Which 2010 Yonex shoe is wider?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by London_Player, May 3, 2010.

1. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Dear All,

Last year I bought Shb-200. Normally I'm UK size 8 but then I learned that Yonex run sizes smaller, so ordered 8.5 but still found a bit tight but able to play along. Should have ordered size 9! Now I might give this shoe to someone else or sell it.

Now which of the latest Yonex model shall I purchase? I don't like 'lateral claw' feature as it grips too tight and have a fairly wide feet. Do I go for Shb-85 or Shb-92?

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Read SHB-85 is narrower than SHB-91 in a webshop's description. From blitzards' comparison between SHB-200EX (international & your version) and SHB-200WM (japanese version) your 200 might be about as wide as the 91's. Would assume there are no models wider than your 200's except for the japanese 4E width models, the 200 and 80 & 81.
    Perhaps just go for the size 9 then? Or measure what "fairly wide" is exactly ;).

3. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Thanks for your comment.

What about SHB-92, is that narrower than 85. In terms of overall quality would you say that shb 200 is still the top shoe in the Yonex range as its the most expensive, even more than the 2010 newer models like 85 and 92?

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

According to sellers the SHB200WM (Japan version) has been the top selling Yonex wide feet spec'd shoes since 2009 such that they're not only continuing its production for another year in 2010 but have also released an alternate colour scheme (originally Galaxy Black, now also in Red/Gold).

As for the comfort personally I feel the SHB200WM has one of the best cushioning I have yet experienced in a Yonex shoe and are perfectly comfortable even with the stock Yonex insoles (although since my feet are of 4E width so I can't really compare with the non-wide shoes). They are also perfect for protection and comfort during serious (and sometimes risky) competition play although for training purposes sometimes I feel that they could have been a little more airy and prevent my feet from sweating so much (am a heavy sweater myself).

I do know that players of the likes of Lee Chong Wei, Lin Dan, Koo Kien Keat, Tan Boon Heong etc. have worn the SHB200WM for competition play even though I believe they're not wide feet athletes.

I believe SHB92 has the same width as the SHB85 since both are of the standard 3E size.

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Either 92 is the same width as the 85 or since it's the successor of the 91 it might be the same as that (meaning slightly wider). Might get the 200's myself, the 85 (or 65CF that I have) for me would be perfect on a wooden floor. Alternatively still have to try one of those special insoles ... but at the price they are charging here you can practically get yourself a pair of shoes.
    Looking at the Yonex website the 101's checks the most boxes in terms of technology incorporated I believe.

According to this thread the 92's seem to be as wide as the 91's and comparable to the 200EX (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83586)