Plan to buy Pro's Pro Pilot

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by sudirman, Jul 6, 2007.

1. winzz

winzz New Member

Hi cliffhu, do you have the Stringing Instruction in a PDF Doc? I bought a Pro's Pro Pilot also, but i didnt get a Stringing Instruction. If you have the Instruction can you please send it to my email add: winzz@hotmail.com. Thanks a million.

2. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    hi guys!
    im also gettn one of these pros pro pilot stringing machines from watdon after xmas. indeed francias is a delight!very helpful. im a first time stringer altho i understand all the what to do now. i just want to ask so basically the only thing i will need to think about this machine is to get it calibrated before i start using it?im also gettn 3 yonex flying clamps, .....francais seemd surprised when i sed that as obviously we cud just use the 2 spring loaded clamps instead....but as il be doing on average 26 to 27 tensions on my rackets il wud need the extra clamps, and also b much quicker than using the spring clamps underneath on each pull.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

It'll probably need calibrating before you use it. Get a £6 fishing scale from Argos - it goes up to 50lbs, which is more than enough for badminton. The manual will tell you how to calibrate, and it isn't difficult at all.

I have done all of my rackets so far without any flying clamps - the swivel clamps are very good indeed. Since I go up to 30lbs+ on my own rackets anyway, I play it safe and rely on my fixed clamps. Fly clamps are good for convenience only.

4. 1012007

1012007 New Member

Does the Pilot need maintaining apart from calibrating?

Also i am thinking of getting this or the Challenger 1. Any users who have opinions on both?

Thankyou very much

5. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    hey guys!got the machine lik day after ordering great service from w&d cant praise them enuf and francais is a delight to speak to.

only problem im finding is the clamps get loose after about 10 string jobs and i find i have to tighten the clamps agen using spanner and allen key...is this normal?and i find sumtimes after clamping after tensioning, wen i release the tension ther is a slight moment(very small but noticable). is that common?

cheers!

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Yes, both of these phenomena occur with mine as well.

I adjust the clamp bases after every 10 jobs or so - I think the setting will hold better if you put some thread locking fluid on the stub bolts (if you're brave enough to pull them all the way out to do it, that is:D).

The clamps do tend to lean slightly when they take up the tension, but I have never considered this an issue - I just make sure I get as close to the frame as possible when clamping up.

7. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    alrite guys!ok now im starting to string for people in my badminton club....charging lik 10quid each restring using top forza strings.....takes about 20mins to prestring and between 45 mins and an hour to tension....u rekon thats about alrite for a new stringer?im doing tensions ranging from 18 to 26. aint broken ne rackets yet....shudnt really tho quite a good machine and unless i really set the supports up wrong shud b ok!great lil machine!glad iv got a big amp tho to put it on,just saves me havn to pay for the stand!!:p

8. HoLee2010

HoLee2010 Regular Member

9. HoLee2010

HoLee2010 Regular Member

10. HoLee2010

HoLee2010 Regular Member

Sorry for double posted....my first time posted it. I think post it the same topic in other threat too. my bad!!!

11. li00075

li00075 Regular Member

any1 no if this machine is reliable or not

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Had mine since '07, and aside from the mods I have made to it (with varying degrees of success) it's still working almost perfectly. No parts swapped except for the main spring.

13. Frank79

Frank79 Regular Member

Can i ask if Pro's Pro (Europe) is made by Eagnas (USA)? Their machines look very identical!

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The Pro's Pro XP-Plus and Pilot are identical to the Eagnas Combo 910 and 810, respectively. I'm not sure who the OEM is, but I'm betting it's neither PP nor Eagnas:D.

15. Frank79

Frank79 Regular Member

Thanks Mark!
    Are they just identical in looks? What about quality? Are the PP machines better?
    Seems like there are not many supporters of Eagnas machines. How is PP compared to the Gamma machines?

16. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

in the Eagnas old catalogue, it mentioned Pro's Pro brand ....

but currently Pro's Pro also use another brand such as Siboasi and AEF as their OEM.

17. Frank79

Frank79 Regular Member

Good to know. I guess the burning question for me is whether PP is a reliable and reputable machine? I've heard horror stories about Eagnas and if PP is 'related' to them then I might steer away.

18. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

that's a very old story boss .... currently looks like it is Siboasi or AEF.

I myself used Eagnas Combo 912 and it is a very good machine at least to me.

19. Frank79

Frank79 Regular Member

So, for the same price, would you buy a PP XP Plus or a Gamma Progression ST II?

20. Ranee

Ranee Regular Member

Another problem

Hi, got my pilot a few days ago. One problem: how should the string gripper work? I can make the gap between the "jaws" with the screw wider and smaller but the problem is how to make the whole system ("jaws") staying still once the string is between them? the gripper system instantly opens when i take hands off from it...