Victor Thruster K6000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shinichi, Jun 11, 2013.

1. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Now I am tempted after reading Paul's review... I am a fan of MXJJS and now he said he found a better??? Dang, I must try this out myself...

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Please remember Mark is not sponsored by Victor but has been one of my super-testing pals when I manage to get a decent number of rackets together. Then we have a really good time discussing the merits or not of each racket. There are plenty we have given low scores to and only a few we have ever raved over.

In my case I'll say it as it is and if I don't like a racket then it will be in my review. Whilst with Yonex there were good and bad and I expect this will be the case with Victor too. At the moment I've been presented with excellent rackets, not to everyone's taste but that's fine. It's been hard testing these rackets and enjoying them so much, even when they're not my personal spec because I always have that voice telling me I'm going to be accused of bias towards my sponsor. However, I have to put that to one side and write what I feel about a racket good or bad. If I'm not honest, I may as well not bother.

I really thought BS LHI was my next racket until MX JJS came along. For me, I didn't expect any racket to top that...and then came TK6000.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

3. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    OMG... I think I've just pulled the trigger on a TK6000!!! :eek:

4. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=11783]Mark A[/MENTION]

I think the word you're looking for is "economical" . :)

Have you considered using a heavier overgrip or adding lead to the handle? It would help a bit imho to mitigate the specs to your liking.

5. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Paul, how would you think a 3U TK6000 will perform?

6. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Somebody know when the TK6000 will be available in Belgium?

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

He mentions this in his review:

I think it's a bit of a mis-leading statement? I read it as basically: "the 3U version doesn't exist and it would be inferior if it did". But I think the 3U version does exist?:
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_26_179&products_id=1835

Mark A, perhaps a 3U version would give you that extra "beef" in your smashes. For me, I'm really not convinced that a 3U or 4U makes much difference. I have gained direct personal evidence of this, as I have both the 3U and 4U Voltric Z-Force. While I can definitely tell which racket is the 3U and 4U by swinging the racket etc, it doesn't translate into a significant difference in real-world gameplay. And ultimately that's all that matters. Of course, it's all so subjective, so it's always going to be difficult to scientifically test.

8. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

By the way, I can't help but feel that Victor have made a marketing error (in my personal perspective) hehe. It feels like they have released a lot of decent rackets in a quick space of time. I was considering getting a MX-JJS, but then I thought I'd hold out for the MX90 and observe reviews etc. Now TK6000 comes along too! Alas, I have decided not to buy any more rackets for a while hehe. Still thoroughly enjoying time with the 3U MX80 and 3U/4U Voltric Z-Force, and have won a couple of tournaments recently with them (mostly using 3U Z-Force)!

9. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I agree Victor messed up. I was looking at MXJJS for awhile but then I was like there's also the MX90 coming out and then I saw TK6000. I was looking for a racket less stiff than MX80 and all of them fit the bill. If I only knew about one and not the others, whichever one I saw first would have been my selection.

Also, if you can win tourneys with VTZF 3U then I don't think you'll benefit too much from a TK6000, at least you won't have the same amount of power I don't think, especially since the shaft is only mid-stiff. I have the VTZF 4U and I can definitely generate more power with it. Even my Arc11 can get more power than TK6000.

Honestly considering another Arc11 atm, such a beautiful and consistent racket.

10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    For me there's a huge difference between 3U and 4U. Anything over 93g finished weight, and things start to get sluggish for me, and my aging shoulder starts to tell me I'm being a bit silly fairly prematurely.

This is exacterbated with rackets start to get very stiff and/or head heavy. F=MA, afterall :)

I'm a product designer and have spent the best part of 20 years designing and testing stuff, so I consider myself very sensitive to whats going on when I use things.

11. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Lukasy TK6000 should be available in Belgium now.

Maklike I agree with you. If I compare TK6000 to 8000 (3U version), I simply cannot imagine the 6000 performing as well as it has if it was heavier. TK8000, good as it is, if it was heavier then it would be slower and certainly not display the speed characteristics I witnessed from 4U. Also, for me there's a point where too much weight in the head requires a stiffer shaft or the head will lag behind where you want it to be.

I'd love to test a 4U Z Force but we don't have them in UK. Whilst I liked Z Force, it was simply too heavy in the head and not fast enough mid/forecourt.

One of the great things about this game is that we all have different likes/dislikes in a racket. In my opinion, and having tested hundreds of rackets, i feel TK6000 is outstanding and more powerful than an Arcsaber 11 to quote from above. But, it's fine that somebody thinks different.

Paul

12. Smashface

Smashface Regular Member

Something not-related to badminton
    Nice review Paul, not just a glowing review, a blinding one! Decided to pick one up. Hope it fits my play style!

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Anyway, I'd like to see more reviews from various amateurs on this forum for this racket. Will be fun.

With regard to Paul's review on this racket, it certainly has to be one of his most glowing ones. Probably only second to his review on the 3U VT80:
    http://badminton-coach.co.uk/1936/yonex-voltric-80-badminton-racquet-review/

I'm also going to be interested in seeing whether any pros use the TK6000. So far, I don't think so? It seems like 90% of all top 100 Victor sponsored players use the BS12.

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

This is subtle point - some people get it backwards and think every racket we review gets a high rating, but the exact reverse is the case: the fact that we've even bothered reviewing a particular racket means we think it deserves attention (good or bad). It just so happens that Victor haven't yet made anything we've found particularly attrocious.

Also, an honest tester/sponsored player is surely more useful than some yes-man - all a yes-man will ensure is that the company just keeps doing whatever it'll do with or without him. If I don't given honest feedback about Pandas, for example, I'm not doing my job.

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Yes - try it! All the reviews in the world mean nothing once you have it in your hand.

Even reading Paul's 5+* review wouldn't have tempted me into buying one of these without trying it, and I know his tastes and style just about as well as anybody:).

17. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Thanks for the words of support. I would love to review both 3U and 4U versions of rackets together for comparison but that's not what we receive in Europe - we only every get one version of any racket and one grip size. You are spoilt for choice in Asia and many other countries.

As Mark says, writing an honest opinion is important if we are to be taken seriously. Putting our preferences to one side, both our reviews are based on whether a racket performs as it should. Occasionally our opinons differ but not by much, and yet our personal preferences are extremely different.

We always say a player should make choices based on testing and we both appreciate the fortunate position we are in to be able to test so many rackets. We have tested many that I have not written reviews about, they were that poor.

With Victor in UK, I have set up a testing program which is slowly expanding across the country. Victor UK website has a page where players can email to arrange a demo session. At the moment we have only 5 demonstrators on the page but this will soon be expanded to 7. We now cover Scotland and are moving south.

Thats no comfort to players outside UK, but all I can offer is my review or Mark's reviews to help you understand the pros and cons of a specific racket. If that's all you have then it's possibly the best decision-making tool you will have, and there's still no guarantees you'll select the right racket. That's all part of the badminton experience you develop over the years.

Paul

18. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Surely you can order rackets yourself online? But I suppose you don't want to spend (too much of) your own money, which is fair enough. Pity though. You should do it in the name of research hehe.

Although not reviewing the 3U could be seen as a clever (unintentional) marketing tactic for Victor - it may tempt people to purchase both. And that means more business for Victor!

19. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I hear you. At the moment I receive rackets for testing and then have to return them. The difference now is that the Victor rackets in general go into my demo bag rather than return them to the retailer and they go into the retailers demo bag.

I cannot order outside of Europe unless I pay for the racket and face the potential difficulties with customs (and fees). Also why should I pay for everyone else to receive the benefit. Do I not give up enough of my time to test and write my reviews? On top of that I answer best part of 10 questions per day by email and Facebook. I am NOT a full time coach and have to work like most players and fit in my hobby when I can.

Add a young family into the mix and life's simply hard enough...but I love it!

Paul

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

You've got to consider the TK9000 - if that's going to be a 5/3 as well, but in 3U... it'd make the TK6000 redundant.