Most difficult racquet to master

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by green.blood, Nov 26, 2008.

1. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I love the feel of an RSL racquet.. RSL X2 Pro, I just swung it.. and I loved it.. but I couldn't afford it :p
    I find that RSL, Wilson, Prince and Ashaway racquets have similar feel. This may be because of the different handle shape/size compared to Yonex.. I just hate the original Yonex handle shape/size, I always sand off the edges of the bevels.

NS9KX isn't a problem for me at all, I quiet like the solid feel of it.

I don't really like the normal feel of Yonex racquets.. They feel rather hollow to me.

I don't like the feel of the MP99, so I'll call that the hardest racquet for me to master for now.. I've played with it a few times, borrowing my friends' racquets.. I still don't like it.

2. herovc

herovc Regular Member

What about the ultra mega stiff Yonex ever made... MP100?
    If memory serves me right, that had been claimed one of the toughest racquet to master due to its stiffness.

3. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Probably 1st Gen 2U Ti-10 and 2U MP100?

NS9000X is awesome IMHO, fast, light and powerful.

MP99 and Arc10 are initially uncomfortable to use, feel and the sweetspot is quite different, maybe its the even balance of the racquet.

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Arcsaber 10. However, I've finally mastered it. I found the NS9K X quite easy to get used to.

5. Russki Bear

Russki Bear Regular Member

IT
    I loved the MP100..... broke all my handles :(

From a big (should be playing rugby really) dude's point of view:

I don't have a great deal of skill (I got some training I suppose, and my technique while could be better, isn't atrociously wrong) but I can hit very hard.....I had to learn that sometimes hitting softly is also aggressive :) I also read about Dink's drop/smash which I use too hehe, I find softer racquets less easy to use....they feel mushy for me. Nicer to net roll with often I guess, but I can cope with the stiffer racquets quite alright, just need to be more switched on to get it right.

#25 Russki Bear, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    NS9000X and CAB22 are even stiffer than MP100 so MP100 isn't much of an issue.

7. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    You can't afford RSL X2 Pro ? Sure ? I thought you have all the high end racquets, including the TC700 ?

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I have a 2U MP100 and I don't think it is the toughest racquet to use. It is only hard to use due to the small ISO head. If you compare it to the racquets currently available, you will see that it is quite small.

9. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Most new racquets feel like that to me.. but that's because my Cab8 is 23 years old :p
    I like the feel of the MP99 though. Light but still "strong".

10. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    agree for both of you :D Saber 10 is really hard to adapt, especially in term of power. Takes 2 month to get the power :eek: and still not superb, just good...feel this racket is made for control player not for hard hitter. :)

11. kimir

kimir Regular Member

i beg to differ... dun find the isometric frame of mp series small... love the sweetspot

12. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I don't know, I find the Arc10 is really quite powerful now I've got used to it. However, I did add some lead tape to mine.

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    So-called stiff racquets like MP100, MP99, NS9000X, or even AT700 are actually very easy to play if you have the hand speed. If you have a strong arm power but slow hand speed then you may not be able to use stiff racquets. A more flexible racquet is then more suitable.
    But herein lies the problem. If you can only handle a flxible racquet but noot a stiff racquet, then have you considered that your hitting technique is not up to the mark? An inability to play effortlessly with very stiff racquet is symtomatic of slow hand speed and/or poor hitting technique.

14. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    wee... I regret my words T_T... Just a week from handling local tournament and I totally forgot how to use my own racket T_T... How pathetic xD...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I mastered the Arc10 in merely a month, control is still a bit lacking due to the low tension of the string, but I can generate a lot of power from it.

Now I'm trying to make my AT900T to like me, it kinda feels like a 2U Arc10 with stiffer shaft. But I string my AT a bit higher so I can have better control and power is still an issue after 3 weeks of "boom-ing"...:p

16. soccer613

soccer613 Regular Member

EE
    Stiffness + fast swing = awesome

I found with X2 Pro GOLD and AMP95, you need to swing the rackets a little bit faster to get "all out" otherwise it will feel "strange" and the shuttlecock flights very weird.
    My main rackets now are X2 GOLD and APACS AMP95. It was very hard to adjust but for awhile you will love it.
    I play other racket when I am not feeling so well.
    So it very much depends on your day

Cheers,

BTW, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL USA PLAYERS

TURKEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GAME for now

#36 soccer613, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  17. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Am I allowed to say AT900T in 4U? It swings damn fast and requires the best timing, and lacks power if you don't time perfectly. AT700, ARC10, NS racquets are a piece of cake for me.

18. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

It's because I used up all my relatives' wishes.. :p.. (ie: two new mizuno racquets )

The X2 pro was sold at a distributor's sale with a reduced price of only 150NZD!! :eek::eek: Too bad, they only accepted cash..

19. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Rodney, another power racket for you(RSL Gold)!! Well you know who to give your Arc10 to if you don't like it, lol.

As for hard racket to use; that's very subjective so for me it would be most 2U rackets. I like singles and dragging a 2U around for 40 mins would make my arm break off. So no specific racket just weight. A 3U is would I like.

Tim H

20. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I've modified my AT700 so much that it feels like a 2U now. I filled the hollow part of the wooden handle with plasticine ( modelling clay ) and taped the frame too.
    I find that the shots feel more solid than before, but my friend who uses an AT300 finds it impossible to use.