Broken racket from shipment

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by frostcone, Apr 23, 2010.

1. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

I received a broken at900t and the frame was bent. It was in a slim package box with only newspapers in it. Can a racket really bend that easily during shipment or did the seller break it on purpose?

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Is the frame bent with the strings in? If so, cut the strings out and see if the frame is still bent. If not, then string job was to blame; if so, the seller didn't pack it properly - you need some form of protection around the head (I use bubble wrap when ending rackets back to customers).

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I can't imagine why the seller would break it on purpose, they would have nothing to gain from doing that. If a racket isn't properly protected, I could understand it getting damaged during shipping.

As Mark suggests, have someone cut the strings out of the racket and see if it returns to normal shape. If not, maybe you could see about filing an insurance claim or getting you money back from the seller?

4. druss

druss Regular Member

Also, what condition was the box in? If there were large creases then it was probably done during shipping.

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) If the At900-t frame is bent, it is either broken or fake.
    2) Check the box condition. If the box is dent or broken, file a claim with shipping company.
    3) It is always good to buy from local dealer or reputable internet dealer who does good job to protect the items.

6. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

As Mark says, cut out the strings and it'll most probably return to it's normal shape (talking about the head, but if its the shaft that's bent...pretty much done):(.

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

where did you get it from and whats the serial, cone code ?

8. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

I just cut the strings and frame returned to ~90% straight. Guess it's bad string job and shipping killed it, but it was only strung 24lb...I was only able to get 70% refund back..I heard there's nothing I can do because there wasn't insurance. There are 2 big cracks on the frame

9. amleto

amleto Regular Member

not sure about the US, but in UK its the retailer's responsibility to ensure the product arrives in satisfactory condition.

10. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Where did u get it from? And how did you pay for it? If it's paypal I'm pretty sure there's buyer protection for things like that....

11. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

12. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

You can always try though, because it arrived broken... It doesn't hurt to file a claim anyways...

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The last shot in the picture. It's not clear enough to have a definate answer but fro my observation, it looks like there is a crack near the bottom. If yes, that would probably explain why the racket is bent.

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    U buy it brand new or 2nd hand?Usually it happends only when the racket is strung.Higher risk of breaking during shipment.

If u buy it in brand new,just send it back to the store or seller n try to claim for it.While if u buy 2nd hand,contact the seller immidiately,n ask for how to settle the problem.

15. amleto

amleto Regular Member

the only thing you can do is return it for refund and get the seller to claim on postage insurance for their loss. this could be quite a lot of hassle depending upon how honourable the seller is.

16. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

If you got its from this forum, then ask the seller for a refund, seeing as it did not come in the condition stated. I doubt any forumer would put up an unnaturally unreasonable fight.

I think i saw a crack there too, but i am not sure.