APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    argh cant upload photos as files too big. will try later!

2. newboy

newboy Regular Member

sellsmen
    HI yippo888 , are you from uk bristol . so where do you buy yours apacs racket ha:rolleyes:.

3. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Mate, you got to try out their own rackets , some of them are better than top Yonex rackets. I think you might got it from Apacs-sport uk . cause they are the only place that sell the Edgesaber 10 limited. I was going to get one but when I went back the following day , it was all gone ....

4. calvin_lei88

calvin_lei88 Regular Member

edgesaber Z-spark

i couldn't find any reviews on the edgesaber z-spark... can someone give me a overview of the racket as i am considering to buy...thanks

5. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    I switch to APACS after my Yonex AT300 broken... I went to the shop and ask for other YY model but seller advise me to give a try to APACS. The reason was the racket crack while he was stringing a YY Carbonex 21 at 25lbs (customer newly bought from his shop and stringing the racket).

He shown me another YY Armortec 700 at his shop but on the top of the racket frame broken (althought broken but the string tension still very high while I press the string). He said the racket strung at 28lbs and broken after few months he bought the AT700. The customer asking for replacement due to the broken not caused by crashing instead from the tension of the string. But seller said it is impossible to claim a new racket from Yonex because recommended tension only around 25lbs.

6. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    The seller told me there was a guy approach him and ask the existing racket tension where he got from Taufik (don't know which tournament taufik won the game and throw his AT900 to audience, the guy is the lucky one).

The guy said the tension was too high and it is difficult to generate power from the AT900. The seller look at the racket and he said it probably strung at 30lbs or above. He discover something strange, there was a word of P in the shaft. Then the seller ask the distributor of YY and he get shocked cos the P stand for Player. Those rackets supply to professional player coded with P but selling to the public one is without P.

Distributor said it is because professional players always strung in higher tension than public. Therefore YY make those rackets which can hold higher tension and last longer too.

Of couse I cannot 100% trust on the shop seller only. But I did hear YY racket broken on the frame quite often from various forums. If anyone has approach professional players' racket, would you confirm there was a P coded in the shaft of the YY racket.

7. hazahazdy

hazahazdy Regular Member

wow player version. dat guy was so lucky

8. hasan

hasan Regular Member

I saw somebody selling Apacs Armortec 900 Technology, just looks as identical as Nano 900 Power, so i am wondering if anybody else has ever seen this Apacs Armortec 900 T or it's just fake. The AT900 T appears real thought.

Have one of NP 900, really love it, that's why i am looking for a second one.

9. pk_volt

pk_volt Regular Member

What tension are you guys running on your Lethal 70/Tantrum 300?

I'm using 23 lbs on both and I just feel the shuttlecock contact is very spongy and unresponsive. Even when I hit the sweet spot with a good swing, the amount of power generated is very small. I'll admit that I'm still learning a lot, but I know some people who can really hit and I notice they don't deliver that much power when they try my racket compared to what they use.

Anyone think the these rackets should be used with a higher tension to better suite the overall characteristics of teh racket.

#2249 pk_volt, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  10. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

i have my lethal 60 at 26lb, feels great on smashes... hit about 10-20 cm further then my MP100 with my normal swing, if your learning go for 24-25, the apacs system seems to be different to my MP100, 26 feels like 23-24lb on my MP100
    maybe because the lethal 60 is more head heavy
    btw i use BG65 strings

#2250 milford30, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  11. Loben

Loben Regular Member

I have the Furious PRO 1000/2000 for almost 1 year and I also have a ARC10 from Yonex.
    As for the Furious PRO 1000/2000 I love this one more then my ARC10 and the ARC10 cost almost $80Cad then the Furious PRO 1000/2000.
    I string it with BG80 and few of my friends told me the Furious PRO 1000/2000 have a good feeling and control then some of their Yonex.

Wish it help!

12. ApacsUK

ApacsUK Regular Member

Hi

We would recommend the lethal be used at a higher tension. Lower string tensions would give you a lack of feel and control ast the string can "trampoline". With a higher tension it will perform much better. I would suggest you look at using 25lbs mains and 27 cross as a minimum starting point.

Regards

Apacs UK
    Apacs Badminton Rackets - great deals now!

13. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    i used my tantrum 200 and lethal 50 today...im a doubles player who uses nano900power(white)..from my experience i think tantrum is closest to nano900..kind of felt the same..still getting used to it..lethal 50 got too much power than what i need.clears were flying outside..backhand clears were found to be very easy compared to nano900.i prefer tantrum for doubles..both rackets were strung with bg80 @ 24X25 lbm tension.but for the value for money i think nano900 will be a real good option..i recommend the white nano900 power to all badminton learners.

14. stnly

stnly Regular Member

So recommended tension for L70 and T300 would be >25lb? I am planning to string with BG85.

15. youthchean

youthchean Regular Member

L70 is very stiff, you should string it lower than the usual tension on your previous racket as a start.

That's what i did for my L70. 25lbs for L70 and 28lbs for my AMP95.

Happy Badminton :)

16. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

i am waiting for the day to put my hand of L70...

17. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

i meant "on L70" of course...

18. breezed

breezed Regular Member

students
    which between vh2000 and tantrum 200 that have more power, faster swing, n great defense? thank's

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

what is stopping you ?:p or has it not arrived yet/not ordered it yet ?

20. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

only one thing... cant get it cheaper then 110$