Victor New Racket Meteor X JJS ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Polaroid, May 18, 2012.

1. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Well it sounds like the JJS isn't as stiff as the MX80... I REALLY LIKE the JJS colour but if it isn't as stiff as the MX80.. I'll have to get a MX80 :(

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    So Woozy, which one u buying ?

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    If you want more stiff then get the MX80

4. burger

burger Regular Member

isn't N90 from Li-Ning? so can just get another N90 as what Licin suggested. :D

5. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    how stiff is the MX JJS compare to london ? anyone?

6. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

I think this kind of reasoning comes up a lot even on these forums, but I don't think you should judge the entire brand based on one racket that broke for you. After all, none of the rackets are meant to be unbreakable and regardless of brand, they're going to break at some point. There might have been impurities in your particular piece that caused it to break, or clashes, or even just scraping it on the floor to pick up shuttles, or whatever reason that might have caused your particular racket to break, but that doesn't mean that all rackets made by any brand, whether it be Yonex, Victor, Li-Ning, etc. are more likely to break than the others. Your one anecdotal breakage doesn't necessarily speak for all of the rackets and shouldn't cause you to disregard the entire brand.

7. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    I just don't like Yonex anymore. And also the seller also tells me Yonex racket cant string up to 30 tension.

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Which seller of which brand say that Yonex racket can't be stringed up to 30Lbs ?
    It would be seller from other brand than Yonex or a seller which sell several brand of badminton products including Yonex, but have higher profit on another brand. I believe scenario No.2 occurred. I have experienced this kind of problem before.

Several of our fellow BC members strung their Yonex racket at 32 and above, they have no issue. I myself am very confidence that Yonex racket can take 30Lbs tension assuming grommets are good, stringer are good and professional and also the player themselves.
    If you hit racket frame which strung at higher in tension very often, it will most likely make inner damage to the racket and make it more vulnerable. Sudden clash with your partner or hitting the floor will send your racket rest in peace.

It seems that your heart wants to buy Victor. Since N90 is head heavy and stiff, in my opinion SW35 might fit the bill although i have never tried it before, however judging from the specs and some opinions from my fellow friends, it is head heavier than MX80. MX80 head heaviness is not even close to N90 at all. In my opinion, MX80 head is just meaty, the power comes from the speed and from a little bit of heaviness from the head, thanks to the Octablade design. In contrast, N90 relying more on its head heaviness for producing power rather than speed.

9. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    But why even the high end rackets like z force and VT 80 put tension 24-27 only. Not 30 tension?

10. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

I believe that Yonex doesn't want to have to cover the warranty for all of those rackets and replace them for free. Any racket is more likely to break at a higher tension. They only warranty to the lower tension so there's less risk of losing money to giving out free replacement rackets.

11. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Dear friends:

In conclusion, which rackets can i buy , as I am using it for doubles and would like it to be comparable to N90...? Thanks

12. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Base on the Victor radar chart, MX JJS is stiffer than the London

13. xczheng

xczheng Regular Member

Got my JJS a couple of days ago and used it yesterday. It's exactly what I expected: smash is great and driving is fast. I like it very much with a BG80 Power string. The weight is only 98g after strung and grip while my MX 80 is 105g. So it's lighter and good for my arm :)

14. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    The weight of factory grip makes the mx jjs weight 89g@3u.

15. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

I just got my jjs and even without strings in it.. it is much head heavier than my 60 and 70. I haven't tried the 80 for a while so I can't comment there.. I'm pretty surprised...it doesn't quite feel like the other meteors to me so far.

16. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Woohoo!!!! Sounds exactly like my setup. Can't wait to get mine.

17. victorgabriel1

victorgabriel1 Regular Member

So after being able to do some more testing, I am very disappointed with this racket. It looks awsome and all but the performance was a big let down for me. Never got the power I had with my 80 and my defense was way superior with my 80. I have already traded one of my jjs for a 80 and will probably do the same with my 2nd one...I might give it a second chance and string it with a different string less tight but for now i am very sad D=.

18. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi friend victorgrabiel1:

you should give yourself minimum 1 month for this MX JJS racket....

after the one month , u will then can judge whether this racket is suitable for u..

Wish u have a good day,,,,

19. xczheng

xczheng Regular Member

Victor,
    I am quite surprised you had a bad experience with JJS. I moved from MX 80 to JJS as well and all the changes to me so far are positive.

20. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Did he just make the judgement after one game?