Yones SHB F1R 2012 Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Notorious544d, Jun 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Notorious544d

Notorious544d Regular Member

Student (college)
    I've seen this new shoe on 'directsports' and 'milletsports' and was wondering if anybody had any information about them as I can't find anything about them, even on the official Yonex website.

I can see that this is a 'dumbed-down' SHB F1, which is great because it fits my price range. But I want to know more about the technology and stuff about it (yes I know it's all marketing, but still).

Is it as light as SHB F1? What features have been removed to compensate for it's price?

Any responses, especially pictures, comparisons and hands-on reviews will be well appreciated.

Here's a link to the shoe on directsports: http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/...lack-Gold) Badminton Shoes &FromSearchPage=No

2. Notorious544d

Student (college)
  3. yzyxyzcc

yzyxyzcc New Member

I've been thinking of getting a new pair of badminton shoes myself.Also looked at F1R,on directsports website,the tech seems the same.......But I had another look at the chinese offical website,it doesn't seem like as good as it is described on the UK website.

F1R is light.....but today I made the final decision to buy SHB-92mx instead.92 is considered as light and quick too

4. Hanah2012

Hanah2012 New Member

dentist
    How's F1 comfortable for wide foot ? My foot's about ...4 E , help me !:crying:

5. Notorious544d

Student (college)
    Bump !!

I'm gonna be buying new shoes very soon now. Any responses will be highly appreciated! :)

6. jonny_mcc

jonny_mcc Regular Member

Building Surveyor
    I've had the f1 ltd for about 6 months now and bought the F1R's recently so i'm not using the LTD all the time. and to be honest, the differences aren't massive! The inner lining and the insoles are different, F1r's insole appears a lot cheaper and a bit poorer quality (doesn't matter as I change my insoles anyway.)

In terms of weight..... LTD are marginly lighter but it's not by much. Will take photos tonight.

J

7. jackbeam888

jackbeam888 Regular Member

IT consultant
    these shoes are low end, will open mouth soon, better to get cheap indoor shoes from mizuno or adidas or asics

8. jonny_mcc

jonny_mcc Regular Member

Building Surveyor
    Jack I've been using the F1R's now for over a month (training 4 times a week) and can't see much in the way "open mouth" or any defects you would associate with a low end show.

I wouldn't call a £60 court shoe low end.

J