JJS/LYD - Road to the WR #1

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by narnia, Dec 22, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, stats again? talking about stats, this reminds me of a member here keep talking about the stats:rolleyes:

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Of course stats, what else?? Looney tunes characters? ;)

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

although lyd looks very powerful and energetic on court, i still thinks that he still missing something..
    hmm..not bias or what..just missing 'something'

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

How come LYD/JJS thread suddenly turn to talk on LCW? The same topic already raised in 2 different threads at least. Then LCW thread pulak earlier become talk abt MD :confused:.

LYD/JJS is WR#1 now till AE at least, narnia, you'll sure be happy.:D

5. kirana

kirana Regular Member

Yes, I fully agree. Narnia, I think it is the way you write your posts that turn people "against" LYD/JJS. Although you are a die hard fan of them I guess you should not close your eyes (i.e underestimate) of other players ability & achievement. LYD/JJS is indeed a great pair. They participated in many tourneys in yr 2008 and early jan 09 and many pairs started to learn or even have learnt how to defeat them, so it's too early to say they are the dominating men double games.:)

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hmmmm, I gave stats that actually favour LYD/JJS leh. ;)

Errrr, Hauge, the number of titles stats I already posted a couple of pages back.
    1) for 2008 , LYD/JJS won 4 out of 6 SS or 4 out of 7(include SS FInals) they participated = 66.67% or 57.14%. 2) MK/Hendra won 4 out of 10 SS or 4 out of 11 that they participated = 40% or 36.36%.
    2) 2008 - Include all tourneys from GP upwards, including OG : LYD/JJS = 5/10 = 50%. MK/H = 5/11 = 41.67%, LYD/JJS is highest %, MK/H 2nd highest

But I also pointed out : :D
    3) 2 yr period of 2007 & 2008 : MK/H = 9/27 =30%, inlcude OG & WC, highest %. LYD/JJS = 6/24 = 25% = 4th highest.
    4) If counting the 4 major tourneys - AE, AG, WC, OG : MK/H have won 2 = WC & OG, the other MD pair still playing that has both these titles are Tony/Chandra. If I'm not mistaken Tony/Chandra also won AE bf but not AG. The others : Fu/Cai = AE & WC, KK/TBH = AE & AG, Lars/Jonas = WC, LYD/JJS = AE
    ;);):)

7. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Thank you for pointing, kirana.

But forget it. S/he already stated that "I don't put much care on the title names. I care for the head-to-head stats among the top-rankers to get a sense of who's the real best."

Which gives me some new light: MK/HS' OG gold is meaningless (i.e. not that strong mah) since their H-2-H stats against the newly crowned WR No. 1 are rather disappointing anyway.;)

#187 Jagdpanther, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  8. badadum

badadum Regular Member

And when we go to Narnia's road of comparing head-to-head stats among the top pairs, we're stuck in an infinite loop, since pair 1 >> pair 2 >> pair 3 >> pair 1..........Error 404: Domination not found!!

9. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Nobody ever read anything by Mr. Justice here teaching the exact same thing to X Ball ever(with dozens more examples simliar to the above):rolleyes:...

yet, Narnia takes all the blows because of all the praises s/he gives to the korean pairs while somewhat leaving out Ina and Mal players.

#189 bananakid, Jan 23, 2009
  10. badadum

badadum Regular Member

You haven't gotten a clue do you? Did you even bother to read previous post???
    "Narnia takes all the blows" as you put it, not because of leaving out INA and MAS players....but rather by declaring LYD/JJS has conquered and dominate <fill in the blanks> ... and the method used to support/justify it.

Clear enough for you? :cool:

11. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It'd help enormously if all of us were to go across to how Jung Jae-Sung and Lee Yong-Dae are doing professionally.

If you folks want to continue your personal tirades, use some secure means of private communication. This simply isn't the place for it :mad:

12. badadum

badadum Regular Member

As stated before, some of us (me included) are questioning narnia's "domination" and "conquering" statement while depicting LYD/JJS, and the supporting argument for it. For some reason, a small minority here seemed unable the see the point of contention...and equate us to critizing LYD/JJS alltogether. Off topics post dully noted though.

#192 badadum, Jan 23, 2009
  13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Debate?
    The recent posts are anything but!

14. narnia

narnia Regular Member

I have heard some people here get money by posting... Who are they? And is it the reason some guys are talking much, esp. of off topic?

Fellas, I don't want to be involved in the fighting here as we are all here for the joy of badminton. As I said in the other posts, I also like Kido/Hendra, Koo/Tan, and many other top-players. What I'm saying about "dominance" is all MY personal opinion. Why are you so upset? I have my own standard or definition for the "dominance". YOU can have your own standard. I said my standard or definition for the "dominance" and you can think differently. That's it. I didn't say MK/HS is a bad team, rather I said they lost to LYD/JJS in all the matches since 2008. The dominance goes just "temporary" as I said my definition comes with just recent matches within around 1.5 year. (The current BWF ranking also only counts the matches within 1 year.)

That's my personal view. Your view can be different. You don't need to be offended by my view. Just tell your standard and view and I care stats.

And please please don't forget:

I ONLY CARE ABOUT THE HEAD-2-HEAD STATS AMONG THE TOP-PLAYERS TO DETERMINE WHO'S THE BEST NOW. (NOT HOW MANY or WHICH TITLES THEY HAD.)

(Just think that the top-rankers all play one another by All Round Robin. Then, who will get the MOST WINS? That's my definition of dominance in modern badminton scoring system.)

:)

Have a fun in your club.

#194 narnia, Jan 23, 2009
  15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

We get it...really...we get it.....so, its like saying:
    Andy Murray vs Roger Federer is like 4-1 in the past 1 year.....so Andy Murray is the best right now...when in fact Roger Federer had won all the major slams except for the French Open while Andy Murray has yet to win any major slams up to now.

or...to be closer to badminton:
    Kido/Hendra vs Koo/Tan 2-6 or 2-7 at the moment....so...that makes Koo/Tan the best in the world eh...when in fact there are so many here being so critical abt them? I am sure Koo/Tan's fans will be excited abt that :eek:

It's okay really for INA players to be "dominated" by others...as long as they are the ones who win the major titles and beat the bogey pairs when it matters most (like during the Olympics QF match) :D I am sure most INA fans will agree to that ;)

16. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Anyway you finally got the point. Congrats and thanks! :)
    My point is to determine who's real top of the top players as I am also a casual badminton player.

And your examples are wrong as you need to be more accurate in your calculation. You should include all the top-rankers(around 10) not just two.

My calculation is similar to the BWF ranking system. But the difference is I only include h-2-h games, not all tornaments to see who's the best among them.

#196 narnia, Jan 23, 2009
  17. narnia

narnia Regular Member

18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Dozens of irrelevant posts have been deleted.

Thank you wasting your time.
    Thank you for wasting my time too.

19. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

This is quite a loaded comment.
    Care to back it up?

20. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Wound't. If you know more, ask (badadum,) cooler, kwun. Anyway, Thank you for cleaning up the forum. :)

#200 narnia, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009