Swiss Open 2008: Day 3 (13 Mar)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by badMania, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My dear,

Are you saying it is normal for shuttlers to have 'no mood' when they are playing against their compatriots??? :eek:

You are merely 'speculating' that LD let CJ win. Do you have any proof on such match fixing??? ... Seriously :rolleyes:

Not criticizing here. You dont be confused, please. Just finding it amusing for some who is spinning the defeat of KKK/TBH as a throwaway & aimlessly speculating the LD vs CJ match, plus the 'no mood' factor when shuttlers play against their countrymen/women.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) Some even calculated the ranking pts, discussed in the other thread & by China fans as dropping out of top 4 means CJ cant go OG.

2) If it's other BCers(if it's about their fav players, whichever country), they will also get angry. I say in-direct also they get irritated, you say like that, they even more :mad:than me.
    I was pointing out the no mood factor has also been observed in other country players when they play one another. For 'spinning', they also spin about the other players, not exclusive, ;).
    Anyway, those so called "spining the defeat of KKK/TBH" are minority mah, you have many to accompany you in the critising side, either laughing in glee or ready with hammer (I didnt use the word bash like some would)

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

what!!!!
    i juz got up and knows that FHF/CY concedes a walkover to GZD/XZB??
    damn it!!!:mad:

4. george@chongwei

yup!! they realy really playing very badly yesterday...(if u watched the match) :rolleyes::mad::mad::eek:
    their style of play had changed completely...KKK is not always in front of the net to kill the shuttle..:rolleyes::(
    hey jessica, why u yesterday sleep so fast?
    i though u will be waiting for lee chong wei`s match:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    anyway, lee chong wei survive a scare yesterday and wins the match:):rolleyes:

5. george@chongwei

lin dan won the match quite easily yesterday..:mad::rolleyes::eek:
    dunno whats worng with this chen yu

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Nothing wrong with CY...just CY is so lousy...cant even win over a injured LD........or LD is so good...can win a match easily even with injury..:D:D:D

7. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Hmm..Sorry george for not staying up until LCW match finish because after KKK/TBH match,i feel very tired so i went to sleep..:p:p

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

1. Again, before you go on and on speculating, I again ask you to provide proof that LD threw his game away to accomodate CJ.

2. What majority and minority are you talking about here now?? You said KKK/TBH had a "no mood" factor playing against their countrymen. And I find this very unprofessional because if true, then KKK/TBH are wasting public funds. It is not cheap to send them overseas. And coupled with the throw away spin, I find it amusing.

Simple as that.

9. eaglehelang

1) this the others already discussed in the Chen Jin thread & AE reports by those at the stadium - their analysis is there, I didnt start it, read it yourself. The going on & on happens there.

2) Already discussed many times (X10) in the Prof Players section - either you didnt go thru/ you pretend not to know/you dont bother to make the connection.
    <sigh> I already said this very direct - ppl also say same thing when it's China vs China or Korea vs Korea players look like not really into it, that they 'let' their team mates win for OG pts - that one you dont comment, this one you want to zero in.
    Any same country playing, ppl will comment when it's not 100% exciting.
    So, all these other players also unprofessional if they look 'no mood'/ 'dont really want to be there'?

Furthre example , No mood if against other country :
    During Mo 2008, some also commented Lar/Jonas in Semis looked out of focus, I said they looked 'out of sorts'. Bf that they just beat no 1,2,3,5 seeds but dunno why, like 'no mood' in Semis. Some were wondering how on earth did Lar/Jonas managed to get into Semis.
    In the end, they lost to Luluk/Alvent - so, they also unprofessional ?- since they are playing for country, cannot be 'no mood', plus some more against different country, even worse.
    Lar/Jonas also looked out of sorts to me when they played Fuzzy in Copenhagen Masters.

#909 eaglehelang, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My dear,

Please stay on subject now. What others have discussed is their business. I am refering to your statement; "Since LD is fit this week, it's believed LD 'let' CJ win. And this not counting the walkovers & convenient retirements" I asking you to NOT SPECULATE, unless you have PROOF that LD actually 'LET' CJ win. There is no need to read what others wrote. My request is for you specifically to provide proof that LD actually threw that game away, based on your statement.

Hope it is now clear enough for you.

Ok now for your playing against own countrymen/women and no mood thingy, it is getting more comical now. To equate KKK/TBH lost to no mood and playing against fellow Malaysians reminds me of this old proverb ; A drowning man catches at a straw :p

11. eaglehelang

LD vs CJ no point for me to add, wasting energy for to put forth all the points all over again, since it's already extensively discussed in 2 different threads.

So? For 3rd time, we also comment about other country players similarly. It is not exclusive
    You never comment that when it's other countries players, what does that show?
    And whatever reason given for the lost, including that they didnt play well, it would be seen as excuse, which has happened many, many times. In other words, you all will complain anyway. And I did say in earlier posts it's no excuse for their performance.

Your point of view is still the majority view (already discussed) in real life - you dont have to debate or convince the remaining 15% to 20%. You often make it sound like you're the few who think so, in reality it's not so.
    Just go to the street anywhere, you'll find that 80% share your view- since there are those here who think we are the majority, and that we gang up on you, :rolleyes:.
    And yes, we're the ones being ridiculed all the time, from the sceptics & loyalist, it takes guts to be the minority, it's easy to be the majority.

And that's the end of it for Swiss Open..........

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You are right there is no point for you to add further about LD throwing his game to CJ because you got nothing but mere speculation.

Me never comment about shuttlers from other countries??? Again, you are speculating. :rolleyes:

Let me point out to you again, I am not complaining. I am instead finding it comical, bordering on nonsensical that there are people like you who attributed that KKK/TBh lost due to no mood when playing against their fellow countrymen or they threw that game away.

Nothing to do with this majority and minority thingy you are beating about here.

13. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Can I ask what exactly is wrong with speculation? After all it IS merely speculation... If we didn't speculate I don't think humans would have come very far as a race :).

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

But what if the speculation is pure utter nonsense? I mean to say that LD intentionally threw his game to allow CJ to win is irresponsible. CJ won that game because he played a better game. And I think credit should be given to the man.

I think humans could have make this world a better place if they speculate sensibly. :)

15. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Ahhh well fair enough then! Still I don't think it's total nonsense, there's plenty of reasons (sure they aren't "proof", but it's not like the speculation is based on absolutely nothing) people have come to that conclusion. I'm certainly not saying he DEFINITELY threw the game, but it does seem suspicious, that's all.

Oh and of course I give credit to Chen Jin! He played well to even make the final in the first place didn't he!

16. jack200603

jack200603 Regular Member

quarel....isn't the method

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Point taken. But I would like to think the AE is a title any full blooded shuttler would want in their trophy cabinet. Thus I find it amusing to hear that LD gave it away to CJ.

18. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah true... oh well we'll never know either way for sure heh.