to find what caused Misbun 's resignation and was not trying to find fault with anyone.
    " I want to hear an explanation from both sides as only then we can find a solution to the problem .
    " Whatever the decision , it should put national interest first as badminton can contribute medals at 2012 London Olympic Games , " he added.
    The appointment of Datuk James Selvaraj as BAM high performance director is cited as one of the reasons for Misbun' s resignation.
    - - BERNAMA

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

i bet somebody is looking for this fella......:)

the guy who says skipping is good :)

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The guy who says skipping is good?

The guy who says skipping is good? Please explain. :confused::confused::confused:

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Shuttlers to do skipping exercises
    | New Straits Times , Sep 4 , 2010

IT may soon be compulsory for national shuttlers to do skipping exercises .
    BA of Malaysia ( BAM ) high performance director Datuk James Selvaraj made this
    recommendation in the hope it will help the players improve their leg strength .
    " I noticed that some players lack leg power when I watched them in action during the World Championships on television.
    " Their footwork is not as fluent as it should be. Maybe they need to include skipping exercises in their training ," said Selvaraj after a meeting with BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh and the national coaches at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday .
    " They , I believe , need to work on their calf and thigh muscles. I need to check with the National Sports Institute on this matter . Skipping is a good exercise . I know this for a fact as it helped me strengthen my legs during my playing days. "
    Selvaraj said more work must also be done to improve the players ' communication and consistency during matches.
    " I watched ( Koo) Kien Keat - ( Tan ) Boon Heong in the final of the world meet and I thought they would bag the title after winning the first game .
    " But somehow they lost their concentration and also did not communicate enough after that .
    " Communication is an important tool in doubles as it helps those concerned to coordinate their respective play .
    " The 21 - point system is also tough as players need to think and react fast to beat their opponents and so communication is very important in the modern game . This is something that needs to be addressed," he said .
    On whether drastic changes will be made to the training system of players preparing for the New Delhi Commonwealth Games and Guangzhou Asian Games , Selvaraj said he will not interfere with their programmes.
    " If there is a change , it will be minor. For example, my recommendation to include skipping exercises could be this minor change .
    " Right now, I will get to know the players and also analyse their respective training programmes.
    " I want to analyse our players ' programmes before making the necessary changes .
    " My job proper will only start after I have done my homework . Maybe , I will start
    comprehensively on Jan 1, 2011 ," said Selvaraj, who is attached with BAM on a part- time basis .

9. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Unlikely him as it is contradict with the character profile stated below in the previous press:

“Bagi saya, masalah ini sudah lama berlarutan. Misbun tidak gembira dengan tindakan seorang pegawai persatuan yang hanya pandai cakap sedangkan tidak tahu apa-apa mengenai sukan,” kata Chong Wei. (“To me, this problem has been prolonged. Misbun is not happy with one of the officer who only talks but knows nothing about the sport,” said LCW.)

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Frankly, based on what is available both Misbun and LCW do not behave like true professionals. Loyalty is laudable but should be kept confidential and even that LCW should have kept his mouth shut instead of appearing to act against the national interest.
    True Professionals, like great countries, have no permanent friends or enemies and only operate in the national interest. It is childish for LCW to say that one of the factors was BAM removing Misbun's son from his charge.
    How unprofessional can you get?
    Now, tell me if both Misbun and LCW had not won even one single trophy, would they behave this way? Of course not. Then is it a form of black mail, now having BAM and ministers all scrambling to appease the 'hurt' feelings of these two datuks!

11. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Err... may be.... they think that they are above the "national interest"...??? they still BOLEH?

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

This sort of thing would never happen in China. If LD and the 'Thing' were to do what Misbun and LCW did the country's netizens will skin them alive and they would find no place to hide in China. They would end up as unwanted pariahs, cursed and detested by the the Chinese people. This is an example of national interest.

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Kudos to Misbun for having the guts to resign. Clearly he is doing this in the national interest. Let me illustrate.
    If you have talked with Misbun, you will sense that he is one with the highest threshold for patience.For him to finally quit suggests that he must have put up with unbearable nonsense to the point where he cannot continue to coach effectively. So it's better for him to give BAM the choice to find someone better.(if they can)

Of course LCW will follow MS.After all, how can the world no 1 put up with a lesser coach. The standard will be unacceptable he will be demotivated within a month.

it's better for both MS and LCW to go independent. Shouldn't be any problem for LCW to donate his BAM benefits to JAmes Selvaraj. Interesting that Misbun should resign just as James is supposed to move in more comprehensively on Jan 1st. And this guy talked as if he is not the culprit when timing of Misbun 's resignation indicate otherwise.

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    maybe lining can now sponsor lcw and misbun? ;)

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Does CBA have a layer of officers who makes the final decisions and tells the coaches how to do better when they don t know much about competitive badminton? Do LYB and The Thing have to put up with such nonsense? if not, there should be no problem.
    In any case, look at Taufik. Ever since he went independent, he' s improving in all ways: attitude, fitness, stamina and most of all, showing us his gift of badminton. That's true professionalism!

16. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I hope this case will solve amicably and put national interest above the rest. The last thing I want to hear is "someone" is above the national interest... just like those banks in USA... TOO BIG TO FAIL... boleh?

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i really don't understand what you are talking about:eek:

you stated they are not professional

because they didn't keep things inside confidential

and this is against the national interest.

do you mean players and coaches for the sake of national interest,

have to work under very bad conditions?:confused:

even to the extend of breaking down:D

be more professional in your comment:D

18. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

hardly suprising to hear this news. both datuk lee and datuk misbun are famous chokers & selfish, greedy men.

firstly datuk lee, cannot even win a major title and only know how to collect lotsa $$$ arnd the super series circuit. when it comes to the majors, always get whipped by Super Dan. Worse still, before each encounter will boast that found special weapon to finally overcome Super Dan, but each time got thrashed and end up in shame.

what has he done for boleh-land really except filling up his pockets with $$$ and spending it on flashy cars?

and datuk misbun, juz bcos he kenot train his son, merajuk (throw tantrum) like a spoilt lil girl. shame on him too for turning high-potential young lee chong wei into a greedy money grabbing player. if morten or mao continued to coach lee, then we may have already an olympic gold, thomas cup or even the watered-down world championship.

to me, datuk misbun is palpatine while datuk lee is his apprentice.

on the other hand, BAM is also a screwed up organization, even with numerous revamps and renewal and sponsorship money, still cannot achieve any significant results since 1992.

well, we can hang the two datuks out and see how they can survive outside without the cushy support of BAM.
    mark my words fellas, sooner/later de 2 datuks will grovel back.

19. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    conclusion, all also sucks...two Datuk and BAM....how lar???

20. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

yeah, ever since these 2 clowns were crowned 'datuks' for their failures (only in bolehland), their ego is getting bigger evryday.