2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397740326.691704.jpg
    Shoes are okay.... Not great....

2. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    * speechless*

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Looks like a court jester's shoes. :eek:

5. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

Hey I got a question. Im choosing between ZSlash and ZF2. Totally going for ZF2 but it's so expensive lol.

So my question is: Does the ZF2 have a thin frame? Im worried because i might break it easily due to frame hits. If it has, can you guys recommend me any high end rackets with a quite thick frame?

Thanks

BTW, Sunriseclick has a 10% off promo code. Will expire on monday, hurry!

code is TAKE10DTG

6. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    So, now back to topic!

Got a ZF2 3U/G4 for testing from my retailer! I looked forward to test the racket with a stock string BG66UM at approximately 24lbs! Not one of my favorite i had to annotate! BG80 with 26lbs is my string of choice!

Clears: Are really great, such as my ZF but a little more crisp!
    Drops: Working well, but if the shuttle is to slow, you could get a problem!
    Smash: Quite amazing and a noticeble step to more power compared to my ZF1 4U.
    Net: Sadly no improvement at the net.
    Defense: For me, that is the most important Factor, cause that was the weakest point of my ZF. There is no improvement as well.

What fundamental bothers me, is the stffness of the shaft! It is too much IMO. So there is no advantage if you are in trouble in your defense. For recreational players and those who are not training every day, there is no particulary advantage to get from this racket!

Please recognize, this is only my personal opinion!!

#1326 picard500, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  7. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

That's the point. This is meant to be a high-end racket for more skilled players. Some can utilize the stiffness and some can't. Yonex is just giving the consumers choices.

8. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

How often do you mishit? Also what racquet are you using now? I'm using my Z-Force II at 26lb with zymax 65 strings and it is awesome. At that tension, mishits are quite forgivable given that it's within the 20-28lb pound range for warranty.

To answer your question, the frame of the Z-Force II is quite thin. What sort of racket are you looking for? Because by looking at your two choices, they are very different rackets and I'm not too sure the Z-Force II (although it isn't as hardcore as it's predecessor) wouldn't be suited to beginners.

9. SawitTri

SawitTri Regular Member

Student
    have been using the racket for a few weeks now. Overall, it is an amazing racket. certainly able to generate more power than the NRZSP though the shuttle does not travel as fast.

One problem i have with it is that when smashing, I am not able to hit the shuttle downwards that much and it tends to travel more straightly than with other rackets. does anyone else have this problem? is this due to the extra stiff shaft?

PS. I plan do a proper comparison between the two rackets in the near future

10. yeahehehehe

Sir, it is not due to the racket. It is where you contact the shuttle. If you hit the shuttle in a low point. Then it will tend to travel flat.

Anyway, I've been using an MXJJS w/ VS850 @26lbs. My string broke yesterday and im gonna restring it with NBG98 @ 25/26lbs. It's BP is 295mm. Dry BP is 287. Dry weight is 89g.

I hit the frame/mishit when im attempting to do a smash. I tend to hit the shuttle as soon as i can reach it with my racket. I swing too fast and too early (That's what my brain thinks that the main formula for a powerful smash, I know it's wrong). Most of the time i hit the upper part of the frame. Im currently on my journey of removing this habit.

Anyway, i was also thinking of the Arc11. Here's my priority list currently

1.VTZF2
    2.ARCZS
    3.ARC11

Help me out.

11. thesuperone

thesuperone New Member

hey guys just a question, saw you guys were talking about mishit, so you guys mean if u mishit and the shuttlecock will break the frame? is it true?

12. Renmazuo27

[MENTION=116697]thesuperone[/MENTION]....if you have it strung at very high tensions, yes that is a possibility. Lower tensions it should be fine unless your stringer is incompetent at his trade.
    [MENTION=111540]yeahehehehe[/MENTION]. Okay if you were to play 10 shots, out of those 10 how many would you mishit? If you're consistently mishitting with the JJS then I'm not too sure the Z-Force 2 is suited for you. The zforce 2 is friendlier but you have to be consistent with your shots to really enjoy it. This is because of the smaller sweetspot, not to mention the head-heavy balance and stiff shaft.

13. Magehai

Magehai Regular Member

mishits would generally cause the strings to break quicker (especially at high tensions), but not the frame.

14. thesuperone

thesuperone New Member

so i strung it at 26lbs with bg66um, will there be any possibility that my frame will break if mishit?

15. Renmazuo27

No, I had mine strung at 26lb with zymax 65 and just snapped the string.

16. Uncle tan

Uncle tan Regular Member

My advice is..... just string whatever tension on the racquet u like, enjoy the joy of the badminton game. Mishit or not...come later, as long u don't crush your racquet severely, ur fame won't break.

17. yeahehehehe

I'd say 3 out of 10. Since half of my game is smashes. Hmmm, ZSlash or VTZF2. The ZF2 is more expensive compared to ZSLASH.
    [MENTION=81086]Renmazuo27[/MENTION]

18. Renmazuo27

[MENTION=111540]yeahehehehe[/MENTION]. Do you do drops/sliced drops, drives, net shots? Currently I'd say go for the Z-Slash or Arc 11 as they are quite forgiving rackets. If you want an easier racket to use, the Arc 11 has the larger head between the Z Force II and Z Slash and bigger sweet spot. It's also stiff. (We should probably continue this convo in pm or the racket recommendation thread to keep the Z Force II forum clean.)

19. yeahehehehe

20. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    what racket do you use?