New sponsors for Indonesian players (was: Update News for 2013)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by clawhammers, Jan 25, 2013.

1. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Markis Kido, Pia Zebadiah, Rizki Amelia have signed Li Ning as their new sponsor.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    This is really a new but refreshing development in badminton, although many of the contractual details are not available to us just yet.

For example the following:

1. Obligation to participate in tournaments. This may conflict with the National Association (NA) who is in charge of the selection process. Sponsors of coaches may also influence the outcome, thus giving way to possible incidents of "conflict of interest"..

2. As regards team outfit, I think team members will continue to wear the same colours and design as required by BWF but with the player's sponsor(s) shown somewhere on the attire. Again BWF/NA rules must be adhered to.

3. What about those who are not selected to represent the country even in recognised tournaments like the SS, GP, etc? Can the sponsor side-step the NA and send their sponsored players?

4. What about players who are unable to meet their sponsor's obligations either through sickness, injury, loss of form, early-round defeats, etc? They still get their salary when paid by their NA which employed them before.

5. What about players who did not get any sponsor, although this is unlikely? I presume the NA will pay them.

6. Rewards for attaining a higher world ranking? For winning tournaments I would think the player will receive special bonuses, the quantum of which will depend on BWF's grading of such events.

7. Review/Assessment: Will there be a periodical review of the player's contract? Is there a minimum contract period of say one year, two years or more? What about players who are discarded? Is there another common Auction Day for bidding of the players?

Of course there are more relevant questions, such as those relating to players' penalties and recourse to sponsors.

It is interesting to know how much is the highest contract (Butet's) and the lowest. But whatever the case PBSI still gets 5%.

Will other countries follow suite? It is left to be seen but this "Auction" method seems to be better geared to the professional player than the much hotly debated "independent player" so strongly advocated by some BC members that tried to emulate the tennis professionals.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

This is really a wise move from PBSI.... wonder when will BAM learn at least something from them:rolleyes:..Looking forward for the various types of sponsors by ina badminton players..;)

4. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
  5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Wait a minute! Those don't look like Korean players! :p

6. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

@BG

Nice share Laopan :D

I have the utmost faith for V in supporting our national players

Hope this would stimulate the players for achieving their best

7. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    I expect in the future, players will not have countries' color of shirt, like INA and DEN is red, CHN is yellow, KOR is blue or purple...

We will see sponsor's color of shirt... but I have to admit, I like Victor shirt design better though... just my personal opinion... Yonex tshirt usually a bit too lose and plain, while Victor is fit body and seems show player's body line, it makes players look slimmer.

8. lks332

lks332 Regular Member

I quite agree man, especially dislike the size of which Yonex cuts their sleeves, too huge for my liking. Conversely, Victor shirts fit really well...

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Personally, I don't think anything else will ever come close to Flypower's batik classics. :)

10. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    Anyone kind to write the name of these athletes front row and back row? Thanks in advance.

11. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    back row from left to right :
    Ihsan maulana, Rendy sugiarto,thomi azizan, not sure, irfan fadhilah, putra eka rhoma, agrippina, berry angriawan, hafiz faishal, alfian eko, endra mulyajaya (coach), edi subaktiar, riyanto subagja

front row from left to right :
    tontowi ahmad, kevin sanjaya, wisnu yuli, ririn amelia, not sure, anggia shitta, liliana natsir, meiliana jauhari, not sure, Weni Anggraini

12. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Meiliana seems lost her weight, good for her...

13. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant

looks langsing ? haha

14. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    Maybe its part of her contract with Victor... If you can lose 1-5 kg I give you bonus 100k, If you can lose 6-10kg, I give you 150k... It shall motivate players... :p:D

15. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes... I just notice that Meiliana lost her weight... Hopefully she is losing her body fat and not her muscle...

16. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    563533_539739636048055_1791878973_n.jpg

Markis Kido, Pia, Rizki

17. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Just wondering which Victor rackets would the players be playing with?

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Riyanto Subagja is using SW35, others i am not so sure.

19. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I have seen this picture too on facebook. Officially published by Li-Ning Malaysia.

Here is the question: Why do they wear faked apparels?!?!?! :eek:
    These shirts can't be genuine and I've seen these wannabe look like chinese national team shirts in a thai webshop too.

Another question: Is the yellow bag on this picture genuine? It really looks ugly.

I really really doubt they're wearing genuine apparels on this picture. But if someone can prove that I'm wrong, please do that. Because professional players wearing faked apparels is an absolute no-go, don't you agree with me?

The only reason I can imagine is that they were in hurry and had no genuine shirts for a public photo. But this would be a really really bad reason.

20. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Hahahaha :D :D :D

I dont understand with your reasonings

You stated that the picture was retrieved from FB, and was officially published by Li-Ning Malaysia

Since you are the one who initiate statements that these apparels are fakes, why don't you proof the ingenuity of these apparels.

The ingenuity was based on your personal assumption based on viewing the pics, and not by considering the materials thereof. How could you say that these are faked apparels?

Further, I agree with you that the rectangular bag is ugly, nevertheless, I saw it being officially sold by Li Ning as one of their low-end models. It's a Q3-2012 model, if I'm not mistaken.

Hahahahaha