Victor New Racket Meteor X JJS ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Polaroid, May 18, 2012.

1. Stephanus

Stephanus Regular Member

Hard worker
    I played with Vt80, strung with bg66UM@24lbs, for 4 months and I have got a strained shoulder. I currently play with Mx60 with zm65@25 and found it quite good and comfortable. Considering mx jjs for the extra power, however, I am worried that it is too stiff for my shoulder. What do you think of mx jjs playability (power, speed, comfort)compared to vt80? Thanks.

2. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Compared to the Voltric it was more powerful for me but slower and less maneuverable!
    Are you playing plastic or feather?

3. Stephanus

Stephanus Regular Member

Hard worker
    I play with feather. I play MD and my rackets are 4U.

4. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Maybe you are using too much force...
    The JJS can produce more power than the Voltric with less effort however it is noticeably stiffer during play and I could not get my smashes to go in a steep angle!
    I picked up the TK8000 and it plays more like the Voltric!

5. Stephanus

Stephanus Regular Member

Hard worker
    All, which string would be great with mx jjs, az65@24 (to max power)or nanogy99@24 (to add control)?thanks.

6. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    nanogy99 is very durable string. But not last long for its performance. if u look for pocket saving, nanogy99 is the one. Az65 is thin string, i was broke the string after played 2 games. So i suggest u try both which string suit to you.

7. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    AZ65 is Zymax 65 right? I use it and it is very durable. At least here in Brunei's climate

8. kodek

kodek Regular Member

My time with Meteor X JJS.....
    3U,BG66 Ultimax at 24lb.

Today I had a chance to try out my MTX JJS on court for 3 hours.

Here's my report from the session,please dont flame me as as I am only a beginner to intermidite level player cum reviewer:p.

Warmup:

I set out on court with JJS and hit a few hit and immediately felt the stifness of the shaft and best of all the stability of the head.the new BG66 Ultimax at 24lb doesnt help matter as my clearence was struggling to reach the baseline.BUT...This is a big but...I feel that it was down to the string not broken in before this and I keep on hitting a few more overhead and drives.

GAME TIME:

Service:

From the first serve i put with the JJS,immediately felt good and accurate placement was a bonus,coming from an even blance racket user like Kason F9 I was suprise at how delicate the touch needed for the shuttle to go and placement was spot on.I was able to replicate the same serve 3 times and all three landed on the spot intended.

Net play:
    This is a strong area of the racket.the net play was really good for a head heavy racket,my net pickup barely need a small lift for it to tumble to the other side and most of the time it tumbles very close to the net until my opponent can't even put a racket edge to it,Yes,it was that close.best of all doing a cross net shot is never a problem again.I am able to pull of cross net shot as i like and when i like.

Drives:

Another stong area of this racket,because of the stability of the head that i mention above,drives are a pleasure to execute and with it some venom,its faster and accurate.

Smash:

Using my previous racket the F9 i was able to execute good smash but lacking in a bit of accuracy,the JJS fix that problem.My smash today was booming and accurate.boy did i enjoy it.

we cameback to the clearence problem i had when warming up,Its GONE...the string bed settles in and clearence from base line to base line only need a flick of the wrist and sometimes even out of bounds.My back hand shots are the surprise of the day as as easy as i am able to do a clearence,thats is also how easy it is to do a backhand shot to the baseline.

In short,the racket is amazing,and it suits my overall game.verry happy with it.for me its a keeper.

Thank you for reading and i hope this helps.

#508 kodek, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  9. victorgabriel1

victorgabriel1 Regular Member

Hey! Thought I'd share my experience with you guys...I have 2 jjs and broken one of them yesterday...fell sprained my ankle and it appears to be broken... /cry

10. Dread97

Dread97 Regular Member

how does the 3u version compare to the 4u version in terms of playablity and durability? (i know the obvious, it's faster XD) What i mean to ask is Do the shots feel the same with both of them and are they around the same in durability?

11. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

I got a friend who is going back to Taiwan to visit his family. At the same time, he might be getting rackets from there. Any Taiwanese victor shop to recommend to get MX JJS?

12. Mike1337

Mike1337 Regular Member

Some more close ups.

Some more close ups for you.:)

Attached Files:

13. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    Eh..how come urs with megan graphene? mine is written graphene reinforced wor

14. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

racket mustve come from EU. legal mumbo jumbo.

15. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    Ohhh okok there is diff? I thought all is the same :)

16. Mike1337

Mike1337 Regular Member

Yes, I believe the word graphene is protected so you cannot use it without permission, so they have changed the wording, rather like their MX London 2012 racket, they had to remove 2012.

Regards

Mike

17. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Can someone translate this?
    2012122211310385.gif
    MX-JJS is marked with this note on the victor taiwanese website.

18. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

It translates to limited supply. If it's true, I'm glad I bought mine recently :D

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Graphen is the German spelling of Graphene and Magan is a "technology" used before for these local enhancements by Victor Germany, the distributor for Europe. But indeed the word Graphene is already registered in Europe for branding I just saw so most likely they had to make a new name for the technology here ...

#519 demolidor, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  20. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    So JJS or BSLYD 1?