Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Cant say anything about a 4U since we don't get that here, but my 3U is still a very quick racket. As with any other racket I guess the 3U will feel a little sluggish in comparison, but if you adapt properly will be noticeably more powerful and more stable. Depending on whether you like the added weight or not it'll give you more or less control (for me, heavier rackets are generally more controlled. The added weight means my motions are smoother and slower than with a lighter racket and thus easier to time correctly.)

2. steamboat

steamboat Regular Member

Just to know is the BS12 Korea national team using the same specs with the one in the market out there?

3. matsu_des

matsu_des Regular Member

Student
    I reckon that the specs are the same, but they are using 2U.Which may be the reason why some people wonder how pros can smash that hard with the bs12. Although, I think the bs12 3U is already quite a powerful racket.Just a thought.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Rather unlikely....I'd guess they have a slightly stiffer, maybe head heavier spec if there's any change. Heavier than 3U is really unusual these days and doesn't really give you any advantage. If used correctly a 3U racket has all the weight you need...

5. matsu_des

matsu_des Regular Member

Student
    Ohhhh I see I see. Kinda sucks how they DO modify them coz it just confuses people like us. I guess the only way we will ever know is if someone knows a pro and can compare. Or you happen to catch a racket when they throw it out to the crowd ^^

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ya well that's the way it is with stars advertising certain brands^^ Although I have to say a lot of people overthink these matters - the majority of players are happy with the selection of models their brand offers and just pick one and concentrate on their game rather than modifying their rackets a whole lot. There are a few special cases, like LCW, LD, LYD, who are their brand's most popular poster boy, but generally speaking they use what you see.

7. matsu_des

matsu_des Regular Member

Student
    Ohhh I seee. Kinda funny how lyd is using the bs12 now though. Ko as well. I'm predicting a massive rise in sales of the bs12.

8. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I am quite sure BS12 is raising in sales compare to previously. However this is all the while great racket too.

-------------------------------------------------
    Jyno
    Hi Badminton Online
    http://www.facebook.com/HiBadmintonOnline

9. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

No, it isn't. The national player that 1 is customized version, slightly more heavy.

-------------------------------------------------
    Jyno
    Hi Badminton Online
    http://www.facebook.com/HiBadmintonOnline

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Heh. Got the one I ordered as replacement....new color looks great :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. stickyjacky

stickyjacky Regular Member

Service Advisor
    Hi,

I got a question. I would like to buy a lighter racket than what I am using now - three 3U VT80s and a 4U Zforce. I love my Zforce (main go to racket). I love the smash power of the voltric series but when you are tried, there feel very head heavy and that is the reason I would like to buy a BS12 or BS15.

Please recommend me which one to get -- BS12 or BS15 - Thanks!

12. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

^^ 4u vt80?

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Can't say anything about the Bs15. I can recommend the Bs12 for anyone with solid technique, a quick swing and good use of pronation and their fingers. If you're more the kind who grips the racket tight and gets their power from the arm swing with medium to no pronation, this is not a good racket for you though as it isn't very head heavy (BP should be ~295, that's what mine measured up to exactly) and requires the speedy swing you can only get with good pronation.
    It's rather maneuvrable and allows for great use of your fingers on the more subtle touches.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

coming from your current rackets, probably better to get something more head balanced than those extremes......you should consider the mx70 or mx60 first

15. Ython

Ython Regular Member

I also found the same problem when tired using 4U Zforce and swap my racket using mx60. I found that when using mx60 is difficult to release the power for smash. It's really require faster swing for it. But compare if started first using mx60 and change to zforce is more easily to swap. Right now after tired, I rather swap to use my old racket like 3U AT500 or 2U Cab21special. Overall mx60 is not so tiring compare to zforce. Netshot and drive for both racket is about the same feeling.

16. st_sam

st_sam Regular Member

Hi, i am a newbie here
    just want to check whether the BS12 is suitable for double?
    i am still in the way to find my suitable racket.
    tried VT80 and seems like the 'head heavy' racket is not for me
    any idea?
    thanks

17. st_sam

st_sam Regular Member

Hi j4ckie, since you also live in Germany, where did you order your bs12?
    is the BS10 still available in the market?
    thanks in advance :)

18. matsu_des

matsu_des Regular Member

Student
    BS12 is a great doubles and singles racket. Good repulsion power and defence with less effort. Although if you DO put a bit more effort in, then you can still hit big smashes.
    Clears are effortless for singles as the med-flexible shaft allows it to whip the shuttle and send it flying. Same thing with smashing, sorta like whipping sound when head cuts through the air.

Drives are amazing for doubles in mid court, and can smash all day long without getting sore arms. Definitely recommended as it's so consistent, although it may take a few sessions to get used to the faster head speed and med-flex shaft.

Timing and accuracy may be a bit off in the beginning, but stick with it and it'll soon be your go-to racket.

Hope that helps ;)

Gpower likes this.
  19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Got mine from bts (bts-sportshop.de). Personally I'd recommend ordering per mail using the contact function on the site - that way you can get feedback on when it'll be sent out and also ask questions. Comes with free string - depending on your usual stringer and his machine you might want to go a bit higher than usual with your tension (my string jobs are 1-1.5kg tighter than his, although we both have electric linear pull machines. I suspect his hasn't been calibrated in a while).

Bs10 is officially discontinued and also a very very different racket, but there's still lots of shops who have some stock left. Bs11 would be in-between the two and is still in the program.

If you're new to badminton (or to more serious competition) I'd definitely recommend starting with the Bs12 rather than a stiffer racket as it's way more forgiving and enables players with a less refined technique to get more power out of it than a stiffer model.

20. st_sam

st_sam Regular Member

thanks for the details information, i think i will order it during next week and post my first impression :)