Victor Brave Sword 15

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by CarbonexFan, Jan 2, 2012.

1. cmteo

cmteo Regular Member

Engineer
    kvn4000, really like to know how you find the BS15 compared to the MX60.

2. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    My first review on bs15 after 6 sessions with it~

Strung with vs880 at 26lbs

First impression .... welcome to the dark side>> BLACK, RED and GOLD design. Looks cool, almost like the bs10 from afar~ Had a few swing with it and it was effortless, BS series SWORD designs really live up to its name although bs15 is slightly head heavy~

Game time ... my first few games were bad since i had to get use to the faster swing speed compare to my mx80, mishit the frame quite alot but now i am already getting use to it. Besides, the shape is more towards oval than isometric. Nevertheless, the SMASHES are wonderful if you hit the shuttle at its sweet spot. Man, imagine the CRISP sound and the speed it lands on your opponent area ... you got to try it to believe it :D

Defence ... due to the smaller sweet spot, one have to really give an extra effort since most of the players uses isometric frame these days (or is it just me? lol zzz). Rest assured, the SWORD design will save the day, it cuts through the air and one can always counter in time. Just need some practise and i bet you will be alright ;)

Drop shot ... due to my "high" (i know it is consider low compare to others) tension string, i need to really give the shuttle a little extra hit or else it would not reach over the net compare to my other racket .. not much repulsion :rolleyes:

Conclusion ... like many other rackets, practise make perfect. Good for doubles if you want the extra speed and power (take mx80 if you want more POWER) I must say that BS 15 is like Darth Vader's Apprentice while MX 80 is like Darth Vader LOL~! :p Hope this review will welcome you to the dark side

Attack : 9 (slight head heavy compare to bs 10 gives you the "extra" smash power"
    Defense : 8 (smaller sweet spot compare to other BS series)
    Control : 9 (smooth but have to practise on timing)
    Looks : 1000 (I just like the looks of the GOLD, RED and BLACK combination~!, dont mind me)

3. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Does anyone know where I can buy BS15 in Malaysia (KL) since I'm flying over soon, and do G3 versions exist?

The only place I've found was on the Victor distributors list Far East Sports SDN BHD. :confused:

4. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

Already arrived in here ,sarawak :D

5. wee1030

wee1030 Regular Member

eng
    You can find it at pandan Indah victor distributor or Kota damansara KD sport... I jus get my bs11 there last week.. :)

6. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    the victor racket with malaysia coded mostly are standards .. cant really choose g3 or even 4u lol zzz

7. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I bought a bs15 and bs12 today at KD Sports House :D I had a few games of doubles with the bs15 earlier and I really like it, although everyone seems to be more impressed with the bs12 when they swing it because its lighter and faster. Will give a short review when I've had a few more sessions.

vincemcoupe likes this.
  8. Kimie

Kimie Regular Member

what's the price you bought your BS15 :D

9. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    Far east is selling at rm500 with free grip and string~ official distributor is kinda more expensive abit. anyone have cheaper price out there. Even lowyat forum is selling it at rm465 (frame only) compare to the other brace sword series ... must be a hot item these year :D

10. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    quite shocking when i went to KD sports yesterday... the BS15 & BS12 are china made... my BS12 was taiwan made... maybe not a big deal but when compare to a BS10, the finishing quality of the BS15 are not as good... BTW the price is RM490 with grip & string...

11. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I got both for RM490 with grip, string and stringing included...but I also got a few other items at a discount. I called Far East too and they quoted me RM500.

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with with my bs15 paint job...although I can't really compare right now since my Taiwan made mx80 is in UK. As long as the racquet performs as it should that's all that really matters to me...I expect to get a couple of chips at some point :eek:

12. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

RM490 each just to clarify.

13. snowy

snowy New Member

student
    hi, i have been a long time lurker in the forums and i would like to contribute a short review for the BS15. this is my first review so hopefully it'll be useful.<br>
    <br>
    i have used the BS15 for about 2 months and usually it is strung with NBG98 at 26lbs. my level is intermediate and i have used NS9900 extensively. currently, i also use the Ashaway XT900 and the Carlton VTE, each being medium balance and head heavy respectively. i prefer stiffer rackets with medium to head heavy (but not as head heavy as the Voltrics) balance as they give me control and power. This is my first BS.<br><br>power was easily accessible due to the quick racket head speed and the flexibility of the shaft. smashing and clears required minimal effort. while power is good, a head heavy racket would probably have more power than the BS15. i'll elaborate on this part later.<br><br>what i found abit more exasperating was control. after using the racket for a few sessions, i realized that i had more difficulty with precise net shots and defensive capabilities. this probably surfaced as i was using head heavy to medium balance rackets at the same time. i have gotten used to compensating for the lesser maneuverability of these rackets and would exert more effort in doing my usual dropshots. this resulted in my dropshots getting higher or totally missing the shot. however, a person who gets used to the BS15, or coming from a headlight racket would probably find the racket an ease to maneuver.<br><br>in conclusion, the BS15 is a great racket in terms of power and driving, but does not offer the absolute best in power. the control it gives is good given the right user. my XT900 and Carlton VTE does better at both aspects, but at a much higher work rate given the extra stiffness and head heaviness. also, the chance of my smashes being steep with the BS15 would be higher than using the other 2 rackets as i would have to use more effort to pronate the other rackets sufficiently. i would switch to the BS15 if i am tired.<br><br>hope this helps.

14. Meteorex

Meteorex New Member

Nil
    Hi, can anyone pm me the price of a bs15 in singapore?

15. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I'm also would like to know

16. yshaun

yshaun Regular Member

Anyone has a comparison with BS-15 and the Li ning N-80? Both slightly head heavy, mid flex 3 aero frame design. I have ran through the whole forum but can't find any comparison.

17. AlfAhmad

AlfAhmad Regular Member

Student
    I think this guy(kennyscj) at lowyat selling the cheapest i guess for rm400

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2259127&hl=racket

18. Soony

Soony Regular Member

Student
    Whats the difference is between the MY and TW code? the location its being made thats all?

19. bokuwoof

bokuwoof Regular Member

IT
    Bump, anybody? I also wonder what differs them other than the country distribution code.

20. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Nope, it's the location it's supposed to be sold (distribution). Unless you have a racket with the MIT thing identified when looking at Victor's website, they are made in China.