Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    No, there is no Olympiak Games, so no hopes for KKK & TBH to win a metal in Gold Colour ;)

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

that article came out in today's The Star. Read 1st paragraph.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/3/7/sports/20567938&sec=sports
    Actually Rexy toned down already compared to last year, 2007 he'll blast them. That didnt work on TBH's flagging confidence.. Of course Rexy's disappointed, 4 out of 5 MD pairs crashed out 1st round.

3. eaglehelang

4. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i agree we should criticize but let it be constructive criticism. :D and let it come from fans, who have shown support before. not those who have never even liked the players in the first place because it would only look like they were waiting for the players to do badly in order to rub salt into the wounds. :) i am not against criticism if the players are not doing their best.

5. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    That kind of article lowers The Star to the ranks of tabloid trash magazines. The person interviewing Rexy is getting sound-bites to make a story sensationally pedagogic. It's a stupid attitude to take, to kick someone when they're down.

It would make more sense for the reporter to take Rexy to task and letting him know that so many people are trying to get behind KKK/TBH to do well, but what will it take to get there?

-dave

6. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    So, eaglehelang, if 80% are the bashers, and 20% blind supporters, err sorry, loyal fans, why do you sound so defensive and us-against-them, when you encounter bashers here on the forum? Looking to level the 1:4 imbalance?

And azazz..ipoh, (can I just call you aza?), only the fans can criticize? If you subscribe to the 1:4 imbalance, then only a small minority can criticize? But by definition, the fans are indiscriminately loyal, good or bad, lose or win. So where does the criticism come from? I'm confused.

I'll put out again, that people want to get excited for KKK/TBH, and get sorely disappointed when it doesn't happen. Some expressions of disappointment can be quite sharp, but lashing out with puppy love and puppy sentiments is a little, uh, anachronic, or not quite the right time for it.

-dave

#86 wood_22_chuck, Mar 7, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup....like me...I criticize the INA players when they did badly, like this week :eek: It's absolutely unacceptable that Kido/Hendra lost that early to a pair that they never lost to before :mad::cool: However, once consolation was that the loss was partially made up by the spirit of togetherness shown by the other top 3-seeds, Fu/Cai and Koo/Tan :p:D U lost early, we also lost early....good :eek:

8. sweetlover

sweetlover Regular Member

STUDENT
    i like thats sentence...
    "u lost early,then we also gonna accompany u lost early":D
    its shown thats the WR 1-5 r unite...:p
    exclude WR4#....;)

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

But isn't it ironic that media (esp those sports correspondents) usually behaves like that :cool: Look at how the top newspapers in the UK thrashed Manchester United early in this season, when they were performing poorly (this season's opening matches were the worst in the last few years I believe), only to see them bite their lips in embarassment when the Red Devils bounced back later on.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Of course, everyone is welcomed to criticize any player/pair. However, it's plainly clear that sometimes some people will use "criticism" as a platform to launch their usual repertoire of negative vibes on those same players. So, we hear the same old comments over and over again..."gold rings, pendants, blonde hair, big-time charlie attitude, primadonas, etc". Won't u get tired and sick of the same old stuffs being mentioned repeatedly :eek::cool:;)?

11. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    because that's what fans do. fans defend. hahahaha.

sorry you are alphabetically challenged. yes, just call me aza. short and simple. :)

constructive criticism is what we are looking for. for fans, we want the players to buck up if we see them not doing their best. so it is really the question of the motive of the criticism. when people criticize that malaysian player lack mental toughness, i agree. when people say that sometimes our players depend too much on the coach, i agree. and these are what the players should improve. work harder to get it right. this is constructive criticism. but when people criticize hair colour, and what they wear (which frankly have nothing to do with their talent and whether they are good enough to win, ex: that flamboyant NBA player dennis rodman) and people criticize the fact that they lose to lower ranking opponents when other top players are losing to lower ranked opponents too (but nobody highlight that part and just zoom in on one particular pair), i tend to question the motive and i tend to question whether you are criticizing as a fan or as someone who waits for the downfall of players you dont like. :eek:

fans are loyal. being disappointed will surely be one of our feelings when supporting a player/team. criticizing weak points should be allowed. :) blind bashing and repeated negative comments are getting old.

which part are puppy love and puppy sentiments? highlight which ones are considered as such? i know koo_fan have been very ultra loyal and supportive to her fav player. who else are blindly supporting and never except that our players have weakness? who do you support wood chuck? have you criticize your fav players like this? :eek::p:rolleyes::cool:

#91 azabaz_ipoh, Mar 7, 2008
  12. eaglehelang

1) I thought I already explained why in a couple of replies to others. Well... someone has to provide the other point of view. If we dont support them, then? wait for non Msian to support ?

It effects my reputation as a Malaysian, you're not the one who's questioned by non Msians on why Msians are so unpatriotic - this perception overspills to other matters.
    You're not the one who read or hear the 80% complain day & day out (even when the players win), you're not the one the 80% laughed at when we said KKK/TBH could win AG 2006.
    Complain means when Msia player win they say "Lucky only lah, cannot win next time." When lose, ehem.... "told you so, sure fail one."

Or you could say I'm sick of reading & hearing all the negativism.
    Even if I dont read, sooner or later someone come & tell me, in the end have to answer also. The rest, Badmania have replied.

Other aspects, my fellow BCer, Azabaz_Ipoh have laboriously typed the reply.

I'm sure you know that in real life, in order to progress, constant negativism or "they will never make it-lah, all useless" attitude will not work. Imagine the 80% saying "Sure lose wan" all the time, of course the sure lose become true.

2) The Star, out of the 5 major Eng & Malay dailies, is the least critical. If you think it's like tabloid/sensational, you havent read our Malay dailies. ;)

I find it a bit odd though about the "kicking someone when they're down" part. Dont you advocate realism? :confused: This kind of comment very normal to happen to Msian players in the media, even worse comment also got.

"but what will it take to get there" part - the coaches cant say in public, supposed to be secret in case opponents get wind of it.
    Misbun Sidek explained on this before.

#92 eaglehelang, Mar 7, 2008
  13. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

Blind support or not, I couldn't see a single bit of harm they could do by supporting them and defending their players.
    So why not just leave them as they be while you like to call yourself to be all rational and realistic?

I mean, what's your problem with me supporting anyone when they lose?

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    you have said it all.........:D:D:D:D so which boat are you on?

15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    we argue2, then we kawan back... we live happily ever after... yea...!

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Nothing is going to escape any KKK (and TBH) related thread..

:p..oh, wood_chuck_22 (Dave, Daaave, Daaaaaave)...i guess you're taking over from Pemuda & steering this threadwagon, heh??..:) ;)
    ..i concur; the previous one got locked and it seems like this is the next targeted thread to get locked..:p

17. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Story of the day:

3 people(Hafiz, KKK, TBH) were planning to climb a mountain named "AE" together. Instead of climbing on the same day, Hafiz decided to go alone and start early.

On the day which KKK and TBH decided to start their trip, Hafiz was already at the top of the mountain. When Hafiz looked down at KKK and TBH from the top of mountain "AE", he screamed:

Hafiz: Hey guys, it is so cool to be here, and I bet now I will be famous and the government will pay me a lot of $$$ and I never have to work hard again!

KKK and TBH before starting to climb, they decided to make a prayer. "I wish I can be just like Hafiz"

While KKK and TBH were half way to the top, they met Hafiz who was on his way down from the top.

KKK: Why are you coming downhill from the top, I thought it was cool to be up there?

Hafiz: I don't need to stay up there any more, as I will forever be remembered as the individual whom got to the AE mountain alone... I will see you guys at the bottom of the mountain.

Once, KKK and TBH got to the top, they quickly realized that Hafiz was right all along. As the first couple to get to the top of mountain AE, they became famous and rich, and so they are now happy to go downhill and meet with Hafiz.

KKK: "Our prayer has came true, now we are just like Hafiz"
    TBH: "It's time for us to follow Hafiz's footstep and get back to the bottom of the mountain."

KKK and TBH are satisfied with their 1 time glory, and much rather be partying and clubing with Hafiz than being at the top of the mountain and enduring with HUGE air "Pressure".

In the meantime, LCW were looking at the top of mountain AE, hoping that one day he could get to the top, but then his friend Taufik came by his side and said:

Taufik: I won't let you get up there because it is too dangerous.

LCW: why not? what's so dangerous?

Taufik: " There is this beast who will eat you alive..."

LCW: "Oh goodness, what is this beast, I am so afraid..."

Taufik "This super beast is called "Lin Dan". "

LCW: "Oh, Taufik, can you make sure you will protect me from being owned by Lin Dan, please"

Taufik " sure, just let me go to the mountain instead of you."

LCW: "alright, I will never want to go there any more"

The point of the story is "Yes, KKK and TBH are going downhill to meet up with Hafiz":p and "LCW will never win AE". LOL.

#97 bananakid, Mar 7, 2008
  18. nauyuchi

nauyuchi Regular Member

kkk said he is over confident... he should realise that he cant be over confident when he is playing against the japanese duo. pls larrrrrr

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

from hero to zero....

20. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i believe they will bounce back.... jangan putus asa kawan :)