Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

soon Denmark's product brand FZ FORZA will be famous thanks to Zulfadli Zulkifli...!!

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    that's the word best describe the situation...

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Perhaps that's the Malaysian/Asian way of thinking.

Anyway, let's follow Zulfadli Zulkifli (under this way of thinking) and Viktor Axelsen (under the Denmark/Western way of thinking) to see how both of them will make their marks in the world in the next few years to come. ;););)

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

That's right... As you can see, I am more interested in ZZ than in BAM. ;););)

5. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

I am thinking of a model where all coaching and training are privatised, with the various private clubs applying for Govt. funding via BAM or some other body. If BAM wanted to they could privatise their coaching and training staff/programme now, while overseeing -- in broad terms -- the way the money is spent (not to the extent of micro managing, however, which would be self defeating) and also approving work permits for foreign coaching staff where required. What the sport needs is perhaps more competition among the clubs, and a transparent ranking system where merit prevails and only the deserving ones are sent to major tournaments like the WC and Olympics. Ah, the Utopia.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I agree. Tax payers want their monies go to players (for their training, travelling, and other expenses).

At the current situation, it looks like a bigger proportion of the monies have gone to administration expenses, and little is left for players' expenses.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but the tax money goes to some people pocket now

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Maybe to start off, BAM should "decentralize" and act as the funding, administration and processing centre or headquarters for all the badminton associations in the various Malaysian states.

The state associations should identify their talent pool for various age-groups and the state team and be given adequate funding for their coaching, staffing and related expenses. State associations should submit their detailed action plans and a budget for their requirements and their progress should be closely monitored.

All state team players will then assemble at periodical intervals to compete for a place in the National Team for the various international tournaments that will involve Malaysia.

BAM will not have to develop a team, as currently, to avoid any conflict of interest. There should be transparency and representation is based solely on merit. Every state should be treated equally without fear or favour.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    to maintain their power and status
    they wont do so
    if not
    no cake to share

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Was it not Morten Frost that handpicked LCW from the state selection, who knows what would have happened if he hadn't been there at that point in time ...

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

It looks like you are saying that they are more for "Self Interest", instead of for "National interest". :D:D:D

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes I thought that was what Frost said during one of his commentating with GC. Frost identified the very young and "skinny" LCW as a talent to be chosen for further training, it seemed with some objection from the top. It could be said that if not for Frost, LCW would be "just another player".

It was not always smooth sailing for LCW during his earlier exploits on the international scene. I remembered at one of the S'pore Opens he was knocked out early in the preliminaries.

From the many posts that I read in this BC forum, it would seem LCW never gave up. He continued to work very hard at training and finally made his mark not too long ago and remained consistent with his WR1 ranking. If the other MAS players want to achieve success, there is no short cut but to work hard. I also read that Lin Dan was a very hard-working player, often times remaining behind in training and perfecting his strokes when his team mates had left.

Malaysia has many badminton talents. Take Darien Liew for example. He has beaten some of the higest ranked players in the world, yet he remained complacent with his current position and not shown prospects of replacing LCW when the latter retires.

When BAM insisted on higher standards in training and greater achievement from the national squad, there was hue and cry and BAM was accused of setting unrealistic targets. BAM was crucified in this forum so many times for not doing a good job, but when they tried, they were similarly condemned. And here you have ZZ and co. trying to do better than BAM.

I'm an outsider not affliated in any way with BAM. But I don't see how MAS can succeed in the badminton world with so much disunity and confrontation that is currently taking place.

#272 Loh, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Let's see what Zulfadli can do in the Malaysia International Challenge. It is time for him to start challenging the senior players. Let's see if he can show that he can do just that. Hope he takes down a relatively known average player at least.

Hope that all the celebrations did not go to his head..

14. undeadshot

[TABLE="class: ruler"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #EBFAFF"]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"]Zulfadli Zulkiffli[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD]Riichi Takeshita [10][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]21-14 21-16[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]0:40[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

:eek::eek::eek:
    Some of this Takeshita Riichi's results
    Beat Hu Yun 21-8; 22-20 (NZ Open)
    Beat Hsu Jen Hao 21-12; 21-12 (NZ Open)
    Beat Muhammad Hafiz Hashim 21-13; 21-15 (NZ Open)
    Beat Wong Wing Ki 21-19; 21-19 (NZ Open)

Beat Liew Daren 21-18; 21-13 (Thailand Open)

#274 undeadshot, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

in this moment Zulfali Zulkifli should be compete in China SS with Lee Chong Wei in order to face more tough tasks and gain some experiences...

16. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i think not quite ready yet for the big time.... a little bit more smaller tournaments like this as a transition is good, remember playing with juniors and the big guys.. there is a huge difference ..maybe next year will be a good time to start thinking ss

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I don't think Zul qualifies to play in SS yet, since his ranking is so low. He has to get into top 100 1st, play some GP gold tourneys, then see how. I know zul has played in super series tourneys bf but now is OG qualifying, the slots all taken up.

18. undeadshot

I agree with you, even if he qualifies I don't think that he is ready to get sent to SS except his homeground, better to prepare him after the 2012 OG...

Besides, his world ranking is too low to even go in the reserves of China SSP...

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member