ARC10 Premium~smash problem

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by james601, Jul 5, 2012.

1. chng5255

chng5255 Regular Member

Racquets, Strings, Tensions are subfactors. I personally think you should combine stamina, footworks and playing styles to improve your game. I am using AT900P, ARC10 RED, VTZF LTD and some forgotten racquets but i am not having problem when i switching among them every session.

2. fruitychees

fruitychees Regular Member

student
    I dont really know if you guys used the arc 10 for as long as you guys claim. I use it and it is a food all around racquet. Smashes are fine with lots of power. I personally think it is better than the at700 power wise.

3. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Not really sure what you mean by that. But for me, I generally know whether a racquet is any good for me from the first few rallies playing with it.

Ok, put it this way, if someone gave me a wok to play badminton with I probably wouldn’t do too well to start with. However if someone told me that all I can use is this wok to play badminton for one year, then at the end of the year, I’m sure I would have adapted reasonably well and perhaps play relatively well with it. Unlikely to win the All-England, but might come in handy if my opponent annoys me?

So let’s assume we’ve got to the end of the year and review where we are with the wok, did it help my game? Was I more prone to injury? Did I enjoy playing with it for 1 year? Was I able to hit my favourite (mario kart style) super "red-shell" smash down the line?

Ok I agree, I can use a wok to hit a shuttle as long as I spend enough time with it. Yes, there’s always a slight adjustment in timing etc as you warm to any new racquet but you should know whether it is worth doing quite early in your acquaintance with it.

In summary, IMO, the Arc10 is probably the worst racquet (particularly given its price tag) in my collection. I’ve played with a fair few racquets in my time and tend generally to agree with what Yonex would consider their “top end” racquets. But in this instance, I am baffled.

The only reasoning I can think of is whether the arc10’s that professionals use are significantly different to those that us mere mortals can buy? Or perhaps that the super-high tensions that pros use brings the best out of the arc10?

Also, I’ve noticed a lot of players blindly buy what their idols or professional players use and are quite gullible and easily sold into the marketing without finding out whether it is any good for them first. Some sell their racquets shortly after, others just grin and bare it until they’ve adapted themselves to the racquet.

As I’ve always said, a racquet should complement the player not the other way around! ;)

4. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Have this racket, even balance like the original. Very good overall, doesn't lack speed or power. Just dependant whether it suits the wielder.

5. Smashing4life

Smashing4life Regular Member

Exactly. I can generate great speed with the arc 10 with a great overall play as well. To me its a great racket

6. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I've received the racket last month and to compare, I strung the racket with NBG98 like alle the other ARC10's at 11 kg and wrapped it with the same grip as I always do. To my surprise the ARC10 Premium was 1 cm head lighter than the ARC10 red! The ARC10PG was the head heaviest of the 3. All off them are 3U-G4. During play, I also noticed that the Arc10 Premium was not on par with the other 2 in terms of power but it wasn't unplayable. I just had to adjust to the fact that it was not the same. It did not feel different in terms of stiffness, so there may be some differences in built between the Premium and the other ARC10's. Just for reference, it may be handy to post other balance facts. I think the difference between the ARC10 classic and the ARC10PG can be within the production margin, but the ARC10 Premium is not.

#26 CarbonexFan, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012