Kido / Hendra Leave Pelatnas

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Sandy, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Sorry for being off-topic, badMania...

I agree with badMania... yes KKK-TBH did not win all the time, but they are still one of the strongest MD pair alive today. ;) [The last time I checked a few weeks ago, KKK-TBH were the #1 ranked pair on Earth] If MAS don't want them, INA will gladly take 'em... :cool: Go depend on the Zakry brothers and CTF-LWW in Thomas Cup 2010, if that's what MAS prefers... :p INA can live very well with Kido-Hendra plus KKK-TBH as INA's two MD... ;)
    :D:D

If MAS is in the mood of throwing out more loosers, throw out LCW as well! He'll fit very well with Sony and Simon in INA's Thomas Cup 2010... :D China-Korea-Denmark will have big problems with this kind of pan-ASEAN lineup... ;)

#41 Krisna, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i 2nd this suggestion since there are so many complain;)

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    WOW.... I am totally agree with Krisna here..

4. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

OT:

To be honest, unreasonable demands and criticisms like calling LCW and KKK/TBH shameful or low achievers are really getting sickening(what makes things worse is, those arm chair critics are having fun in belittling their world class top MS and MD players the whole year long again and again...again and again...Gosh). Perhaps someone can knock some sense into these critics and ask them to be a little more realistic when they come to demanding results from their national shuttlers.

Totally agree with badMania, limsy and Krisna. If those arm-chair critics think so lowly about kkk/tbh and lcw, they can kindly suggest BAM to release them from the country duty. Besides Indonesia, I think UK will be more than willing to take these so-called "losers" in(Pretty sure Denmark will take them in as well). It will be interesting to see if these arm-chair critics(represent the county to play) can defend the honour of the country in the absence of those "losers" like kkk/tbh and lcw.

On Topic:

I certainly hope I can see more of MK/HS in the future. I think Thomas cup will be much more exciting if they represents Indonesia in that events. However, I will respect whatever HS/MK decided since they have done enough for their country IMHO.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You sure or not PBSI will agree with that? Maybe Djarum can take them in :D. Or go to Kido/Hendra's club, they will be happy to have high quality sparring & tournament partners :p:p.
    Ehem, LCW is harder, you know lah, his ex-sifu is in Korea.

So, for normal SS Tourneys, Kido/Hendra is sponsored by Yonex & their club?

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lets not get emotional ...

Ladies,

Please calm down and hold em' tissues ... please.

What Jason said was despite all the challenges faced by MK/HS, they are still able to to beat KKK/TBH, the MD WR#1 in Laos for the gold and the FO.

Now, now isnt it not a fact that KKK/TBH, the MD WR1 were beaten by MK/HS in Laos and at the FO? Lets look at facts and leave out the emotions and mindless rants.

Jason certainly committed no crime by highlighting em' facts.

Now .... as for this other countries ever willing to adopt/take/keep/accept KKK/TBH or LCW or his pet mice ... ok let me just say this, Malaysian badminton will not be held ransom by any shuttlers. No one is bigger than the sport. If our shuttlers want to leave, go by all means. Just fill up em' emigration forms on their way out. If countries like Ethopia, Somalia, Zimbabwe, Yemen or even Indonesia want to take them and they want to go ... please go.

Lets not be deluded that Malaysia should be thankful for shuttlers like KKK/TBH. It should be the other way round instead. KKK/TBH should be thankful that they are Malaysians because as Malaysians, their livelihood and development as badminton players are taken care of by the taxpayers.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Indonesian top shuttlers quit national team

Received this article from China View: click HERE

Indonesian top shuttlers quit national team

World No. 3 doubles players MarkisKido and Hendra Setiawan have decided to quit the national badminton team, a local media reported here on Wednesday.

Markis's health problems -- he's been suffering from high blood pressure since August -- were the main reason behind their decision after their victory at the recently-held Southeast Asian Games in Laos.

"The (national team's) physical training program is getting harder. My blood pressure problem deters me from practicing with as high an intensity as the others and it makes me feel bad. I can't stand to watch others train hard while I only sit. So I think it would be better if I pull out from the national team." Markis, 25, was quoted by the Jakarta Globe on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Markis' faithful partner in men's doubles, Hendra Setiawan, would not play with other shuttler. He only wants to keep playing alongside Markis.

"We've been partners since we were kids. I don't think either of us could perform as well as we do now if we were no longer partners," Hendra said. "I can't think of playing with someone else."

Markis revealed that they had sent a resignation letter to the Indonesia Badminton Association (PBSI) before they went to Laos.

He said that he and Hendra had discussed his decision to leave national team with his coach, Sigit Pamungkas, and their families." They all supported us," Markis said.

After their resignation from the national team, Markis and Hendra will return to their club, Jaya Raya, and pursue careers as professional shuttlers.

Because of Markis's blood pressure problems, as well as a nagging knee injury, the pair was out of action for most of the season.

They withdrew from the World Championships in India in August, losing the opportunity to defend their title.

Their decision to leave the national team still come as a shock because Markis and Hendra were a bright spot in an otherwise not-so-good year for Indonesian shuttlers, when compared to the national team's usual high standards.

#47 chris-ccc, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  8. badadum

badadum Regular Member

It's a two way street. Without KKK/TBH and LCW what does Malaysia/Malaysian taxpayers have to show for all those $$$$$$$ spent in badminton? Some people will always find fault, regardless what the outcome is.

Best of luck to Markis & Hendra. Hopefully the junior MD is ready to fill in their shoes.

9. gary_seeker

gary_seeker Regular Member

Students
    heard from bulutangkis.com that PBSI reject Kido/Hendra resignation. Any insight news about this ? Are they still training in pelatnas or still disputing about their status in pelatnas with the official ?

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    They are official now as Independent...They just signed with Flypower...
    higher than Yonex..PBSI did give MK/HS with conditions..they can quit and the sponsors should be Yonex or any products made by Indonesia..
    I did reported that Li Ning offered to MK/HS..it should be 361 ( also from china)

11. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    wow.. any product from INA... not a bad idea.. try to boast local industry...

maybe MAS independent to should look into that as well...

12. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

The next question is Where they will train ?
    I guess Banthong Champs is under Yonex Sponsor, looking for the same Flypower sponsor is Djarum or Ganesha Club, or back to Jaya Raya.

#52 Sandy, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I heard that the official letter allowing them to leave the National Team came out today. They are free to find a sponsor either Yonex [the official National Team sponsor] or any local INA brand... I am happy they could strike a good & amicable deal with Hariyanto Arbi's Flypower... :cool:

Good question, Sandy... :confused: I don't think there is one ideal training ground for them... :p Jaya Raya has no high-quality sparring partners for them... Well, actually, only the National Team has enough firepower to somewhat match them... :p

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

What a coup..

..what a coup by Haryanto Arby and his Flypower brand.:cool: Should Markis and Hendra continue and win some more titles, i'm sure quite a few BCers will come here and inquiry abt what racket are they using??..;)

15. SeizeTheDay

SeizeTheDay Regular Member

IT
    Signed contract with FlyPower

Markis is using FP Tornado 800 while Hendra is using FP Warrior 7.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      26.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      42.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      44.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      45.1 KB
      Views:
  16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Kido/Hendra will join Pelatnas tomorrow for training ( Wednesday)..basically they are welcome to train/spar with national team any time..

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's good to see things being settled right now.

It's also time for Pelatnas to quickly groom Rendy Sugiarto/(a suitable partner), Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputra and Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan into Pelatnas's 2nd team this year. No more wasting time in Pratama please :rolleyes::cool:

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, flypower brand:eek:

dont pray2 haha..:D

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..so, are they back in Pelatnas?? or just there to train/spar with others??..:confused:

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Glad to hear the issue is settled now.. they can now focus on playing.