2012 All England SSP: Sunday 11-March Finals matches

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Mar 10, 2012.

1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    CJ is known to have back injury....he seems to have one everytime he plays.

WYH had a blister i think, a back support too, but this is fairly common.

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Seu Bock said that LCW's injury came as a surprise?

If we read more into what MAS players, their coaches and their press people say, we can sometimes get confused. ;););)

Read here (http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/the-right-move-1.59832 ) on what LCW's coach say;

====== * ====== part of article ====== * ======

In a telephone interview from Birmingham, Seu Bock said the injury came as a surprise as Chong Wei did not complain of such problem in earlier matches or in training ...... but it was wise to take precaution rather than risk inflaming it in Sunday's final against China's Lin Dan, who thus secured his fifth All England title.

"Chong Wei woke up on Saturday morning complaining of a slight pain to his right shoulder but he went on to beat Lee Hyun Il (of South Korea) in the semi-finals later in the day.

"But it got worse despite physiotherapy sessions and treatment. It was pointless to take a gamble," said Seu Bock.

"If Chong Wei had persisted, there was a strong possibility the injury could have got worse and this will affect his build-up to the Olympics.

"It's a pity he couldn't complete the hat-trick but Chong Wei is still an All England champion. The bigger picture is the Olympics where he must be fully prepared and fit to go for gold."

Seu Bock added: "Lin Dan was also in good form and Chong Wei needed to be at his best to beat him on Sunday. There is little he could do as he was even struggling to lift his shoulder while executing his strokes.

"He is not going to play in the Swiss Open which begins tomorrow (today) and will return to Kuala Lumpur to go for an MRI to identify the extent of the injury.

"He may not play in the earlier matches of the Axiata Cup (on April 23-25) but could be fielded later depending on his recovery."

Understandably, Chong Wei was frustrated with the way his campaign ended but there was little he could do due to the injury.

"I am very disappointed at what happened," he said. "I had the shoulder injury earlier, but I didn't want to disappoint the crowd, so I came to play anyway.

"But when I felt the pain getting worse, I didn't want to push the shoulder any more."

Lin Dan was not surprised that Chong Wei conceded the match as he felt his rival would have been concerned about the Olympics.

"I am very sorry for Chong Wei. We have played against each other for almost 10 years since we were juniors and we are very familiar with each other's game. We have no secrets," said Lin Dan.

"The countdown is now on (till the end of their careers) and we don't know how many more times we will play each other, so we cherish each time.

"With the Olympics approaching maybe he made the right decision."

Lin Dan had announced after Sunday's victory that he is waiting to play Chong Wei in the Olympics.

Chong Wei's injury doesn't look serious at the moment. He has sufficient time to recover as he is only expected to play in just four tournaments ahead of the Olympics in July.

Chong Wei is expected to spend a few days in Basel before returning to KL later in the week.

====== * ====== part of article ====== * ======

Read more: The right move - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/the-right-move-1.59832#ixzz1p2lwkYRw

3. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

I don't know how this is appreciatable: forced to play with a serious injury.

This is not a wise move. What if it worsen the injury? (like now he had to withdraw from Swiss Open) and may prolong the injury mitigation time than if he did not play?

If this is out of his kind concern to fans of this single match, where is his concern for much more fans for the much more matches or competitions he shall be missed forthcoming future due to the worsen injury?

I would say this is not even professional, an irresponsible move to endanger his professional life. Real badminton fans should not encourage the players to do so.

And leaking of injury news prior to the match could be easily regarded as a pre-excuse to worry of defeat.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm
    should rephrase: chen jin back injury only timely activated when he meet lin dan;)

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

lol, everybody knows GLY has back injury going into German Open, AE and now Swiss. In fact, she had to take pain killers during QF match, which was revealed after QF, so when they lost in semi that is excuse? In the media, tbey praiseGLYas gritty
    LCW, he was asked abt his game during semi vs LHI, why he did not play well, he said has sore hand, didnt say anything abt shoulder. He just cant say just play casually,or tired, or LHI easy meat, lol, would be terribly criticised. Either way, whether reveal before or after match, there will be those who say its excuse, as what has happened on the past lol lol.

#845 eaglehelang, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

He could have instead praised his opponent to deflect the scrutiny on his game. BAM PR must not know anything about PR. A bit of research would help. :cool:

7. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Wow. I can't wait to get home and watch the matches. Gggrrrh. My work gets in the way of my badminton sched. Hahaha.

8. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Well, almost everytime i have seen him play he has had back injury. I only seen him play ld once.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u mean ae 2008? and ae 2010?

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Only Time I seen him Play Lin that I can remember was AE 2008 When he won.

He was injured in the QF and SF performance then as well. He was injured in the 2009 SF

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks,chris,for posting this article. It proved that LCWs injury wasn't serious enough just before playing LD as otherwise he has a duty to inform his coach about it who in turn would stop him from playing irregardless of disappointing the fans which is secondary. The true extent of his injury would have to await the outcome of his medical check-up. I wish LCW a speedy full recovery for the badminton world needs him,likewise his archrivals, the latter I would like to believe so for all truly great players relish the chance of overcoming their formidable opponent(s) rather than leave any doubt in other people's minds, including their own and deriving immense satisfaction doing so. In other words, to be regarded as the best of the best by beating every challenger than to be champion because you avoided so-and-so for some reason or other.

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

So if CJ was injured in QF and SF, how could he defeat Superdan in final? Injury took MC just for that final when he must win?

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Cannot also, cos if he lost or retire during finals, then it will said as excuse, how come after lose only say it's injury, injury must be fake, blah blah blah blah(including BC members). All this happen bf, the criticism came as high as the Sports Minister at the time.
    Look at GLY case, they praise her as being brave to fight thru the pain and LCW for not giving up just like that.

14. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Errrr because it was fixed.....did you not know???

15. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    It looks like that there is possibility that LCW's injury may not recover in time to play India open SS. His no. 1 status will be in danger if Lin Dan get the title.

16. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LD twice WR1 OG winner a possibility ? :p

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The 'fixed' outcomes of matches are 'not good'

That's why the 'fixed' outcomes of matches are 'not good'. :(:(:(

They are misleading, when we wish to know who's the better player. :eek::eek::eek:

18. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

it's already too late, i know. hehe. but still want to congratz lin dan for his 5th AE titles. got a bonus in the final match, hehehe. and wishing LCW a good recovery.

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

How did you know?

20. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Guess......... :)

I actually watched a replay of the game on Youtube last week.....LD's acting was quite laughable, I don't remember it being so obvious watching it live. LD appeared to be deliberately lifting/clearing rather than attacking.

I think I said at the time if you are injured and want to win, you normally go for winners - low percentage shots, but high chance winners if they drop. LD did opposite....