Please review on GOSEN RYOGA SERIES

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jason1975, May 27, 2011.

1. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Bought Ryoga Shiden MBS and will get it someday next week. Will try it and write a simple review xD

2. bestwish

bestwish New Member

I am planning to buy one of Gosen Ryoga too
    so lucky i can find one looking for the same product
    MBS looks not include string
    which string will fit tenbu and shiden better
    and do you choose free air shipping or ems?

3. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Hmmm it depends on your preference. Different kind of strings give different feels and effects, and it also depends on the user. So there is no certain as to which string should put on racket. Its entirely up to user. I choose bg80 because I like the hard feeling and give great repulsion power.

I choose EMS parcel because it is faster and more secure (with ins). Its not expensive anyways, so it doesnt matter to me. I have emailed them last week and they said they just started selling ryoga series racket and they dont have stock now, but the stock will arrive to their store this fri/sat.

4. bestwish

bestwish New Member

actually i mean the gosen strings not yonex since it is a gosen racket
    compare form their web i think
    pro70 = bg65,
    r4x 100 = bg66um, r4x momone = bg80, r4x tsuyoshi = bg68
    nanocubic = nbg95, nanomicro = nbg98
    i would like try nanomicro and the silver color looks more similar to lightning
    also thank you for telling me about the stock

5. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

That's some good comparisons between gosen and yonex string. Thank for the information.

6. asurada

asurada Regular Member

good news! Tenbu and Issen are getting a cosmetic refresh!

New colour for Issen. Look at all the black.
    img58008390.jpg

7. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

I don't think thats true. Please dont do that.. Its so obvious that you changed the colour.

8. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Kwun is there anyway to remove #26 post for me please? I dont like a post like that to be in my thread. Its an insult to Gosen. I am a serious fan of Gosen.

9. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

I am now playing with the shiden, will share my opinion soon

10. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Thank alot.. Please share your experience with us =]

11. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

It might take some time for me to fully test the racket, if you want something now, I can briefly write a short review here with 3hrs of play. It might not be very accurate but can be a reference for new user.

12. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Yea that would be helpful too =]. And next time you can write a full review after you have fully tested tested the racket.

13. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

Too begin with, I'll start from the appearance. The cosmetic looks very cool, pretty Japanese style blue and gold. The blue colour on racket head and shaft are different, I like the colour change very much. And I warp the handle with a blue overgrip, which is a pretty good match.

The racket is pretty even balance, I do not have accurate instruments to measure but its around 280mm strung with overgrip on. As I am using the Zymax62 which is a very thin and light string, you should get a higher BP if you use different string.

Let's get to something more related to playing. Though the head is a bit oval-shaped that is smaller that normal racket head, I don't find it hard to adjust. I guess if you can hit the shuttlecock with the centre even your previous racket has large sweetspot, there should be no problem using this.

The shaft is pretty stiff, with the combined effect of the hard Zymax62, it feels very hard on first hit, especially during warmup. There's one thing I like most, the swing speed is very fast, you can actually hear it when you swing it. In real playing, this is a powerful racket yet pretty controllable.

The downside of this racket should be the price to many. Yet to discover more.

Here's a quick review, very brief indeed. Will write a full review in the coming weeks.

14. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

BTW, for more information of the combined effect of racket and string. Yu can visit the thread I start in the Badminton String Forum

15. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

I think I should add something more, this is not a racket for everyone. Solid fundamentals are needed. My friends who have slightly less consistent hitting found this racket pretty tough to play with. A good wrist power downwards is required to hit a sharp smash, otherwise, the shuttle is likely to go flat that will be less vital to your opponent.

16. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Thank for the information. I hope I will feel the same as you do when I get my Ryoga Shiden next week. Have to admit it is a bit expensive but the appearance attract me to buy it :D

17. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Yup it is very true, for a stiff racket like shiden. Thank

18. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

Yeah, my stringer studied my racket for quite a while, he's also attracted by the cosmetic.
    Hope that you find this racket suitable.

19. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

Let me make this more tempting. The shaft is in fact pretty flexible if you can gather enough speed. I guess this is the effect of Zylon, I can feel it but not very impressive so far. Maybe my arm is not strong enough to make full use of it.

20. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

I have tried Z slash and 8dx but I am not sure if Shiden feels the same as the two rackets. I can used those two rackets well even though I only tried both of the rackets from my friend for a while.