Tan Chun Seang

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Loh, Jun 5, 2007.

1. lung5488

lung5488 Regular Member

lol yea i agree with extreme

2. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    hmmm... TCS won WCH in the simulation match! haha :D

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

me 2 second extrem power`s opinion!!!!:(

4. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Tan Chun Seang does not have any comments on this topic.

5. loggietoh2003

loggietoh2003 Regular Member

Army Officer
    Yannie a PA to TCS?

6. george@chongwei

y not u as a friend or whatever of TCS, tell him about this things??

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    If she told him and TCS has no comment, then let it be lor... its his future anyway. Rather bleak... for sure BAM will be mad with him. All the ministers and datuks as well. Wonder how many enemies he will make. BAM pay him the money to go out and coach other people. Is this really worth it?

or george definitely will not have george@TCS right?

8. george@chongwei

extrem power, u must be kidding me:):D

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Unless we have all the facts it is not fair to put TCS in such a poor light.
    Let TCS run his own life, enjoy the things he likes to do apart from his full-time training as a professional. He also needs time to himself just like everyone else.

10. akmal

akmal New Member

office manager
    hi everyone i m new here..just wanna post things bout chun seang.coz he;s a fren of mine.
    wat loh say is rite..v shud not interupt in chun seang;s personal life.they got paid by bam a few hundred per month,how r u going to live in kl with that amount every month!!!plus he do coaching on weekends only,it did not affect his training watt!!!:mad::mad::mad:everyone has ups and downs in badminton,even lee chong wei,tan boon heong,koo kean keat..v shud keep giving them support!!
    i was really mad when i saw SOMEONE said that he miss out the tc forth single spot bcoz of coaching outside,this is rediculus..:mad::mad:

11. extremenanopowe

few hundred dollars.

Hmmm... well I do agree that he has his personal life. This doesn't mean to be hard critism. He shd be matured enough to know. Hopefully, he doesn't go into the 'dark' side like other players. If you are in it, I am sure you know what it is. Very unhealthy.:eek: Some people also said players were exploited to play against others while people watching from sideline gambles.:mad: Player gets pocket money. I am sure some are familiar with this.;)

This is a potential national champion and it will be a waste to see him go that way. A little patience will allow him to go a long way, thus earning more money.

I am surprised that he only earn a 'few hundred dollars' a month.:crying: Then I pity him and other players. So, the guess here is he will have to struggle hard to improve his game to earn more or better quit BAM and go to KLRC or coach full time.:confused:

I believe if you want to be at the top, you need to maintain your style of play and not coaching others. Because you spar with lousy players, it will bring your standard down. Again, the training in BAM may not be effective and effort wasted.

I wonder people like LCW, WCH and Hafiz survive the last time? From their daddy?:confused: About the 4th spot. Some may say yes and some may say no. If I am the BAM boss and I know this happens. I will definitely not send him. Will you? Because there are other players who are more dedicated and I rather see them excel.

#211 extremenanopowe, May 10, 2008
    Last edited: May 10, 2008
  12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It has been highlighted in the press this year that back-up players only get RM500 per month except for Julia Wong & Anita Kaur (RM1,000/mth) who represented Msia in senior team events. Rashid Sidek submitted proposal for it to be raised to RM1,000.
    Each player have their own background, some come from families with better financial background, some not so rich. Some, parents are financing them.

Not many players can make it early like TBH(TBH from poor family). Or move up senior squad early like LCW, WCH. According to Hafiz, in his junior days he stayed at Rashid Sidek's hse, accomodation free, food partly sponsored (home cooked meals). Those in senior squad get paid more.

Anyway, all these will most probably change when TCS gets promoted to senior squad after OG in Aug.
    Although he coaches part-time (I got a feeling Rashid Sidek knows abt it but since their allowance not much...), he's still the one of the best MS in back-up squad. This year, from his batch only Chong Wei Feng showed good progress by beating Chen Jin in India Open.
    Of course there's Arif, the new kid on the back-up squad block.

#212 eaglehelang, May 10, 2008
  13. extremenanopowe

That's why there should be some communal spirit to make these kids successful. Some of the seniors should also help out by any means like Rashid. This is a good example. The worry here is their performance. A kids brain can go wild or washed if not guided properly. Other coaches or BAM shd do their bid like Rashid. He is sure a good role model to have. These kids are slogging it out in the courts and some officials are just sitting in the aircond office and taking in big pay checks.

But again, if TCS can persevere/patience any show some good examples and good attitude, I am sure he will prevail. But definitely not through this coaching part-time method. Last time, those nationals used to be with Banks (those glory years). Wonder what plans the BAM have for them.

#213 extremenanopowe, May 10, 2008
  14. akmal

akmal New Member

office manager
    yeah..its really pity to hear that our back-up shuttlers only earn a few hundred per month..if i were them,i wont have the motivation to training at all..plus some of them dont even get chance to play tournament regularly,coz bam always dont have budget for them..really pity them lar sometimes:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    u cant say that bcoz of he is doing some coaching outside and u wont choose him for the 4th spot.plus u never know wether lee cw,wong ch,hafiz,ariff or other badminton players doing coaching outside..do u??well i got some information bout other players doing some coaching outside as well:eek::eek:wonder y u dislike he coaching outside so much..:confused::confused:
    our back-up players have been in the same squad since 4 years ago..that means they had taken their 'few hundred' salary for that long!!faintt...and i wonder y they not promoted to senior squad yet..coz there's not many players left in the squad..
    rashid has submitted many purposal to bam ,but no action has been taken by them..:crying::crying:and i heard that those back-up players are getting fed-up with it...:mad::mad:

15. extremenanopowe

haiz... sad lah. Maybe can try KLRC. Am sure Rashid wants the best for his students. Maybe BAM want to tekan them so that they work harder. Wonder if they can go pro like Misbun last time to earn a living. Maybe Misbun can give some advice. But again, Misbun is under BAM. So have to be good boy. I believe there should be a marketing to help this players to earn more lah. Am sure those banks wouldn't mind sponsoring them. Any one in BAM reading this to help the kids?

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its all about Discipline..

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    'Monkey' Tan Chun Seang blossomed

There was no monkeying around for Tan Chun Seang when he faced the ever popular Peter Gade, seeded 4 in this SO.

TCS was dead serious although he did put up his famous 'Jet Li smile' here and there in small doses. He followed PG all the way never let his eye off him and the shuttle. Neither did PG give TCS any quarters despite having a bandage on his little finger on his non racket hand and almost thrashed the latter with a 21-10 score line in the first game.

Despite this, TCS must have played the best match of his career so far when he shocked PG by taking the second game 21-17. He was self-motivated, inspired to be able to have a game with the master and never gave up trying for every shot. In a relatively short space of time that I last saw him at the old SBA Hall, he has blossomed into a more matured player that is fit to be inducted into the national team.

Even in the last and deciding game, TCS remained tenacious and focussed, not allowing the luxury of too many unforced errors to ruin his game. PG must be very surprised but he used his vast experience to finally nail TCS 21-19, without allowing him any chance of a deuce.

A wonderful experience to remember for a long time for 'monkey' TCS. :D;):)

Attached Files:

#217 Loh, Jun 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Great pictures, Loh :)

Indeed, Tan Chun Seang played his heart out against the Danish master.
    So frustrated was TCS when he failed to wrest a deuce in the final game that he smashed his racquet.
    He was in tears when he left the court.

This boy is set to go places.

19. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Just curious, why was he nicknamed "monkey"? :eek: Did he do the somersault in the court? :D

20. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

for that, you have to ask yannie!