Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I think that from China's and LYB perspective, LD and CJ would be the best bets for OLY2012. LD being the more likely to claim the gold.

The final potential position, should they get into the top 4 in the world, is up for grabs, I am sure the following players will be wanting to play as many tournaments as possible in 2011 in order to boost their ranking.

Here's the potential candidates for 2012 final place should they climb to the top 4.

Bao Chunlai
    Chen Long
    Du Pengyu
    Wang Zhengming

These 4 are the real challengers, so which one has the best chance ?

Bao Chunlai, IMO doesn't have the ability to climb to WR#4 anymore, he has been given so many chances by LYB, for example in AE10, he lost to Tago, I don't think he has the mental toughness needed, I think he has the wrong attitude when playing players he should easily beat, for example Kenichi Tago, and Hsieh Yu Hsing (SS Masters 2009) although he won the latter match, it took him far too long, also his head to head stats against the best in the world, are rather poor, IMO. Therefore, I believe that LYB will focus on the other challengers.

Chen Long, I think has got a decent chance, he has yet to win a SS event, but showed promise against LD two weeks ago, at China SS, although I think he is quite inconsistent, and again like BCL can turn games which should be easy, into long grueling matches. (see Bitburger GP results on TS) I think he has a good chance though.

Du Pengyu, haven't seen a lot of him, and there isn't a lot of threads about him, if any. He has done ok this year, got to the final of Swiss SS, but apart from that I can't really say a lot, he has a decent world ranking, so he is in a good position to challenge for a OLY2012 place. But he needs to get into WR4 or better.

Wang Zhengming, is possibly still to young, but he has a lot of potential, for now though he should maybe focus towards winning some GP events and doing well in SS events, and start focusing towards 2016, where CJ, BCL and LD will not be playing.

Just my 2 cents :) feel free to disagree :)

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    many posts deleted and thread temporarily locked to let everyone cool down.

any attempt to revive the topic elsewhere will result in more serious actions.

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

why was one of my posts deleted ? :(:(:mad: it was on topic.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    collateral damage. :D

restored.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Thank you Kwun:) it's dissapointing to see that threads have to be closed, everyone needs to act maturely, and post responsibly. If you think your post could be interpreted as offensive, then think again before clicking "post reply"

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I don't see any offensive posting prior to the temporary closure. I think we are mature enough. The moderators may have acted too soon. This is my personal opinion. No offence.

7. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    ummmm... this is 'OFFENSIVE'.... HAHAHAHAHA.....

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Are you trying to set me up? It clearly shows you are on the attack and is in the offensive. I am defenseless now.
    As I said before, I always call a spade a spade and no beating around the bush.

#1368 nokh88, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    there are a couple of offensive post calling ppl racists. and in general the tone between some members are getting more and more hostile. the policy has always been moderate down discussions pre-emptively to avoid further escalation. as oppose to wait till the war become full force and much harder to control and much more damage that is irreversible.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Perhaps your observation as a bystander/neutral is clearer.

11. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I think I did try to advise bc members to stay away from sensitive issue

Even if its on topic as I hinted indirectly it could end up thread being closed.

Instead I got poked right in the face !

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..if i recall, there was 1 or 2 more related replies to LD rules!'s post (#1361) above..:confused:

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Your posts were always neither here nor there. Always sitting on the fence and playing it safe. Usually no commitment. Curious why yours were also selected.:confused:

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Actually what happened?
    Your posts are ok, usually quite well thought out even though I don't agree. But you wouldn't know it's offensive because that's decided by the mods. Again, it's subjective. If you agree with the opinion, it's ok. If someone disagrees with the same post, they may see the post as offensive.

Was my reply to madbad's post offensive? Most of the time I like madbad's style because it conveys a very easygoing nature and his humour is good natured. However, he seemed too bowled over by LD's dance.If it's raised once , it's ok , twice, hmmm, 3x, especially after extreme... hinted of insensitivity of the dance, it means the issue begs another opinion. Maybe i will reply again in a less 'offensive manner.

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

why cant we just have a section that has no limit? say whatever you wanted, no mods around and dont go there if you're the sensitive one. just like the hyde park corner of the cyberspace

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I like this idea. Until now (with some of the postings deleted) I don't know which one is considered tolerable and which one is offensive. Some moderators are conservative, some are more liberal.

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    That's calling staying alive mate

Unlike some staying dead.

Anyway back to topic, anyone noticed lin dan put on weight or his muscle hmm gone?

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    I think you just gave a damn good idea, mate

Those in bc who can't agree to disagree

why don't settle somewhere as you suggested

Msn would be a good place I heard.

Then we save the mod disk space and trouble

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yeah, Survival of the fittest. Ok. I am done with this stuff.

Back to topic and Lin Dan. Yes I too notice that he did put on weight a little. He was also a little slower to react, maybe due to opponent's disguise shot.
    I happen to watch the JO10 final match again, twice, yesterday and I noticed LD will sort of rub (brush) his hair after a winning point and also hit his head with his racquet at the end of the match. Rather amusing.

20. smashwide

smashwide Regular Member

Busybody
    Firstly, congrats to LeeCW for winning the JO...but if you see, if LD want to win, he can win it in loop sided game and easy score...
    2 games with convincing score but if LeeCW to win, he need o work hard, closely contested 3 games...remember Swiss Open 2009, LeeCW need extra distance to beat LD....so I think LD is still the man to beat and LeeCW need to put extra effort to kill off LD....