Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Did you come Saturday? There were a number of new faces...no one stronger than C grade however L(

#1141 Robbo77, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  2. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Please NOT another Sunny Lim!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha!

3. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Gee Ash, after seeing what Vien has done to your trophy (the photos he didn't post to BC) - you probably better off letting him keep it :p

#1143 Robbo77, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  4. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler

OK .. to make Anthony happy here's the secret place I've kept Ashley's trophy :) .... at lease your trophy will smell nice now Ash ;)

Ash10.jpg

5. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Yonex Australian Open - Recap

Well the Badminton Grand Prix is all over for another year, credit to Badminton Australia for pulling off another successful Tournament .. people can read the official summery on the dedicated website http://www.australianbadmintonopen.com.au/

But here, I'll recap from my own personal experience of the tournament

Day 1 .. it was all about The S.LIM :)

Day 2 ... the tournament was moved from the main badminton hall, to the show courts .. crowds started to build up.

View attachment 95666

Day 3 ... a lapse in security allowed this dodgy, bare footed shabbily dressed character to sneak in ... He could have been a terrorist .. he looks like Timothy McVeigh .... We were all in grave danger .... Not Happy Mr President P.J. ... lift your game !!!!! .. this is an official first mark against your presidency :p

View attachment 95671

Day 4 ... the last of the Australian Team are knocked out .. The Veeran brother and sister mixed team lossing badly 21/9 21/15 to the Japanese pair of Ikeda and Shiota. Guess all the Aussy Aussy Oi Oi Oi chatting didnt help ... maybe better leadership at the top could help :rolleyes: Vien and Anthony ready and willing to take up head coaching duty for country ... we may even employ the help of Clif as a technical director considering how well he "helped" the Malaysian team :)

View attachment 95673

... still day 4 ... and some more pictures of dodgy characters security didnt pick up

View attachment 95668

View attachment 95675

.... still day 4 .. panoramic shot of stadium

View attachment 95667

Day 5 ... it was all about the bad line calls and irated players .. In this WS Semi two line judges (whom i wont name :p), made a few calls that China's Xin Liu(1) wasn't too happy with and she vigorously protested to the umpire whom refuse to overrule ... a yellow card was even given when a second Chinese coach walked onto the court to argue with the umpire (where was security :confused:) ... after winning the game Xin still fuming walked off with out shaking the umpires hand .. with booing from the crowd and a quiet talking to by her coach .. she had a change of heart and chase down the umpire whom was walking back to the officials area to shake her hands ... Yes it was bad sport for a player to react that way .. but honestly we all like to watch players lose the plot now and again :)

View attachment 95672

.. still day 5 .. As punishment for not evacuating the stadium fast enough after the last game had finish .. Loke Poh made us help setup for the final day ... sure ignore me for the whole day Loke Poh, then when you need my help you seem to be able to spot me out so easily :mad: ... oh and it was a complete accident that i got a shot of someone's cleavage in the right corner of this photo ... can anyone guess whom cleavage it is ;)

View attachment 95669

Day 6 ... After most of the top seeds were knocked out in the semi, it was going to be a final series of lesser known players .. but still we came to watch .. since the tickets were already payed for :) ... beside the men's single that went to 3 sets, all the other games were quick one sided 2 set matches. ... dispite that, the day wasnt a complete waste .. I manage to get a photo with two badminton celebrity ... I'll leave it to you to guess who they are :p

View attachment 95676

View attachment 95677

P.S. I hope Badminton Australia at lease considers some of the recommendations of improvement to the tournament made in the anonymous questionnaires :)

6. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    hey man none of your pics worked???

7. Tanvi Mor

Tanvi Mor Regular Member

Recruitment Consultant
    Hi,

Yes I did and played 2 games as I had to leave early. I met Leong and Ashley as well. need to know if I can come down this Fri or not.

Thanks!

8. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    The pics must have been censored out ... I'll try posting it again, lets see what happen :)

9. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Friday is a different badminton group .. no sure exactly how they do things ... they have their own thread on Badminton Central .. you should check there for info. They have some sort of booking system.

10. Tanvi Mor

Tanvi Mor Regular Member

Recruitment Consultant
    Oh I wrote Friday by mistake. I did come on Sat and would like to come on coming sat too.

11. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler

Yonex Australian Open - Recap - Reposted

Well the Badminton Grand Prix is all over for another year, credit to Badminton Victoria for pulling off another successful Tournament .. people can read the official summery on the dedicated website http://www.australianbadmintonopen.com.au/

But here, I'll recap from my own personal experience of the tournament

Day 1 .. it was all about The S.LIM :)

Day 2 ... the tournament was moved from the main badminton hall, to the show courts .. crowds started to build up.

Day2.1.jpg

Day 3 ... a lapse in security allowed this dodgy, bare footed shabbily dressed character to sneak in ... He could have been a terrorist !!! .. he does look like Timothy McVeigh .... We were all in grave danger !!! .... Not Happy Mr President P.J. ... lift your game !!!!! .. this is an official first red mark against your presidency :p

Day3.2.jpg

Day 4 ... the last of the Australian Team is knocked out .. The Veeran brother and sister mixed team lossing badly 21/9 21/15 to the Japanese pair of Ikeda and Shiota. Guess all the Aussy Aussy Oi Oi Oi chatting didnt help ... maybe better leadership at the top is needed :rolleyes: .. Vien and Anthony ready and willing to take up head coaching duty for country ... we may even employ the help of Cliff as a technical director considering how well he "helped" the Malaysian team :)

Day4.2.jpg

... still day 4 ... and another picture of a dodgy character security didnt pick up .. parent of young children be on the alert for this character .. whom was seen taking pictures of under age girls !!! .. and claiming they were 18 :eek: ... He is describe as old (between 35-60), male caucasian country bumpkin,hazel eyes, reseding grey hair, stocky build (overweight), midium height, has the mentality of a 15 year old, and could be armed and gay .... if seen please report to police :)

Day4.5.jpg

.... still day 4 .. panoramic shot of stadium

Day4.1.jpg

Day 5 ... it was all about the bad line calls and irated players .. In this WS Semi two line judges (whom i wont name :p), made a few calls that China's Xin Liu(1) wasn't too happy with and she vigorously protested to the umpire whom refuse to overrule ... a yellow card was even given when a second Chinese coach walked onto the court to argue with the umpire (where was security :confused:) ... after winning the game Xin still fuming walked off with out shaking the umpire's hand .. with booing from the crowd and a quiet talking to by her coach, she had a change of heart and chase down the umpire whom was walking back to the officials area to shake her hands ... Yes it was bad sport for a player to react that way .. but honestly we all like to watch players lose the plot now and again :)

Day5.1.jpg

.. still day 5 .. As punishment for not evacuating the stadium fast enough after the last game had finish .. Loke Poh made us help setup for the final day ... sure ignore me for the whole day Loke Poh, then when you need my help you seem to be able to spot me out so easily :mad: ... oh and it was a complete accident that i got a shot of someone's cleavage in the right corner of this photo ... can anyone guess whom cleavage it is ;)

Day5.2.jpg

Day 6 ... After most of the top seeds were knocked out in the semi, it was going to be a final series of lesser known players .. but still we came to watch .. since the tickets were already payed for :) ... beside the men's single that went to 3 sets, all the other games were quick one sided 2 set matches. ... dispite that, the day wasnt a complete waste .. I manage to get a photo with two badminton celebrity ... I'll leave it to you to guess who they are :p

Day6.1.jpg

Day6.2.jpg

P.S. I hope Badminton Victoria at lease considers some of the recommendations of improvement to the tournament made in the anonymous questionnaires :)

Attached Files:

12. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Hey vienb, can you ask your good friend, PJ, for all the videos of the AustGPG.

13. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I hope that was the trophy you gave to Andrew.

14. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    2011-04-11 12.42.55.jpg

Nope .. it was the trophy I gave you this morning .. when I stop into your work :D

15. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Below is the link to the Yonex Australian Open online questionnaire ... if you went to watch the event on any of the 6 days ... you should fill out this online form .. cause they can't improve if you dont tell them how :)

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=ILNENJ_f1ffe56f

P.S. ... "Get all line-judges eyes tested" ... can never be mention enought in the recommendated improvement section ;)

16. Tanvi Mor

Tanvi Mor Regular Member

Recruitment Consultant
    Hi Vein,

iam still awaiting the confirmation from Ash or Leong about joining he group. It would be great if you may let me know for this saturday.

17. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler

First of all VIEN is my name ... Vein is my personality :p

Shot an email to Ashley .. if you played last week did you see the ugly mug of the guy in the picture above? Thats fat Ashley, the Don of Titans.

If you didnt get the kiss of death from him last week, and if by Friday you dont wake up with a decapitated horse's head next to you in bed .. then I say it should be Ok for you to come back .......... heck Ashley's been trying to kick me out of Titans for years ... and I'm still going there once every few months :D

18. Tanvi Mor

Tanvi Mor Regular Member

Recruitment Consultant
    Though I do recognize Ashley but Thanks "VIEN" for such a descriptive response!!!

19. Tanvi Mor

Tanvi Mor Regular Member

Recruitment Consultant
    Though I do recognize Ashley but Thanks "VIEN" for such a descriptive response!!!

20. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Another great victory over the Open graders :0

Let it be noted in the badminton history books of all time, at the 22nd hour and 34th minute of the 13th day of April in 2011 year of our Lord, the great Anthony/Eric:cool: pairing df Simon/Nick:p - 15/12 wooohooo!! :0 (no return match) :D:D:D