Tan Chun Seang

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Loh, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^As far as i can see..^^

- There are no other "top MS player" in the MAS national squad other than Dato LCW. The other (younger players) are still up & comers and have yet to prove themselves on the big stage & against the big boyz. The "has been" players are probably hanging around other clubs (KLRC).
    Is BAM really afraid TCS will one day become like Dato LCW and conquer the MS world, thus they are not letting him go??..
    So, what is TCS' main excuse of wanting to bolt out of BAM? Not given enough playing time? Or simply he doesn't enjoy training very2 hard? Or other hidden reason(s)??
    - Yes, there are & you can still find "old fashion American gals". They just have to search them in the southern states, Texas, mid-U.S. states and some northwest states.

#301 ctjcad, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    that's wat i think as well... BAM is scare that if TCS is given a free exit... more & more will follow...

TCS has become the SAMPLE ! ! ! so pity!!!

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    What I meant is coaching in schools, not the national level. But he has to compete with Chinese coaches as well. ;)

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    While you are not wrong, a player who wants to be a good coach should first go through a good coaching course and obtain certification. These days the paper is still important for employment purposes. :D

5. LeeCW

LeeCW Regular Member

Engineer
    agreed with you coaching course is important! as i can see here in Msia most of the so called coach dont have certification. Dont even bother to ask the student to do warm up prior to thier training:(.

no problem for TCS to earn a good living as a coach cum sparing partner even without certification here!

6. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    It's not just skills, experience and certification to become coach / sparring partner overseas.

Any commited and professional person can 'do well' for themselves be it in a working class or sports career. EveryOne needs to prove their 'value' to their 'employer' and not just make noise but no action.

I'm sure many China / Indonesia 'coaches' & 'sparring partners' are doing well in Singapore because of these attributes which they possess and put in practice.

7. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Well, you're right.
    The funny thing is, the reverse also applies: not every good player become a good coach. :p

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

If I not mistaken, TCS already attached.;)

- That was my thought too but you put it clearer.
    - You never say, I also forgot all about Lee Hock Lai
    TCS can also apply to join the 4 uncles's baddy academy or Cheah Soon Kit's setup. If Au Kok Leong (ex-KLRC MD player) a lesser known player, can be the assistant coach there....

Looking at it another way, with this issue & media coverage, now TCS is 'famous' already, the overseas clubs or league reading will think "Ohhh, never noticed this guy, didnt know he exist...." :p:p

9. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Next comes a question: "Is this guy good?" ;)

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Or maybe SBA can help TCS to get PR and represent Singapore in international events. I consider him is a good FT.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Dato, I'm afraid you haven't read BAM's restrictions properly. :D

12. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Aiya, some datuk in BAM can pull string-lah, only thing is TCS has good relationship or not.

13. SibugiChai

YAB
    that's why when politician got involve in sports, the politician also bring along their political way into the sports...

Kick Racism outta badminton!

Kick Politician outta Badminton!

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    that is a long way:cool:

15. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Any update stories on this fellow?

16. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    source:http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2009/9/27/sports/4793432&sec=sports

Sunday September 27, 2009
    Players’ welfare needs a re-look if BAM want to retain the best
    COMMENT
    By RAJES PAUL
    THE BA of Malaysia (BAM), in an unprecedented move, slapped former back-up shuttler Tan Chun Seang with a two-year ban from international tournaments when he walked out on the national team two weeks ago.

Did the national body do the right thing?

There are two schools of thought here.

One group say BAM did the right thing. After all, the national body had spent a lot of time, money and resources to groom and mould him from a young age. This group praised the BAM for having the gall to protect their own interests.

The other saw it as a beginning of a Draconian rule.

They may have a point.

Is BAM the best place for all players – back-up, elite back-up and elite – to be in? Or is BAM giving spe**cial attention to only the elite shuttlers?

Men’s singles world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei may be hitting the RM1mil mark in annual income but what about all the back-up shuttlers waiting in the wings?

Believe it or not, an ordinary back-up shuttler only draws RM500 a month – a sum that is less than what some maids get these days.

Even a reserve player in a state football team takes home RM2,000 a month.

Chung Seang’s decision to walk away had nothing to do with the standard of coaching in the national body or his lack of passion for the game. It was because of his difficulty in making ends meet.

The 22-year-old was struggling to survive on the RM1,300-monthly allowance which he was getting as an elite back-up shuttler.

There are monthly car instalments, handphone bills and family commitments.

So, can we blame him for jumping ship the moment he finds out that he can make much more by playing elsewhere?

Even club and independent international players seem to be making a lot of money. Just look at former internationals Wong Choong Hann, Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah, Chan Chong Ming-Chew Choon Eng and Tan Bin Shen-Gan Teik Chai.

By being a free agent, they can do what a national shuttler cannot do – get as many sponsors they want and even do private coaching. On top of that, they get to compete in many tournaments.

The BAM will have to do some re-branding to improve their status as the home for the ‘best of the best’ in the county.

Their structure and programmes must be far better than those offered by clubs and states, and they must also make it appealing enough that no aspiring youngster will be tempted to leave.

If the BAM cannot give the shuttlers more than what is on offer outside, then, they should not stop the players from finding greener pasture.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thats right:rolleyes:...

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think I read somewhere that TCS gets around $1500. Is that right? :confused:

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Rm1,300 uncle, it's in The Star articles. But bf TCS was elit back up, only RM500/month.

20. SibugiChai

YAB