Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    They might facing another problem when the Korean comes in - communication breakdown.

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Then the new coach 'after' the korean will say. They have ear infections. lol. ;)

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Not much time left: Yoo-Yoo learn english fast and KKK-TBH to think fast or faster. TKH is one smart dude, KKK/TBH is under PCC and now he ropes in Yoo-Yoo, so if KKK/TBH are under both of them and if KKK/TBH screw up, send Yoo-Yoo back to KOR and PCC back to play with the ladies. And Rexy contract coming up by them, la-la bye-bye.

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    What about if KKK/TBH accidently win the gold medal under the Korean?

Will Yoo being promoted to replace TKH, and both PCC & TKH being sacked by BAM?

5. Lobeh

Lobeh Regular Member

Yeah, I hope so.
    Aiready PCC is covering himself by saying that he thinks KKK/TBH are mentally weak and can't think of strategies to beat their opponents.
    IE, I can't help that they are morons!!
    So, it's like 'It ain't my fault'

Malaysia has to seriously start looking at the upcoming players.

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    When TKH came back to BAM, we all knew that his ultimately goal is to be a head coach of MD..another thing is that Rashid said that Malaysia does not need any foreign coaches...of course he said not publicly...Rashid should see the mirror how good he is ( What he has achieved so far??..luckily he is Bumi Putera which guarantees that he wont get fired unless he resigns..sorry to say that).Hendrawan is getting better result on his back up now BAM has Korean dude...also BAM has few chinese coaches in BJJS...Rashid...Should Malaysia hire more foreign coaches????
    FYI,, many Malaysian states are asking Indonesia coaches for their clubs...

#346 huangkwokhau, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Now that PCC commented on that; Will KKK/TBH now be asking to change coach? :D:D:D

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Thursday November 3, 2011
    Boon Heong puts faith in unknown Korean coach
    By KNG ZHENG GUAN
    PETALING JAYA: Tan Boon Heong is putting his faith in a coach he knows nothing about to help put an end to the rot he and doubles parter Koo Tien Keat find themselves in.
    The BA of Malaysia have brought in Korean coach Yoo Yong-sung to inspire and resurrect the flagging fortunes of the national doubles pairs. Boon Keong appreciates that and is hopeful that Yong-sung will inculcate a measure of the renowned Korean mental fortitude in them.
    “I never got the chance to watch Yong-sung play, but he has qualities that we lack and we can definitely learn from him, especially in bolstering our mental strength,” said Boon Heong.
    “Communicating with him may be a problem right now but I believe that where there’s a will, there’s a way.
    “It was his first day yesterday and we had a discussion with him and the other coaches regarding our problem. I will discuss the matter further with Kien Keat to come up with a new game plan to improve our play,” added Boon Heong, whose once world-beating partnership with Kien Keat has floundered in recent months.
    The 24-year-old Boon Heong readily concedes that their game needs fixing and that he was grateful to all parties for trying to help them sort things out.
    The world No. 5 pair of Boon Heong-Kien Keat are currently going through one of the worst spells of their careers, their last title being the Malaysian Open last January.
    They crashed out in early rounds at the Denmark and French Opens last month and face the prospect of being unseeded in next year’s London Olympics.
    “The blame lies solely with us. We are experiencing some problems with our teamwork and our confidence is quite low,” said Boon Heong.
    “In Denmark and France, we had zero combination and got frustrated as our game simply didn’t work.
    “It made us play more cautiously and, being low on confidence, our opponents took full advantage of it.”
    National doubles head coach Tan Kim Her has backed his top pair to bounce back and prove their critics wrong.
    “They have the right attitude and have been training extra hard lately,” said Kim Her.
    “But we can’t expect results straightaway.
    “We need to give Pang (Cheh Chang) and Yong-sung more time to work with them. It is more important that they peak during the Olympics,” said Kim Her.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/11/3/sports/9827567.asp&sec=sports

9. eaglehelang

Nah, you know, I know, that wouldnt happen, cos they asked to change to Pang in the 1st place.:p:D
    Ah Koo & Ah Tan should be laying low for some time ;)

10. eaglehelang

[HR][/HR] [h=2]Badminton: Yong Sung to help Koo-Tan win gold[/h] K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nst.com.my
    2011/11/03

NEWLY appointed men's doubles coach Yoo Yong Sung is not here to just revive Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong's careers but mainly to help them win gold in next year's Olympics.
    Yong Sung, a two-time Olympic silver medallist with Lee Dong Soo, said he will not be thinking of anything else but to see Kien Keat-Boon Heong overcome the obstacles and secure Malaysia's first men's doubles gold in London.

Pang Cheh Cheng will be the pair's main coach while Yong Sung will be the assistant but the Korean's role will be important as he will add speed and power into the struggling pair's game.

Yong Sung feels that Kien Keat-Boon Heong's teamwork and lack of concentration are the areas that need to be addressed quickly.

"My objective is to help Kien Keat-Boon Heong win the Olympic gold medal in London and I think nine months are enough to achieve the target.

"My role is to add the Korean way of training and teach them the tactics to beat the top pairs," said Yong Sung through an interpreter yesterday.

"I don't want to think about anything and I already have some plans for them.

"The first step is to improve their combination on court. They are too individualistic on court and they must start communicating better and play as a unit.

"Lack of concentration is another area they must overcome and some of our (Korean) methods can be tapped into by Kien Keat-Boon Heong.

"I relied on speed and power as a player and this is one of the main areas where I can contribute.

"I have to watch Kien Keat-Boon Heong's performances on videos because I haven't seen their performances much and once I have done my analysis, it will be easier to guide them."

Yong Sung said he has some useful tips to counter South Korean pairs Jung Jae Sung-Lee Yong Dae and Ko Sung Hyun-Yoo Yeon Seong as well as Cho Gun Woo-Kwon Yi Goo, the latest to beat Kien Keat-Boon Heong, due to his experience as a juniors' coach in his country for three years.

"I used to coach Yong Dae when he was in the junior team and I know his strengths and weaknesses.

"I have some tips to offer Kien Keat-Boon Heong when they play Korean pairs. My job is not just to help them beat the Koreans but also China's pairs who are doing very well.

"They should be beating the Koreans and China pairs within two to three months."

Although Yong Sung hasn't been part of the South Korea junior team since 2008, he has been the senior coach of the Suwon City team, who also included several national players, before accepting the BA of Malaysia's offer.

Boon Heong admitted that their main problem is not about training but their combination on court which needs to be rectified and he is hopeful that Yong Sung may have the answer.

"The drop in our performance is not because of training but our problems on court. Our combination is not as good as before and this has affected our confidence," said Boon Heong.

"I have heard about Yong Sung and when we start training with him tomorrow (today), I hope to learn new things from him and, hopefully, he will help us improve."

National doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her said Cheh Cheng and Yong Sung alone cannot bring about positive changes if Kien Keat-Boon Heong don't respond to their training.

"Kien Keat-Boon Heong are world class and they must know what they want. The coaches alone cannot revive the players' careers, the response should come from Kien Keat-Boon Heong as well," said Kim Her.

"So far, they have been performing well in training but are unable to produce similar performances in tournaments."

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/Badminton_YongSungtohelpKoo-Tanwingold/Article/art_print

11. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    We shall wait and see how good is the Korean in helping KKK/TBH.btw, what PCC and RR role in restructuring our DIAMOND pair, since the Korean is put incharge of it?Gaji buta?

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Rashid Sidek takes Hendrawan's players who have shown improvement like Liew Daren... and take credit..

13. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i dont have any love for rashid as a coach...i agree with everything you said except for the 'bumi' thing .....you need substantiate that.. you have proof? thats a whole can of worms that you just dont want to open. it might be open secret or not... but its not kosher here in a sports form.... just my 2 cents worth

14. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I don't think the Korean way of training is suitable for them on a short term basis. It needs to be modified otherwise these two will be fried comes Olympic 2012 :D. Thus, I don't think there is any significant results in the next 2-3 months as said by yong sung :eek:

#354 pBmMalaysia, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  15. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    The Korean will get his punishment by giving promise like that.;)

16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Actually its more of Rashid's past as a player that lets him stay on like forever...

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It will depend on how fast KKK/TBH can get rid of their bad habits (playing their defensive games).

We can see what top MD players do - Go for the attack and force defending errors from opponents.

KKK/TBH have been thinking otherwise - Our defensive play is good, we'll cause our opponents' attack to fail.

I could be wrong, but this is what I believe. :):):)

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    You are given an olympic champion to train you and now you opt for a silver medalist.... what a smart brain... ;)

You get karma. ;)

On rashid. Am not a fan of him, Unless someone gets a better result than him in mo or og can say so. Who else is better locally than lcw??? ;)

As for other malaysian coaches, I can only see csk and ykh is better interms of results. TKH and PCC got what credential?? ;)

19. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Chris, 2-3 months to get rid of the bad habits plus Korean style of training to turn them into speed and power player? I don't know if anyone agrees with me, these 2 will be deep fried first then locked in an oven to be baked :D :D

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Yoo-Yoo did not tell you his secret training method...it is Korean ginseng (not the KL Petaling Street pasar malam stuff) can make KKK/TBH into king kong, there you get speed and power in 2-3 months time:D:p