What are your other interests in life?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by R20190, Dec 12, 2013.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    They have prohibition in Taipei??? ;)

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  3. fauci

fauci Regular Member

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Now that's very similar to badminton...

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Good finger training!

6. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

I've never had a chance to "play" fencing,not to mention the horse riding and fencing on horses.Excited

by just thinking of it.The gear they use look kind of cool.

7. badmin-tan

badmin-tan Regular Member

I enjoy drawing too....wanted to be 能文能武. but most likely just a jack of all trades!

8. nahmed003472

nahmed003472 Regular Member

Fencing requires quick reactions like bdmntn especially the foil category. Lunge movement is also similar but sounds like another expensive sport

9. fauci

fauci Regular Member

You can get dehydrated very quickly while fencing with the thick protective gear. In a hot summer day, it can be dangerous.

10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

i would think it's the other way with photography that as soon as your son was born you would take pictures of him non-stop :) one of my passion is photography especially b/w and candids and a bit of landscape. did weddings for a few years and got really tired of bridezillas and so i stopped.

cycling is another passion of mine, but was heart broken after finding out what armstrong did. but i still ride both road and mountain :)

generally i love sports and i do play most sports except water sports like skating or any fantasy sport.

i was really into MotoGP when i had a honda cbr600rr but sold it after meeting my now fiance :(

used to play tennis in high school and still love to run around the court once in a while, but i started playing badminton a lot younger, picked up ping pong a lot later but still enjoy a few smashes here and there :)

11. beermonstertw

Lots of women don't know how to deal with their men.I mean,we are easy to please.You let them out playing a couple of hours a day,feed them good food,we're as loyal as a dog.................A dog?Anyway,whatever you will play just play nicely,safety first.I find knot making fun too.I like to stay inside and practice some when there's a storm outside.Sports is always a nice breaker at bars,with a beer and a piece of good music.....life can't get any better.

12. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    "Lots of women don't know how to deal with their men. I mean, we are easy to please. You let them out playing a couple of hours a day, feed them good food, we're as loyal as a dog."

Second that! We r still like cavemen of the past. Aftr bringing home the beacon, we just want our R&R in front of TV or out to play sports.

13. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    Hobbies?
    meh, I am a boring person. I have no other hobbies with as big interest as badminton for now

other hobbies:
    reading: I read everything that I can, I used flipboard as my main source of reading now. I read all of their categories. politics, news, business, home, food, gaming, music, science, design, style, travel, and film.

watch movies, reading comics: just way o relieve stress and procrastinating

travelling: inside the country of course. when I was in the UK, it is a very nice place to walk around. I went to london, edinburgh, York, etc. then in China I went to many places inside beijing (and planned to go to xi an next term). I usually go alone. I love the freedom to be alone and able to take as many pictures as I want. but travelling with friends are not bad too. in fact in china I did it mostly with my friends

photography: yes I am amateur. planned to buy a DLSR camera but it is still out of budget for me. plus it is kinda bothersome to bring a camera with me. so I used my phone's camera. I usually took photos of scenery. no selfie for sure. in fact my sister got mad and say, are you really going there? you are not even in the picture! (blame for me for loving to travel alone). and usually I took pictures that people think meaningless but it is meaningful for me. based on pictures I took, I can tell, step by step, my journey

past hobbies:
    chess: yes, till junior high school, this is my primary hobby. as far as I remember I rarely lost. at first, I played with my father, 4-5 hours per day. my father will bully me until I can win against him 9 out of 10.
    my teacher is in rank 6 in Indonesia (for woman)

I went to 3-4 tournaments before. even join the city wide tournament. my achievement is rank 1 in group match (3 VS 3) in inter elementary school tournament
    sadly in senior high school, there is no chess club in the school so I rarely find any partner to play anymore (plus, no one really wants to play against me..)

bowling: this is again, in the past, in fact it was this year until july. I stopped because no one played with me anymore
    I am not so good with it, only around 150 points per game. I played like once or twice per week. playing with my friends (they are also amateur) but we watched youtube and tried to do hook shot (very very hard. but at cost 0.50USD per game, we cannot complain on wasting our money to train)

model kit: gundam, lbx, and alike. but not too far, only for few months, I cannot bother to buy all of the equipments to paint the model kit..

#53 Avenger, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  14. beermonstertw

Making money.......
    maybe I should start making money,make it the most important thing in this world like everybody else does.

15. MjölnirSlinger

MjölnirSlinger Regular Member

1. Console gaming, Playstation 2 - last played in 2010
    2. BMX and skateboarding - ended in mid 2009
    3. Camping & hiking - last trip was to Mount Kinabalu, Sabah in early or mid 2009, iirc.
    4. A bit of wall-climbing - didn't go further due skateboarding injury (broke left thumb and collar bone)
    5. Bits & pieces of action figure collection, fighter aircraft and commercial airliner model

I manage to save badminton after marriage.. :eek:

16. moose1980

moose1980 Regular Member

mental health nurse
    Hiking with the dogs and swimming! Not that I get to do much of anything at the moment - struggling to balance study with full time work!

17. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    I have a few.

I love rock music. Give me some Led Zeppelin or Guns N' Roses. Love it. My 2nd passion in life is music. Music is getting me through China lol. (I also like Tenacious D :D)

Singing, I like to sing now and again.

Eating, I like to eat. perhaps not the best hobby :p

Working out/Running With Music.

Guitar Hero. I have a blast playing that game with my friends back home