New Victor Racquet - The Meteor X80 ( MX80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    LOL - I always have to raise a purchase order to the fiance for new ones :( and I only have two rackets but hey, we're happy!

#1941 justinwyyau, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

If only it was that easy... :p

3. whenry

whenry Regular Member

Be a man guys, just remind her how many pairs of shoes do they have. We, men only have may be two pairs of shoes, but we need more arsenals to win our wars on the court to satisfy our ego. Cheers

4. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    Another reason could be a cracked handle. Next time you change your grip, look at the wood and see if there is a crack in it.

5. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

doesnt work, i reminded my wife that I bought her a very expensive bag just when i bought a "cheap" ZF and her response was "all more the reason to save up!" :crying:

now, i just tell her i borrowed/swapped some rackets from a friend since I do play with 3 different groups of people :p

6. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Wives dislike your rackets for a reason... they want a happy family, not you to have a bag filled with the top ten rackets in the world. :)

7. whenry

whenry Regular Member

ha ha ha. I got same problems here, not with rackets, may be NOT YET, because I kept them discreetly. And I always hang 3 rackets, whenever I bought a new one, I put one of the racket in my racket retirement bag; so she always thinks that I only have 3 rackets all the time. However, she thinks I play too much; 4x a week 3 hours each, excluding driving and chit chat after play. My wife used to say, are you going to be an athlete huh. I am 40 now. LOL
    BTW, did any of you see the video of an indian guy and his chinese wife, that's so funny. I showed her the video.

8. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

Since my 009DX died in battle the itch is back for a new racket. There's a Victor reseller at the tournament I'm attending tomorrow so I hope they have the X80 despite not being listed on their website. Fingers crossed :D.

9. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

you must share your secret with us...

just got the mx80... needs string now.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Go with a very repulsive string, NBG98/BG66/BG66UM....I found that to be perfect as they have pretty sharp feeling and good repulsion, which works well with the racket.

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Seconded:) anything soft like BG65 just doesn't work at all! So repulsive and at least medium feeling I would go with:) VS850 is nice too:)

12. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

Damn you guys for the sales talk in this topic :D. Got myself an X80 strung with BG80 today. Gonna take it for a ride tomorrow.

13. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I am about to order a second mx80. My current one was strung with bg65@28lbs a couple of months ago and now it feels very soft, I reckon about 22-23lbs...
    I am considering bg66um@24 or 25 lbs for the new mx80. Next week I have some important matches and want a perfect feel racket.
    Now... when I ordered the mx70 with bg66UM@25lbs, initially it felt rubbish - hard as a plank and not powerful... Two weeks later it started to be fantastic, extraordinary repulsion and feel.
    Question is: what happened? Was there a drop in tension to about 23-24lbs? Or... Was it a run-in period during which the new string gained elasticity/repulsion?
    I don't quite like the ideea of ordering the new racket @24lbs and then getting droopy over the next two months to 20lbs... What are your thoughts? Cheers!

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm the 66UM always felt pretty soft to me (strung it at 26 myself and the 26 I supposedly got on a new racket were in fact noticeably below that). So I'd go with the 25, but that might just be me :D
    As a reference: I use the NBG98@27,5 on the BS10, BG80@26 on the Ti-10, BG80@31 on the N70, and have a 26,5 NBG98 on the MX80 (which I rarely used the last months, but might go back to when I recover).

15. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Well it's no secret that I love Ultimax @ 25lbs on my MX60, so I can't help but wonder what it would be like on an MX80. Pretty good I reckon. Meteor, I think you should try another stringer. Right off the bat Ultimax should rock - strings don't 'gain' elasticity - so if it felt wooden there's something wrong. Perhaps it was higher that 25? If you're a heavy user or are worried about tension drop, then you should consider the Zymax strings as nothing holds tensions like them.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am thinking of getting another MX80.

ARGH. even i am not immune to RAS.

17. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ At least getting a backup racket flies below the wife's radar. ;)

18. whenry

whenry Regular Member

I love my mx 80, but the vibration hurts my elbow. Is there any way to lessen the vibration? Change string, tension or other ways?
    I usually use nanogy 95 @ 24-26, and then tried @23-25, but I don't like this tension.

19. Cillu

Cillu Regular Member

Racquet Tech
    Softer strings, getting thicker grip, or even double gripping might help with vibration dampening... Don't quote me on that though. The MX80 HURTS when I hit the rim lol =(

20. whenry

whenry Regular Member

what brand and type might Be good?