APACS Virtuoso Performance

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mark Winston, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I think the rackets feel mid balanced to me, the only downside is they are a little stiff for my taste. If anyone wants one or a pair I could be persuaded to part with them because I have loads of rackets at the moment.

2. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    I own it and it does feel slightly head heavy with 295mm bp. This is with double grip. I took off the original grip and put some yonex stuff on there at its 305mm BP last I checked now. I have the nanoray 750 and for comparison and both with single grip the Nanoray is noticably more headlight then the AVP. Or in other words AVP with double grip = Nanoray 750 with single grip making them both slightly head heavy. Nanoray with double grips feels like it is slightly headlight.

But yea good overall racket with a powerful smash. I'm going to sell off my other rackets as there is no need for them. If the AVP breaks it's very cheap to replace as well.

#122 Magicmeatbag, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  3. hieu1988

hieu1988 Regular Member

Lawyer
    Same with me. I just bought it 2 weeks ago. It was broken when i make a back hand.

4. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

I did sent the broken racket back to Sportshorizon in M'laysia and managed to get a new one sent back :)
    Now I have strung it at 28lb with NBG98 and the smashes are amazing. Hopefully it doesn't break on me again ...

5. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)

I prefer the feel of a thin grip so I will use a single layer of Super-grap with a 50% overlap (like LCW). It's interesting that you use the NR 750 as a comparison since Yonex rate it as there second-most headlight racket. I should receive my rackets in the mail very shortly. I have never owned an APACS racket but everyone who owns one seems to swear by them. I have always used Ashaway rackets in the past but I felt it was time for a change. How does the build-quality of the AVP compare to NR 750, one of Yonexes top models?

6. Leon077

Leon077 New Member

student
    yonex voltric 7 or AVP, which is better?

7. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

Apacs virtuoso performance

8. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I'll be getting one next month! So excited. Been a while since I've gotten a new racket. Will be interesting to compare it with my other Apacs rackets. (i use the Tantrum 300, Armor Muscle Pro 90 and Lethal 100) :)

9. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

Excellent! Its my go to racket. I have three of them and like them better than my tantrum 200s.

10. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    Sorry for late reply. The paint job on the Yonex is noticably better. Other then that they both seem solid in construction.

Also when Yonex says the NR750 is headlight they really have to be kidding lol. I love only having one layer of grip just on top the wood handle too and for me with that setup the AVP is head heavy and the NR750 is slightly head heavy just to make sure if I didn't clarify it properly. The only thing I could think that would support that argument is that the Yonex has less material at the top of the racket which gives it a unique feel.

I wouldn't say that everyone who uses Apacs swears by them. I got the Apacs Nano 9900 and the thing absorbs ZERO shock lol. Absolutely terrible in that respect and lacks power completly. Definitely for someone with a crazy strong wrist. I also got the Apacs Perfect Blend which was a pretty solid racket. Kinda flexy though. Good all rounder.

The AVP is just in a different league when it comes to price/performance. If you like the slight head heavy rackets with medium stiff shaft there is zero chance you will not love this racket. The racket can compare to anything else at any price point in my opinion. Aside from the quality of the paint job though lol. Which looks nice but isn't that bad. I just totally notice the quality of the Yonex when I compare.

11. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

I completely agree with you on this. Except for what you say about the color, I think the color on it is excellent. Especially with yellow strings and grip, it totally stands out! Apacs went with a totally different type of color scheme and dcal orientation. I really appreciate what they did with this racket.

12. iceananas

iceananas Regular Member

Damn you, after reading this thread now I also had to buy this racket. But the price is too good not to give it a try, if this racket is really that good.
    Btw I play with a NR700FX now, and it also doesnt feel headlight to me. The BP of my NR is at 303mm :eek: (BG80, single layer Overgrip on wood).
    My all-time favourite racket is Carlton Kinesis, but unfortunately, it has a design flaw. No one of mine survived 1 Month, then it broke at the twisted place. My NR700FX is somehow nowhere comparable to the Kinesis and I dont really like it. Maybe I will like the feeling of AVP.

13. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    It's not that the racket is " really that good". It's that it compares to rackets twice and 3 times it's price and holds it's own.

If they increased the racket's price by double and gave it a better quality paintjob like Yonex/victor/adidas I don't think anyone would've really complained until they realized the price was originally 70 bucks plus shipping for most places. So does looks really matter that much? I like the look of the racket so for me it's pretty easy decision.

14. iceananas

iceananas Regular Member

Oft course you are right. I am looking forward to test it.
    I like the painting and the color anyway, thats not a problem for me. I already got red Zymax65 for it :p

15. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

They look good with yellow z65 string, I might try red when I next get one strung!

image.jpg

16. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

Awesome. They look so nice!

17. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I didn't play well with the rackets when I first got them but I have used them a few more times and really started to like them. I really like the colours and I don't think the paint quality is any less than yonex or victor.

18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Another pic, It shows the string colour better

image.jpg

dbones likes this.
  19. iceananas

iceananas Regular Member

Wow, now I really cant wait to get it :D

20. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

You mean recent Yonex quality ? The paint on my old TI iso swing power was much more durable than what we are offered now.

It might be an exception, but my AVP survived a clash with an aluminum racket... No chips!