Armortec 900 Technique

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by UchihaIyer, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    It was badly strung at 24lbs and is now sub 22 I reckon. Touch is great but after going on a smashfest with the ZS, it lacks power, bigtime. When I get a chance I'll restring it with probably Zymax 67 at 24lbs and I reckon it will be good.

You can get it at stringersworld.com where I get all my strings from.

2. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    tiger, so you're overall happy with the bg80? have you tried it with the bg85?

do you string your rackets yourelf?

3. Eric Soon

Eric Soon Regular Member

Sales Executive
    Bro, i find bg85 a little lack of repulsion when i test it out on AT900T. On the packing, it states 'Hard Feeling', and its really hard. And i guess you really need strong wrist to play with it. Just my opinion!

4. kristian

kristian Regular Member

U need To use your wrist when using bg 85 cause the typical string is for wristy player , tactical player or deceptive player.

But according Japan Yonex Catalog the best string for AT 900 T is Nanogy 98

5. Eric Soon

Eric Soon Regular Member

Sales Executive
    Hi Kristian, agree with you on bg85. I think i need some time to get used to nanogy98.
    Btw, thanx for your view n info.

6. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Hi all,

I am planning to add Yonex AT900T in my collection. Just a few questions here hope some one can share:

1) Anyone tried JP version, 3UG4 of this racket? In Beijing i can get JP AT900T imported directly from Japan at RMB1380 (Around AUD 220) without sipment cost yet. I think it is a super deal.

2) Anyone strung their AT900T at 29lbs? In Beijing, it seems all racket sellers advice buyers not to string Yonex rackets at high pound (not more trhan 26lbs :confused::confused::confused:) . But in the clubs i play, most Yonex are strung at 27lbs and above. Anyone with AT900T at 29lbs and have problem? (frame crack, broke, etc.)

Thanks.
    Cheers.

7. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

IMHO I would just get the JP version of the AT900s for the "Gummetal" thing. All others are "Elastic Ti", which looks mediocre. The deal you're being offered seems killer, I would advise you to take it.

It really depends on how strong your whole arm is and if you have the correct swing technique. IMHO the sellers don't advise such tensions because most players there use the thicker durable strings which will resist to break during clashes and possibly pull the frame apart (the collision impact force has to go somewhere). Perhaps you may find the NBG98 (0.66mm diameter) suitable for stringing up to high tensions while be strong enough to hold the cold dry weather and still be able to "safety break" during clashes.

8. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    I normally string all my rackets at 29lbs. Been quite used to this weight for 2 years plus now. Before this is use 26-27lbs. What i am curiouse is the sellers over here advice against high string pound to "protect" the racket.
    I am a native malaysian and in my country i never heard of comments like this. SO just curious to find out. Maybe got to do with warranty? (but if i do get a JP coded racket inside China, the warranty is a no brainer as well, as it will nto be covered)

Thanks anyway on the advice.
    Cheers.

9. Blitzzards

Well personally I kind of agree with the theory of stringing the racquets slightly lower. One thing is that if you clash it, your string breaks rather than your racquet so you won't lose that RM600+ worth of money (compared to RM30+ for the string). Secondly, if you ask for a higher tension, the stringers will have to be more careful in handling the racquet during stringing as a mistake may kill the racquet frame immediately.

I do know that in Malaysia and the South East Asian countries the stringers tend to do things slightly less organised (such as preferring the quicker one-piece stringing to the recommended two-piece) compared to other pro-stringers. It can be expected since they handle quite a lot of racquets each day and charge reasonable service prices, but we're not pros and can't afford replacing our broken racquets often.

10. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Hahaahaa i guess u r right. Thanks dude.
    Normally in doubles, i rather miss the shot than broke my rackets (due to clashing) hehehehe especially if ur partner is some "over enthusiastic" partner hehehehehe.
    :D

11. l_i_a_m

l_i_a_m Regular Member

agree, no matter how well you try to avoid clashing (especially when the birdie land in the middle), some "over enthusiastic" partner (killer) will even play your part (the birdie was in my line) and "bang" ! :crying:

12. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    What to do. We are social and the "over enthusiastic" are Rambo Pro mah. :D
    Can't be help anyway, part of the game, more so for us, social players.
    The same analogy applies on the Malaysian Road traffic as well.
    Ok Ok back to the topic AT900T .
    Shall i or Shall i not? thinking thinking .......

13. Blitzzards

Not all of them are Rambo Pros. I have played with some of them who would rush into every one of your shots which they think that they can catch (which they can't, at all) and end up hitting your well placed racquet. That's how my AT700LTD broke; the shuttle was driven to my left hand and somehow that partner of mine was still able to creep up his racquet from behind me and clash into my backhand.

What I tend to do now is just shout out loud when I see my partner hold up his (yep, normally the guys) getting ready to whack into my racquet as I position myself for an overhead. As for smashes down the middle line, there's really no point in retrieving it at all when you're playing with these people.

14. l_i_a_m

l_i_a_m Regular Member

at least you can still shout at them (assume that you can see them coming) :cool:

my racket was murdered from behind. :D

15. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Bro, that is the kinda group i am referring to. "Rambo Pro" is just a "sounds nice" title given to this bunch of enrgizer bunny who would chase down everyshot as though they are playing singles, in the process MURDERED his partners' weapons :cool:
    In my case, i am a leftie. So u can imagine my cold sweat everytime i partnered such rambo pro , who most of the time i got a rightie. :p

I rest my case :D :D :D

16. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    bro tckand, you can get JP At900T AUD220+ shipping cost?

how much is shipping cost?

where can you get this deal? do they have other deals?

17. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Thats why I wont be using any of my N9900 in doubles even though it is more suitable for that kind of game. It is Arc 10 for me in double just because the frame is more durable and it usually get away with just a small chip . I broke 3x N9000 x in mens double and all to the same partner. p.s. he prob would say that I broke 2 of his AT900 T . :p either way we still love playing together , and never got too confrontational about who fault it was during a clash

18. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    My God. Remind me not to play double in Manchester. :D :D :D
    just kidding... they are everywhere ....:p

19. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I tried the AT900T before. The racket has a very "ping" feel, doesnt feel solid. I feel, the AT900P is a much better racket if you are looking at the 900 range.:D

20. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Bro,
    If you look up at my post, it says "RMB1380, around AUD220, not yet include shipment cost..."
    It is available in Taobao. No worries, i know this guy personally. He has contact with Yonex Japan, thats why he can get genuine stuff from there.
    Upon confirming order, you need to wait 15-20 days before the JP racket arrive Beijing. And for your case, after 15-20 days ONLY it will be ship out of China. (Not sure though if they ship internationally. I can help you ask, if u SERIOUSLY interested.)

Here's the weblink. He has all the genuine JP rackets and bags, and stuff. My personal JP Yonex heaven. :)

http://shop36233606.taobao.com/shop...33606-51814708-SlCw5g==.htm?checkedRange=true

And NO, i dunno the shipment cost from beijing to Australia either.
    Hope this helps. PM me if u need further help.
    Cheers.