Finally found the best racket in the world!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chirigamii, Mar 31, 2009.

1. chirigamii

chirigamii Regular Member

I had a armortec 900 power and it's a very good racket (for me the second best racket maybe) but I don't have the same sensation of repulsion like the MP99. Of course all is a question of player finally.

2. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    what makes the best racket in the world

Have you ever had the experience of playing when all your shots were perfectly placed and you could do no wrong??? "Playing in the Zone"....
    Getting the right racket with just the right string, at just the right tension, with just the right bp, with just the right flex is like hitting the jackpot in Vegas....sometimes it just happens....:D
    If the MP99 was all it was cracked up to be when it was introduced then it would not be discontinued now....but you hit the Jackpot so enjoy it......:D

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    That's a bit harsh. The MP99 has been around a long time and all good things must come to an end at some point. I think that perhaps now it has come to the natural end of its lifespan. Despite it not being my favourite racket ever, I think it's a shame that Yonex haven't made a direct successor to it.

4. chirigamii

chirigamii Regular Member

I think that simply the MP99 has been discontinued because Yonex needs money to live. Even if the racket is very good or near perfection (for me) if you want to continue to be number one on the market you have to create new things because others badminton brand won't stop to creat "new" technology and so on.
    Yonex finds new technologies for their rackets every year but the only aim is to sell new rackets and to make badminton players speak about them.
    I know that everybody can't agree with me, the aim of this thread is in fact my curiosity : what is your favourite racket? and there is a lot of armortec 700 I see.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    there is mp 99 limited.
    there is no best.
    I view mp99 as a generalist racket, lots of mass appeal, for the general users.

6. what07

what07 Regular Member

MP99 is awesome. I remember playing badminton couple years ago and would drool over that thing. But now I use 60% AT900P, 40% Arc 10.

7. Wan Njang

Wan Njang Regular Member

Gomen Staff
    Ti10 3rd gen...superb racquet for me...:D

8. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    I am not being harsh....It is a fact of life that in business if you want to make money you have to provide new product...
    You miss my point....If in fact the 99 was the "best racket in the world" it would never be discontinued....It would have been easy to change graphics and continue sales....You have to understand this is "tongue in cheek" talk and that there can never be a best because there are too many styles of play and one racket will never fill all the needs of everyone....But I sure wish I had one....:D