My turn on the stand

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Birdwood, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

The activity suited for me most nowadays is downhill slow walking. Uphill climbing and flying are only for young bloods, who are looking for adventures in the wonderland :D

2. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Looked up Ipoh, it says to be "the best place of living for retirement" and given the beautiful name as "Hill City" since it is surrounded by hills. If I lived in a place like that, I would never want to leave the ground :eek::p

3. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    hahaha, yeah ipoh rocks....well at least..limestones. i like slow pace town. hectic city life makes me grind to a halt. you know like those scenes in the movie where other people and surroundings go fast forward and the lead character stood still. :)

ipoh trivia : back during the boon time for tin mining, a lot of taukes bought mercedes benz until mercedes put up a mercedes benz statue (the logo only) on top of a hill. :D

#23 azabaz_ipoh, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  4. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I can see why you love peace so much. It's cultivated in a place with slow pace, peaceful life, and tranquil scenery. Nothing can beat that.

I don't know when this boom time of mining was, but did the wealth lasted to present day? If so, would now be even more Mercedes Benz and BMW on the road than before?

5. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    :D the time for tin mining has passed long before. tin mining taukes have diversified their business to other fields like constructions and real estate. so they moved to Kuala lumpur where it is more promising. ipoh was left behind and in fact looks like it is still in their tin mining years. :) even the big mercedes logo on top of the hill is gone now.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wow, our tourism department very smart, make Ipoh sound like paradise, no offense to Azabar, I also come from smaller town(cant reveal the name yet, chris ccc must guess 1st), not the hustling big cities, so know how it feels like.

Anyway, dont think you're as old as our fastdrop or Loh, right? I'm not the younger generation anymore, hehe. the 18-24 age range are. We ehemm, older already, still can fly high, just 'glide' along with the wind - eagle smart, got wide wings, can do that.;);)

Birdwood also smart, just glide along lah.

7. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I guess you think differently about small town life. But that's perfect normal as personal preference.

As to fly, actually I never like height and always get dizzy with high ground and standing at edges sort of things, also easily get dizzy with things moving fast and driving around in circles. So don't count on me flying, and wish you happy hunting :)

8. eaglehelang

Huh? I meant I like smaller town, not bigger city. Just the description of Ipoh given is not my impression, of course, same thing- own country, see every day, seem the same & boring.

Looks like only we all here online. Most of them have gone to the stadium to watch the MO matches.

9. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    yeah, woe are we who cant be present at the stadium. :(

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Beautiful Melaka

I search, and I search, and I search... but there are so many smaller towns in Melaka like Bukit Baru, Bukit Beruang, ... all the hilly towns where eagles love to stay. :D:D:D

And this link provides me with interesting hotel info for me to come:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g306997-Melaka_Melaka_State-Hotel-Deals.html

Next, I will need to search for places to play Badminton there.

Lastly, to find some places to eat, for example, Restoran Rose for satays, etc... ;););)

11. eaglehelang

Nvm, we accompany each other here. Tan CS won, hope he still have enuf energy for tonite's match.

LOL, good for you chrisccc, you found it. Dont forget, Melaka also have a lot of 'durians' - Durian Daun, Durian Tunggal and smerky water - Ayer Keroh.

And, as the rest of Msian will tell you, it's a historical city, where the Portugese, Dutch & China 1st came. A lot of tourist seem to like all this but we all, it's nothing, boring, cos every time also can see.

Now you gotta find the other 2 - race (super easy) & marital status (also easy). What prize you want if find answer to all 3?? No pic or cash. he he

Any shows (other than badminton) that you like to watch? Downloaded some from torrents.

As for satays, anytime can, anytime you come Melaka, he he.

#31 eaglehelang, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Badminton to play, Durians to eat

Talking about
    eaglehelang in this Intro thread of Birdwood? :confused::confused::confused:

I suppose they are "
    Birds of a feather flock together" :D:D:D

Of course, I went to tackle the hardest question first. :):):) The other 2 questions, as you said, are super easy for race and also easier for marital status.

BTW, you should remember what koo_fan have told you "don't forget to include 'eaglehelang' in your wedding card". And what you've said to her...... "need to save money 1st for the wedding dinner and all" before getting married. :p:p:p

:D:D:D Even Kak azabaz_ipoh said this yesterday http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=763157&postcount=366

What prize I want??? ...... Well, I want Badminton, Nasi Lemak, Durian, Satay, ...... (too many to choose from). :D:D:D

13. eaglehelang

I already give hint, you sure can find wan. hehe.

Seriously! What prize you want?

14. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

After all the discussion about Eagle, we'll have to paste the link to the rightful owner's intro.

I thought Melaka is where you came from not where you are now, am I correct? Clicked on Chris@ccc's link about hotels above, the place looks very developed and a resort town, like any other places.

So how you are going to deliver the prize if Chris@ccc wants say Satay? Does he have to come to your place to get it? What a lucky guy :)

15. eaglehelang

He he, no choice, all of you like to congregate here, if not quiz never finish.

Melaka of course must develop the hotels & resorts, tourism state & historical state mah. Historical - when all the Portugese, Dutch, China 1st came to Msia, where St Francis Xavier 1st set foot to Melaka & all that. It's called the gateway to Msia, was a port in those days. That's also why the straits between West Msia & Sumatra is called Straits of Melaka, not straits of sgor or penang.

Satay prize is when chris ever come to Msia. This one online transfer, other type of prize.

16. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Welcome,bird wood!!