Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Still got this nagging feeling he's going to retire earlier than we would like. :(

IMO, he's finding it difficult to have enough reasons to keep the motivation going. The other INA MS players are not helping either, with their insipid performances.

One more thing: I am waiting for Taufik to come out and speak his mind on the coaching setup at PBSI.

2. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Yah, sadly TH lost straight set again..:(
    Hopefully that he will be back at 2011 Yonex Canada Open..
    Good luck to Taufik Hidayat :)

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2011 US Open Grand Prix Gold: Marc Zwiebler [6] defeated Taufik Hidayat [1] at QF

So... At the Qurater-Finals of the 2011 US Open Grand Prix Gold,

Marc Zwiebler [6] defeated Taufik Hidayat [1] 21-16, 21-15 in 43 mins.

It's congratulations to MZ.

I am sure that TH will come back stronger again in his next tournament.

4. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

Ya ya, I mean that tournament :):)

5. policecop

policecop Regular Member

Beaten by Zweibler twice in the last two weeks. I personally think most players inside the top 10 would now beat him, is he still Indonesia's best player?

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. TH is not the same TH of a few years back. he still have the skills and experience but seems to be lacking in fitness and motivation.

but unfortunately, at the moment he is still the best player that Indonesia has to offer. there are some players below him but none of them are at the same level as TH.

7. GUENNIIIII

GUENNIIIII Regular Member

Industrial Manager
    sometimes everybody has a bad time maybe this is a bad year of taufik. but he is 30 and still can come back!

8. narsisquint

narsisquint New Member

administration
    hay all...... im new memeber,,, from indonesia.......
    i like aa very much........he is my love,,,,,,,,
    aa have taufik hidayat arena,,,,,, anybody wants to go there???:)
    add my fb Aini C'narsis Quint

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Welcoming narsisquint to BadmintonCentral !!!

Hi narsisquint,

Welcome to BadmintonCentral !!! :):):)

Not much news have been received from Taufik Hidayat's Badminton School. :eek::eek::eek:

Has any BCer attended the coaching there?

Click on this thread;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...l-in-Jakarta?p=1627138&viewfull=1#post1627138

10. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

with all respect maybe he can't at all. he's now waiting patiently for his successor to rise and replace his position as the current old king.. like peter gade found victor axelsen

this last 4 years is just too tough for him to comeback to the top.. agreed with what kwun said.. this lacking of fitness and motivation seems to be uncurable. everyone has their golden era and declining era. though, it's regrettable that taufik's declining era is much faster coming at age of around 26. If he has the mental capability like Gade to fight aging and still give it all he got, it would be a different story

11. miksss

miksss Regular Member

12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Please do tell us more about taufik's arena :)Like what are the programs available, etc.. or just anything ..

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    And the Google translate to English is.....

Jakarta - Taufik Hidayat shows his concern for the development of badminton in Indonesia. In order to popularize this sport coat paralyzed, he fix a number of badminton in Jakarta.

Improvement activities a number of badminton hall is part of a program titled "Love Me and THA Badminton 2011: neighborhood, Lapanganku" created by Taufik Hidayat Taufik and team Arena (THA). This activity will be done regularly for five months from July to December 2011.

As a first step, as many as 30 fields spread over 10 districts in East Jakarta to be addressed. Improvements include filling and painting, the addition of lighting equipment, and provision of assistance badminton equipment.

"The program aims to return the affection of sport in general. Come, come, we are living healthy by exercising through badminton in particular," Taufik said during a visit to one of the courses that addressed the Permai Complex Pondok Bambu, East Jakarta, Saturday (30 / 7 / 2011).

"We want to help people here, especially young people, to be more like badminton. This initial program Taufik Hidayat Arena to help the community to know more about badminton. From the first badminton close to the community and are proud Indonesia badminton achievement," said Taufik.

"Looking ahead, I also want to see how this develops. God willing, I will help promote badminton as my goal," added the world number four.

"I hope not to stay here and hopefully from here will be born badminton new seeds. I hope the children and younger siblings more fun badminton and if there might be a menyeriusi badminton and so on future national athletes," he said.

Settling this field is a program supporting the development of Taufik Hidayat Arena (THA) in the region Ciracas, East Jakarta. THA is a Badminton Sports Center which will be launched early next year.

14. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Haha sounds funny the translation...

At least we know taufik is trying to find new seeds .... :)

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Taufik funds repairs for 30 courts
    The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Sun, 07/31/2011 7:00 AM

Full report: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/07/31/taufik-funds-repairs-30-courts.html

Excerpt:

JAKARTA: Indonesian badminton veteran Taufik Hidayat is attempting to revive the popularity of the sport by funding the renovation of 30 courts in East Jakarta.

...“I hope this will reignite Indonesians’ love for badminton. People were very enthusiastic about the sport years ago,” the 31-year-old former World and Olympic champion said on the sidelines of a renovation ceremony at the Pondok Bambu Permai residential estate in East Jakarta on Saturday.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Veterans Taufik and Peter-Gade eye different objectives in final world meet

Full story: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/8/8/sports/9256636&sec=sports

Excerpts:

While Christensen is going great guns, Taufik is hoping to re-ignite his form, which has dipped of late.

“My ultimate goal is next year’s Olympic Games. I am here at the world meet to find my touch again. My game is going downhill and I need to regain my momentum,” said Taufik.

“It will be nice to pick up the pace in Wembley. This is my last world meet. It is the right time for me and I will say ‘no thank you’ even if I get the chance (to play in the world meet) again.”

Taufik said that he was prolonging his badminton career for one reason – to create a history of sorts in the Olympic Games.

“It will be a rare feat if I make it to the Olympic Games next year. It will be my fourth outing (after 2000 Sydney, 2004 Athens and 2008 Beijing). Not many have that record,” said the 2004 Olympic champion.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

It looks like TH and PG are the 2 going to fight out to become the player longest to participate in Olympics Badminton events. :D:D:D

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Come down hard on players manipulating the system

Come down hard on players manipulating the system, says Taufik

Full report: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/8/9/sports/9264696&sec=sports

Excerpts:

A three-member panel of inquiry led by BWF’s deputy president Paisan Rangsikitpho will submit their findings to the board on how to curb walkovers and whether match fixing existed in the badminton.

Taufik said that it was time for BWF to come down hard on those manipulating the system.

“If a player gives a walkover because of injury in one tournament, they should not be allowed to compete in the next immediate tournament. Constant walkovers do not augur well for the sport.”

“It is the BWF’s job to make sure that they are genuinely injured,” he said.

Taufik also raised his concern over lack of successors in several countries – especially in the men’s and women’s singles events.

“Can you imagine the world of badminton without Lee Chong Wei (Mas), Peter-Gade Christensen (Den), Lin Dan (Chn) and me? We need new stars to come through,” he said.

“China have five women singles players in the top 10 bracket. I hope more players from other countries will move up the ladder.”

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Hidayat suffers birthday blues at worlds

Radio Netherlands Worldwide
    Published on 10 August 2011 - 8:34pm

Full story: http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/hidayat-suffers-birthday-blues-worlds

Excerpts:

Former Olympic and world champion Taufik Hidayat suffered an oddly passive second round defeat here on Wednesday in what may well be the last world championship of a great career.

The fourth-seeded Indonesian also spoiled his 30th birthday celebrations with an indifferent performance which culminated in a 21-17, 21-14 loss to Wong Zi Liang, a Singaporean ranked only 49 in the world.

Hidayat, as so often, tried to play large portions of the match in the forecourt and at the net, but his lifting to the back was predictable, and he looked leaden-footed and uninspired.

Asked what caused the loss and the performance, he kept repeating: "I don't know why, I don't know why," holding the side of his head with a smile.

Although he reduced a six-point first game deficit to two, and a four-point second game deficit to one, Hidayat never really looked like turning the match around against a younger, keener and more aggressive opponent.

"I prepared well and this was the best win of my career," said Wong, who now plays Hans-Kristian Vittinghaus, an unseeded Dane.

20. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Obviously TH is past his prime and I feel sorry for him to lose so soon after his 30th birthday to DWZL of Singapore who is ranked 49th in the world.
    He still has the skills but the fitness is suspect and perhaps he needs to take more health supplements.