Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

2. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for sharing. Nice to know then...

Btw: When I've received my racket, I've had it in the 1 racket bag. Unforunately the racket went behind my back and I didn't notice that when I was sitting down. Therefore I lied against the chair and at the same time against the racket:(
    That means I've bend the racket a little bit =/ Does this matter to a racket? The chair behind me wasn't "even". So I think that wasn't very "healthy" On the other side, a racket should stand a lot?

#182 Accordaz, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  3. Geekzk

Geekzk Regular Member

Hi there,

Just ordered the racket last week, i will get it tomorrow i guess :p. Got if from tennis-town strung @26lbs with VS850.

I'll try to do a quick review and compare it to both YY NS9900 et VT7 (same tension but BG65)

4. Resistor

Resistor Regular Member

Can anyone direct me where I can get a trusty retailer to ship internationally...

Directly to Australia to be exact..

LYD looks good and I could like the BS series.

5. Geekzk

Geekzk Regular Member

I think tennistown.de do ship to Australia, but you could be charged taxes

6. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    U can try Chris e-link from Singapore

No tax, aust custom duty free threshold is aud1000. A long as the racquet below aud1000 u are not subject to any tax.

#186 ikki9394, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Lucas Yao at the Victor shop in Clarendon St, South Melbourne has the entire Victor range.

Sticker prices are out there, but you can usually haggle him down to within $20 of international prices.

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with RKEP Eric in Taiwan, or Chris Aw in Singapore.

8. Geekzk

Geekzk Regular Member

Got it !

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures :(

IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

BS LYD over NS9900
    IMG_0704.jpg

NS9900 over BS LYD
    IMG_0705.jpg

The shaft of the BS is definitely longer
    IMG_0706.jpg

I will play with it tonight, can't wait for it !

Attached Files:

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    We are all waiting for your review,mate.
    If you don't mind, please compare it with your NS9900. I myself am a big fan of NS9900, your comparison review with NS9900 might give me an idea, on how does this beast perform.

10. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

The racket is already out of stock on Centralsports

11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I don't think anyone was under the allusion that this racket was not going to be huge for Victor.

12. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

does this model have any difference between the taiwan coded units and say CN coded units?

13. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

Just had two of these delivered!! Cant wait to try my first Victor racket!! :D

14. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I can't wait to get a sample from Victor so that I can review it. From what I've heard it's turning out to be Victors most popular racquet ever.

As I understand it, it's only being offered in grip size 2 which is a smaller grip than usual. However, no doubt players can build the grip a little without too much loss of balance.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

15. burger

burger Regular Member

Popularity due to the association with 이용대?

16. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Burger

You are probably right, however it may turn out to be a classic in its own right. Time will tell.

At the end of the day, the racquet manufacturers are in the business of selling product. All they are doing is copying what has worked many times before and that is using a star to promote a product. There is no difference to any other advertising we see on TV with stars promoting products. At least on this occasion we know they use the brand albeit they have custom made racquets and not the off the shelf ones we can purchase.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Looks very nice. I'll get a chance to test it as soon as my usual shop gets one back (as they're all being demo'ed). The choice I'll have to make is between the BS09, BS LYD and N55II.....and Voltric ZF :D I hope it's not too stiff, as I'm finally free of shoulder pain and I want it to stay that way! :)
    In the meantime - continue posting yummy pics :D

18. Geekzk

Geekzk Regular Member

OK so I was finally able to play with that beauty tonight... Please keep in mind that i'm injured at my right shoulder, and that i'm not used to the string. I usually play with NS9900/BG65 @11kg.

Here are my first impressions : BS LYD / VS850 @ 11.5kg / AC102EX Overgrip

More powerfull than the NS9900 as expected, clears from back to back are effortless. No vibrations at all, the racket is very quick.
    For smashes, the combination of the new string and my injury made this review awkward. I mean i couldn't really be able to know if i correctly hit the shuttle :( I didn't found my smashes were more powerfull/fast than with the NS9900. My opponents said that it was faster than usual but i didn't have that feeling. I'm such in love with this racket (you'll understand it later) that i want to think that it's the string/my injury/the different head shape.

Net play is outstanding ! the racket is so precise for netshots. For fast play / drives... IT WAS AWESOME. I'm a double player that enjoys to be the front man. My game is made of drive and interceptions. That racket made my opponents sick of badminton. IT IS SO DAMN FAST ! Even if the BS LYD is a little more head heavy than the NS9900 (bp differs by nearly a cm, both rackets with the same overgrip), i found it easier to return drive with the LYD. I'm in love with it.

But was really stunned me more was the defense... I was able to return every single smash to the baseline without any effort. Flat defense were so easy that i changed my gamestyle and lifted every shuttle to be able to counter later... Blocks are awesome too...

My overall thoughts are that there is no huge diffences with a NS9900, but the LYD is simply more awesome everywhere. A bit more powerful, a bit faster, a bit more precise...

Highly recommendable racket !

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    It seems that BS LYD has taken down NS9900...One of the best rackets Evil Empire has ever produced....

20. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Well. A little more head heavy than NS9900? A little more only?:rolleyes:
    Well, I don't use a NS9900, but the few times I've tested with it, there was no head heaviness in NS9900 at all. And my BS LYD is definitely head heavy. Not very head heavy, but head heavy. So it must be more than "a little more" head heavier than NS9900;)

Whatever. I've used it for 2 - 3 hours now. I don't know what to say. But it's really fast, it probably replaces my Arcsaber10 as go to racket.
    I think the stiffness and its feeling is kinda similar to Arcsaber10. But it's a lot faster.

When I've said its head is smaller than Arcsaber10's head. It's still valid. But when I've compared it with MX-70, it had the same head size.
    Whatever, the smaller head size - compared to Arc10 - wasn't a issue until yet. I think I was getting to used to it very quickly.

Someone here has mentioned that BS LYD is a little bit slower than other rackets from the same series. I can't confirm that. But I really wonder now how fast the other Braveswords could cut through the air, because BS LYD is already really fast :)

Notice: Its shaft is longer than other rackets. This may disturb some people, or not:p

My racket: strung with VS850, 10,5kg, 1 overgrip, balance point: 295 ~ 297mm

#200 Accordaz, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012