BAM news

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

On the lighter side, anyone here play chess, as in English Chess, Chinese Chess or Military Chess.

It can occupy many hours of your time. Also it is very good training for engaging people in conflicts and psychology.

The older generation are very good chess players, maybe the younger ones play Dota or counter-strike

but chess does improve the intellect.It must be a lost art.

Many people use the art of chess in their everyday lives too.Try it, you will be amazed at the results.

2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Let me try to put things in perspective, I will try to say it once and once only (before I end up like Pemuda and get banned).
    Malaysia at the moment ia like a badminton match, Team A is playing team B.

Team A is the traditional team comprising many nazis , geriatrics etc.They are very old fashioned
    and a ruling and control most business and government and many other vested interests.Team A is very difficult to change and the source of many problems today, although they deny everything.Many of the powerful people in strategic positions are supporters of Team A.

Team B is the new challenger comprising younger,urban educated and more cosmopolitan poeople who want change and better governance etc etc.they are multiracial and multi religion and believe more in equality.

It is no different from any advanced country. Team A is trying to hold on and Team B is trying to dislodge them. Most of the people here are of the B variety.

If you are Team B or neutral it is better not to say anything or even think of anything along racial lines, if not then you are surely Team A. It does not take a genius to predict that Team A will always support their own team and policies and vice versa.

Now. like Pemuda, I have stuck out my neck, if you dont get the message , there's nothing more I can do, you have a problem.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Haiseh, it's already written, New Economic Policy - since the 1970s, just that now change name.
    As for the favouritism, it's pretty much the trend in all Malaysian sports & other aspects of life. The one will better results are not selected but the one with lesser results. One just need to go down to go down to the ground & observe, can see clearly.

Other aspects of life, more direct, many things are clearly stated "XXX only" mean non XXX cannot even apply.

#183 eaglehelang, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. keigo911

keigo911 Regular Member

Research Student
    They so-called that: Perlembagaan :)
    IMO, i guess some of the rules/regulation shall be review from time to time, as the some rules setup in 50-years ago are no longer practical now. Yet, from the current scene, MAS still living in the pass (the top management).

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I think just like our Bursa... 30% of slot should be allocated for "privilege group"... Dun care if they are good enough or not...

In Msia T0maz Cub 2010... 3 outta 10 members are from the "privilege group"... I belib BAM should write the rules out clearly so everyone can understand and know their position.

I used to represent the state in basketball and MABA set a rules to include at least 2 non-Chinese players in every team to promote the game among non-Chinese.

I as a player understand the situation thus, we Chinese work harder to cover up for the non-Chinese players !

6. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i think its high time the privilege group stands up by their own and stop being treated this way. they have improved their standing and if they are still left behind, the time for them to narrow the gap will not be that far as compared to the past, probably it will do them more good than harm, just my opinion!

7. keigo911

keigo911 Regular Member

Research Student
    i have no problem if the privilege group excel better than others... but the current situation is different.
    Due to country policies, the privilege group tends to be lazy, ignorant mainly because once they have achieved some result equivalent to the elite group, they will get selected.

Our management has always made the wrong choice by not choosing the best of the best. What i mean is even in the elite group there is a performance system. Whoever hits high on that is picked.

I have not much to comment about HH selection, but really doubt why fuzzy can be selected.... what i mean is the real reason behind the dark.

8. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i really dont know what privilege group means.. i worked hard for everything i got today. including degree, everyting... i resent being lumped as a group that is lazy and ignorant.. my grandparents worked hard more than 12 hours a day.. my parents worked several jobs to sent me to school, you dare call them lazy? .. please stop labelling a whole group people.as being whatever your stereotyped mines has set to. We are talking about badminton here if you want to talk about racism or government policies .. go somewhere else ok

9. keigo911

keigo911 Regular Member

Research Student
    Hey bro, calm down.... i do not means to insulting anyone else here... i am talking about badminton too, do you c i mentioning about they achieved some result equivalent to elite group? BAM has the elite group, whereby all the best players of the country are in. In fact, i am not referring to all the members inside the privilege group, just part of it, and who is related to badminton.
    Frankly said, every race throughout the world has good and bad guys, no1 should deny this. In MAS, so does the privilege and non-privilege group. So i'm not bringing in any political issue here. I also not questioning about out country setup so-called perlembagaan, whereby the country constitution was built-up during the formation of MAS.
    I just feel that somehow the BAM management still living in the past, whereby organization outside MAS is already heading towards merit system, whereby there is no-longer privilege, all treated as 1 family, same citizen, and whoever score higher get it. That's it...

pity me, suddenly kena bazuka boom... :crying::crying::crying:

10. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

cheers bro .. point taken... no hard feelings....no harm done..(i just felt the need to clarify the air)

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if u can avoid a punishment and still get send to tournament
    is that not a privilege?

if u are not in form,having injury,but u still used up all the resources(coach,fund,etc)
    is that not a privilege(not mentioning fuzzy)

12. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    if BAM made it clear like local Uni were certain percentages of places are allocated for The privileged, there will be no arguments... people will just live on with it and work things around it...

Instead of having unclear policies which also work the same way, its better to has a black & white thingy...

13. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    we learn and we correct ourselves - i think they should look into it!

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    We don't have enough information about this case to dismiss it as gross mismanagement. If BAM were to sack every player that has a poor spell they will end up with players like you and me. You want that?
    Maybe a change in coaches will bring some welcome improvements. Contrary to what you are implying, I feel that the "injured" player's inclusion was the decision of all the coaches and not from the BAM council.
    Also this is a misuse of the word privilege. A privilege is a specified special right. This is not. It is romour mongering.

This is nonsense. Universities have a quota system based on race based on an objective, i.e. to have more university graduates of one race.
    Badminton has a different objective: to win honours for the country. To do this they select the best combination team to achieve an objective. To say that the team is chosen with one race being given special privileges at the discretion of the boss or the council is insulting to the intelligence of any Malaysian. Although the internet is a free-for-all writing board or punching bag, depending on what you choose, may I remind you that a person's inner self and character is revealed by his writings expressed.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1st,
    i dont want to say much on ur concept
    the only thing i will want to inform u:none of the coaches have the final say in bam,except for the likes like misbun and rashid:rolleyes:

2nd,
    this is a nonsense as well
    if they are to win honours for the country
    THEY will not choose fairuz/zakry who are not even in top four of our men double department:rolleyes:
    if fairuz/zakry is the 2nd or 3rd pair in bam like 2 year ago,no one will question that:rolleyes:

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  17. keigo911

keigo911 Regular Member

Research Student
    erm, on paper some1 is on edge...
    will the outcome be the same as prediction (based on merit/performance/ability)?
    let us see tml...

limsy, i guess u and i know who will most probably be... hehe! :D

18. eaglehelang

Hiyaaa, we say many times already, they want accept or not up to them. Cannot show proof so direct mah........ ISA, Sedition Act, hehe.
    Officially your no 1 point include all coaches, BAM President make press statement that coach dont make final decision on player selection, but BAM Coaching & Training Committee (BAM Council) . NSC Director can even instruct coach to focus more on such & such a pair, he was quoted saying so in press statement.

Your pt no 2, in 2008 Fuzzy was only the reserve pair, uncles CTF/LWW, KKK/TBH were the main pairs, by merit. The youngsters too raw. Mak/Teo havent even won WJC yet then. This time around, it's not logic (by merit) at all they chose Fuzzy considering their poor form.

19. keigo911

keigo911 Regular Member

Research Student
    Hey eagle, watch out your words le... later u will kena bazuka again like me... hahaha! (just jking, no means to offend/insult pajrol. Bro, i'm fine :) Hehe! )

overall, selection of fuzzy pair to TC 2010 just not reasonable...as there are too many pair steps ahead them this time. Even simulation match also a prove, but still nid Rexy's help to "explain" to media, and convince MAS fans that they are capable... zzz

20. eaglehelang

You must know how to show the facts mah. Some people want proof, point no 1 are all press statements, newspaper got print one.:p

On no 2, there are many examples of what happened to other Msia MD pairs when they DONT show much result, read the relevant threads sure will know.

#200 eaglehelang, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010