BS LYD or METEOR X JJS or METEOR X LONDON??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ben94, Aug 20, 2012.

1. yerrorice

yerrorice Regular Member

2. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

nono, i mean like extra head heavy? victor version of T-head?

3. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

ben94 sounds exactly like me! I'm in the same predicament: to get the MX JJS or the BS LYD?:confused: I used to be a power player - jump smashing everything i could, but recently i've found myself rotating more and playing at the front alot more (especially driving), if not more than what i play at the back. I'm looking for a racket that i can still bring the smashes from the back, but fast enough for driving at the front.
    Could you care to impart any knowledge to someone in the same situation as you were? A comparison between the two rackets would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance:)

4. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

why not try MX70/80? fast enough and still quite explosive as well :D

5. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

I used to own a MX 80, the drives were amazing and defense was brilliant. :)But the only thing was that it was way too stiff and i could hardly play a full game because it would make my elbow ache and it also made long rallies uncomfortable. :( The MX 70 hasn't received brilliant reviews on BC so i am uncertain of buying it.

I loved the feeling of the MX80 and am led to believe the MX JJS is very similar just slightly head heavier and less stiff. The BS LYD is very good at the front. So now i am so confused what to get:confused:

6. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

If reviews are to be believed, the JJS is noticeably less stiff, though the balance should be similar. If you liked the MX80, I don't see a real reason to go to the LYD. Stick with the same series.

Of course, the best option is to try them out.

7. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

I had a similar situation as yours. MX80 plays great but it's stiffness gives me an injured elbow at one point of time. Picked up JJS as a replacement and it works well. Good power and aint too tiring for long hours play but personally i feel is slower compare to MX80. Now i'm playing with LYD that suits my play more, faster maneuver and light swings for killer drive. I'm not an all-time power smasher in a game, prefer the "hold" method :)

Is very much up to your own play preference and how the racket gives you the advantage to score. From time to time i'll go back to MX80 just to get that POW in smashes haha. Playing with LYD will definitely need time to adapt when coming from MX series.

#27 soulsync, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  8. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

i thought MX70 is just the less stiffer edition of MX80?

9. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Theoretically.
    But for the same reason that the lottery doesn't come out with the same numbers every week, it won't handle exactly the same as a less stiff 80.

10. kvyra

kvyra Regular Member

The BSLYD is fast all round, good at the net and drives but it really lacks smashing power. It's almost as if the power transfer is lost somewhere and doesn't translate to a power smash. For comparison, I have used an old school Apacs armorpower 800 rated at 4u and less head heavy than the BSLYD and have delivered roughly 30% better smashes with it. I have to say I am somewhat disappointed with my 2 BSLYDs, it felt good when I picked it up and first started playing with it, but as I play with it more and used more variety of shots(to date maybe 6 weeks worth of 2-3 sessions a week), I find the BSLYD very lacking in certain departments. Have tried a variety of strings with it too like bg66, vs850 and zymax 62, haven't found the winning combination just yet. :(

I just wonder how the MX-JJS will be hmmm.