Did Lin Dan gave away HK OPEN MS final?

Discussion in 'China Open (2) / Hong Kong Open / Vietnam Open 200' started by HiddenPower, Dec 5, 2008.

1. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

HK open final was alright... not as outrageous as usual

CJ tried hard and LD played fairly well, you might not see the MUST WIN LD but his performance was far from being a give away...

2. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, I watched the game myself. May be not a fluke between CJ and LHI, it was a very good game in a very high standard. But please be fair dinkum about CJ and LD in Semi, is a ..... ? if you have seen the game and don't agree with me in this, I don't think you are a badminton player.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    dunno which match ur talking about. dunno ....? means. I referenced to some other matches to make my point, i'm not here to analyze all of them in this thread. cj and ld in semi??? which semi?? create thread about it. This is 08 HKO thread.

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    This is a very fair statement.

The whole time I was watching the match... I could see that Lin Dan wasn't attacking as much as he usually would against "most" other opponents. Lin Dan's style in the HK open final was more of the Bao ChunLai's style... more rally, less "sudden" attack. However, it was not so much that Lin Dan didn't even try to win... he did try, but not close to 100% at all.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yup, when your MS hero isn't in the MS final, it can be boring to watch:rolleyes:

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u see, those LD experts out there believed if LD doesn't play 100% (or more), it is a fixed match.

funny how no one questions on XXF lost to wang chen. Had xxf played 100%, she would easily beat WC. I guess this WS final was fixed too.

#46 cooler, Dec 7, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Any conspiracy is possible but why blame the Chinese who seem to overcome obstacles and adcanced to Final playing against teamates? Heck, blame the rest of the power nations for not good enough to prevent this from happening makes more sense?

8. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Sorry I refer to Beijing OG 08.

9. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    One thing I forgot to mention earlier is the fact that Chen Jin did very well with his smash returns... most of the time, when he returned Lin Dan's smashes(very high percentage... I don't think Lin Dan had many smash winners that game) were very high quality cross court returns that Lin Dan could not follow up with a kill.

Chen Jin played very well, in terms of turning defense into offense, and I think that really made the difference in the match.

I believe Lin Dan did play alright... kinda like at the level when he lost to LCW in Japan open 07... using more less the Bao ChunLai's style of play(in fact, Bao was giving advice to Lin Dan in the Semi final of Japan open 07 against LCW). That sort of style where there are more sharp drops and clears doesn't seem to fit Lin Dan very well in my opinion.. but who am I to comment on Lin Dan's strategy? haha...

The match itself wasn't a give away, but Lin Dan just wasn't playing his usual style and the fact that Chen Jin played exceptionally well that day, too.:cool:

10. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

May be there is some mis-communication here... did I mention anything about the match being fixed by any chance???

All that I said was Lin Dan didn't play as good as he could... he was a bit slow on retrieving some of those attacking clears that Chen Jin did... unless the shuttle speed of Chen Jin's clears were so fast that even Lin Dan got caught off-guard, but I don't recall the last time, Lin Dan had to bent his back so much just to retrieve an attacking clear.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hehe, last post wasn't directed at u. Maybe i left out the ;) :D
    i was just adding onto your post:D

cj read ld's smashes pretty well, maybe ld kinda look like out of idea.

#51 cooler, Dec 7, 2008
  12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

Actually in my opinion... if XXF is really considering about retiring from China's national team, then she really SHOULD lose the match on purpose. China team wants to keep the potential winners, and if XXF continues to show that she is capable of winning and still performs better than the juniors, then it will be difficult for her to receive permission to leave the team.

However, if she loses a lot then she doesn't even need to ASK... and instead she will be ASKED to leave instead. haha... the only exception I have seen so far is in BAM of Malaysia, where they keep "losers" around longer than they should. LOL:p

13. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

If you go back and watch the match between Lin Dan and Chen Yu back in the World cup of 2006... even as a teammate, Chen Yu had no chance of predicting Lin Dan's smashes, or mostly anything Lin Dan did with an overhead stroke. That's how good Lin Dan should be.

However, recently Lin Dan's smashes had been read quite a few times by other players.. eg. LCW(at the recent China open08) read a couple of Lin Dan smashes at half court... literally you could see that LCW was not just guessing which side LD was going to smash... he knew it. It was never the case in the past... Lin Dan would be able to see clearly where his opponent is moving and smash accordingly... but the 3 months vacation seemed to have an impact of him, too.

#53 bananakid, Dec 7, 2008
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    suddenly...we saw two one the same side having a war???

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u wish............:p

#55 cooler, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think LCW still is guessing. Because there are times when he moved to the wrong side. Anyway, it depends on how you define guessing.

It's interesting to compare MSF with MDSF of KKK/TBH vs Fuzzy.

1. Both are very boring matches (I didn't even bother to download MSF, and regret my decision of downloading MDSF).

2. Both have unbearably boring and one-sided first two games, and somewhat boring 3rd games.

3. In both matches, the "upper" side looked not motivated/tired/absent-minded (KKK/TBH, in particular TBH, in MDSF, LD in MSF).

4. It's hard to find motivation for match-fixing for both matches.

My personal take is that LD vs CJ is not fixed. Just for some reason (too tired for example) LD played quite below par.

#56 ye333, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That was such a poor match and both MDs showed disinterest.It's like there's prior coach order to each win one game quickly and let the 3rd game decide the winner.Looks like MAS MD coach has caught on the LYB disease.Shame on MAS MD coach.

18. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    Ghahaha cooler, you are my new idol : D

Yup as always, cooler's on a streak again. nice and subtle, i wonder what your hinting to :D

QUOTED FOR TRUTH *COUGH* *WONG CHOONG HAN* *COUGH*