Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    anyone to bet that their are not even attend 30% of the training?
    can the tycoon wake up at 5am and reach hall at 6am?
    dont be silly,hehe,they need to earn big fat money-with easy way

talk is free,not cheap
    haha
    i will start a thread soon for the idea.
    give me sometime

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    If anyone is seriously interested to find out how BAM officials are elected and how they disbursed all those funds from total receipts, why not write to the Sports Commisioner of Malaysia to find out the details?
    BAM is under a legal obligation to have written laws and rules on how all officials are selected/appointed. BAM is also required to prepare and submit audited accounts annually.
    Maybe, you will find the "smoking gun" of all the wrong doings and all those obscene monies going to officials? Besides, you might find books being "cooked"?

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    this post shows u are seriously known nothing about malaysia political culture
    please do read and made some studies before throwing out all your fixation thoughts
    but due to bc restriction,i cant respond any further
    it might just get deleted and i will get a warning,haha!

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    This is not the way to cop-out by hiding behind unsubstantiated insinuation.
    What is so dangerous in finding out such details?
    What if I were to get those info for you? Wuld you reimburse me for all the search fees and expenses?

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

No no, talk not free, if ask people give talk, need pay money one :p
    Sometimes when some of my colleagues complain, "when you sit in my position then you know how it hard it is", I would retort "No prob, you vacant the position, give me your salary, I do your job."(and I actually can ).

Something like a certain issue in Malaysia, one side is saying "Give us the same resources & authority, we show you how it's done like what we have done in XXX and YYY".;);)

Misbun has good ideas, dunno who among BCers has good persuasive skills to persuade him to come back, if BCers take over to make BAM go right direction:D

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha
    that's true
    i doubt misbun will back bam if he still saw those cronies inside,include his won brother

7. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

This post is so good that I've to give 2 thumbs up!

8. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
  9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    after 5 days,where is the not dangerous and very easy to dig up thingy from our mister tan?

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I think he needs to be reimbursed for the troubles

and if its going to do any good here or anywhere,

I don't mind to chip it a little :D

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    can anyone imagine we will not become the overal winner in the next badminton medal tally table of commonwealth games?
    hehe
    please be mentally prepared

12. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    MS - india
    WS -india
    MX - india, msia, england ???
    MD - Msia
    WD - India / misa >>>>>>>>>>

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Don't be surprised that Singapore could be included as well.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    CWG? Here's the true picture for the next CWG.

MS- Canada
    WS- India->Canada
    MD- Canada->MAS->UK
    WD- Canada->India/MAS/SGP
    XD- Canada->India/MAS

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

interesting!
    how do you know that nobody will turn up except the Canadians?

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Oh the others will be there! We love a supporting cast! :D

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    then u guys what nadzmi,ng chin cai,rashid sidek,pang will say?hehe

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I dunno; I guess there's not much money to be made from the CWG...

Besides, if the TC is "not important" according to NCC, where do you think the CWG will rank? :p

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i am still waiting mister tan dig up info

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star :

For your reading pleasure :

Joo Vern and Darren walk out of BJSS to pursue badminton career
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: The Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) should be the platform for youngsters to fulfil their sporting ambitions but for two promising shuttlers – Soong Joo Vern (pic) and Darren Issac Devadass – it was not the case.

Instead, the two walked out of BJSS, just months before their Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) exams, because they want to pursue their badminton careers.

The school wanted the two boys to compete in the Asean Schools Championships from June 28-July 6 in Indonesia instead of the more important Asian Junior Championships from June 30-July 7 in South Korea.

As the tournament dates clash, the boys asked the school, through the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), permission to play in the Asian Junior meet. But BJSS, which come under the jurisdiction of the Education Ministry’s sports department, told the duo that they must play in the Asean meet.

The Asian Junior meet is a more competitive event and is, without doubt, a greater platform for the boys to strut their stuff as the top juniors from China, South Korea, Indonesia are taking part.

Last year, Zulfadli Zulkifli became Malaysia’s first Asian Junior champion and top junior singles shuttler Joo Ven has shown his potential in following in Zulfadli’s footsteps going by his recent win in several international tournaments, including the Thailand International.

Bluntly put, the ongoing scenario is like asking world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei to compete in the Penang Open instead of the Olympic Games.

The selection of the team for the Asean Schools is conducted by the Ministry of Education’s sport department while the team for the Asian Junior meet is done by BAM. Last year, when both the junior events had clashed, the Ministry and BAM came to a compromise. The best two players in every event from the school had competed in the Asian meet while the others went for the Asean Schools but this time, the school had demanded for the country’s best junior players.

Yesterday, both Joo Vern and Darren’s parents – Soong Nyen Yew and A. Victoria – said that they were left with no choice but to take their children out of the school so that they could compete in the Asian Junior meet.

Nyen Yew said that even the BAM could not help because it did not fall under their jurisdiction.

“As a parent, I was left with no choice but to choose between the school or the country. Of course, I chose the country. My son’s ambition is to represent Malaysia in major events and win honours for the country and naturally, he was looking forward to competing in the Asian Junior meet – which is the biggest event for a junior player,” said Nyen Yew, who is also the committee member of the BJSS Teacher-Parent body.

“How can we send the best players to the Asean Schools and the second stringers to the Asian Junior? I met up with BJSS principal Datuk Marina (Chin) and even wrote an official letter. She told me to forward it to the Ministry’s sports department director Ee Hong but there was no response. My son was still asked to play in the Asean Schools meet. If he does not play the Asean meet, he cannot play in the Asian Juniors.

“This is not acceptable. So, I had to take him out of the school last week so that he can represent Malaysia at the Asian Junior.

“Now, Joo Vern is home-tutor bound and I send him for tuition. This change is not easy especially just months before the SPM. It has changed my life too. In BJSS, he was provided with everything, now I have to make sure that he gets the proper nutrition too. For now, I have no other options,” said Nyen Yew.

Victoria, Darren’s mother also echoed the same sentiment.

“I was left with no choice but to remove Darren from the school. I had a heart to heart talk with Marina but nothing has come out of it. Now, I am in a dilemma as far as Isaac’s studies is concerned. I have to look for other options. But as far as his badminton career is concerned, this is the best decision for us,” she added.