Play badminton in HCMC VIETNAM

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by tifam, Mar 21, 2005.

1. dragonsalyer671

dragonsalyer671 Regular Member

engineer
    Thank you very much for your kindness Super Lee i will try to contact you and hope to play this week with you. No problem with the english i am also an asian (pilipino) so my english is not that good either.

2. hungle

hungle Regular Member

I am playing in Quang Ngan club in Go Dau Street-Tan Quy Ward, Tan Phu Dist., It more far than Super Lee club from Binh Duong, just email me trunghungleba@yahoo.com.vn in case you need for more detail.

3. william2010

william2010 New Member

What is the address of T19 or how can I contact you when I am in VN?

4. dragonsalyer671

engineer
    Thanks to Super_Lee89 for accomodating us last night at his club. It was really nice playing with you guys. Hope to play again with you next week.

5. Super_Lee89

Super_Lee89 Regular Member

Thanks a lot! Do you have email address? We'll send you the contact of our friends' group in Binh Duong, you can go there and join with them when you want to play badminton in your free time. I think it'll be more convenient for you because our club is quite far from your house and it took you a lot of time to get in! Once again, We'll always welcome you and your friends come and play with us. ^^

6. dragonsalyer671

engineer
    Super_lee thanks again my email address is roncolinayo@vectorfab.vn this is my company email you can send any information in it. We llok forward in playing with your group again next week. See you then.

7. thiru@cc

thiru@cc Regular Member

play batminton

hi please send me the court address maybe i can join with ur guys during my holiday time thks

8. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Our club named Quang Ngan (Quang Ngân) at 40/6 Go Dau (Gò Dầu) Street, Tan Quy (Tân Quý) Ward, Tan Phu (Tân Phú) Dist., If you need my number, just email me to trunghungleba@yahoo.com.vn !

9. Ryder Blade

Ryder Blade Regular Member

Student
    Are there any stores in HCMC/Saigon that sell authentic badminton rackets and shoes? I might be going to VN this summer to visit my grandfather's grave (not sure if that's it translates to English xD) I'm not really sure about what district my family lives in though or where we'll be staying at since my mom and my family in VN aren't really on good terms right now.

10. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Yes, many stores we can trust, man! When you ready to go to Vn, just let us know and we will help you )there is an distributor of Yonex here, also another shop of one of coach of HCM City team (Nguyen Tien Minh's team), ....
    Question is: You want to but rackets and shoes to playing in HCMC for just bring back to USA?
    my email is: trunghungleba@yahoo.com.vn , you can email me if need any more deeply support!

11. Ryder Blade

Ryder Blade Regular Member

Student
    I'd like to buy some rackets and shoes to bring back to the USA. I'd probably be staying in VN for several days to a week at most since we're just visiting my grandfather's grave and my mom doesn't really support me in badminton...Haha.

12. luxinh

luxinh Regular Member

Hi, Hungle. I will be teaching at Vietnamese German University for a week from May 8. Wonder if it would be fine to play with your guys?

13. clamz

clamz Regular Member

Friendly match(es)?

Hi all,

I am actually interested in organizing in a holiday cum badminton trip to HCM for my group of young Singaporean players. I was wondering if someone could help me out with this, I will be looking at July/August period. Thanks!

14. SimonQQ

SimonQQ Regular Member

I am going to HCMC on July 7- Aug 11. anyone know any good places I can play there for the time and the hours they operate at? I am looking for intermediate players and was wondering the competition level in vietnam :) thanks!

15. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Could you please send me email to trunghungleba@yahoo.com.vn for details, then I may arrange for you if possible! In case your players in high grade, I will try to arrange for you to play with Ho Chi Minh City team (Nguyen Tien Minh' team-Top 10 BWF ranking), the head coach of HCMC team now is Asep Suharno, ex-coach for Singapore team in MS!

16. hungle

hungle Regular Member

See above post and email to me trunghungleba@yahoo.com.vn . I am not sure I can arrange for you or not because I don't know what is your free time and where you stay in HCMC! Waiting for your detail by email.

17. permanis

permanis Regular Member

HCMC is huge and it depends on where you are going to stay. Your intermediate standard is very subjective and one cannot make a judgement unless one’s know your standard. Badminton is most popular in the evenings and all day weekends.There are indoor courts at Cercle Sportiff (I think it is called Cung Van Hoa Lao Dong in Vietnamese), Ky Hoa, Madam Curie school, Thanh Thai and Dao Duy Anh in Phu Nhuan district and there are more places to play further away from the city in Binh Thanh district.
    These places have lots of varying standard of play from beginners to district players.
    So I suggest you turn up at one of these places. Sit and enjoy the play. If there is a group of players that is to your playing standard, introduce yourself and let them know your standard is similar to theirs, and ask if you can play with them. If yes, you are in luck. If not… well try another place.
    Otherwise there are the open air courts in the parks and they are very popular.
    You don’t want to travel too far to play because of the traffic jam.
    Hope the info helps

#217 permanis, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  18. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Dear Clamz,

I would recommend that you take the young players for a holiday there. There is so much to see...and historically and cultural it is quite facinating and its food is always interesting. Because you are going in a group, you should get the service of a local travel agent in Singapore to organize the logistics…book air-tickets, hotels, airport pick up, tours, sightseeing and meals. Someone got to do all these things.
    As for badminton, you did not indicate the playing standard . As Hungle said, you can play with the HCMC team ( half of the national team) but you should consider your own standard. It is harder to organize friendlies here compared to say Malaysia where there are literally hundreds of clubs alone in KL ( just look at the sticky posts) or in the case of Hong Kong, each of the private flats have their own indoor aircon courts. My advice is just leave your badminton racket at home and just enjoy your holidays in Vietnam. Cheers.

Permanis

19. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Dear Permanis,
    You seem very understand HCMC badminton team, did you live in HCMC?
    @Clamz: No information from you so how can i help?

20. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hi Hungle,
    I have never lived in Vietnam but I have been there many many imes over the years for work… mostly HCMC. Because I like to play the game, I bring my racket when travelling and try to find a place to play. I have played in all these places in HCMC including Pho Quang in Phu Nhuan district which recently closed its door (turned it to a university campus). Very sad indeed for badminton players. Wonder where all the hundreds of players are going to play.
    I try my best to guide keen badminton players especially to find a place to play be it in Sydney or elsewhere. Some people just need a game of badminton as part of their every day life and get a bit of exercise or get to meet interesting people in the badminton court. I cannot speak a word of Vietnamese ( except for the basic like good day or thank you). But one need not know the language to play the game… sign language will do. I will be visiting HCMC this June and hopefully I can have a game or two now that the courts in Pho Quang which is nearest to my hotel are gone.

Cheers
    Permanis

Permanis