REVIEW: Adidas adipower pro badminton racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Feb 13, 2013.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

2. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Yeah, noticed that but it was too late to edit after 15 mins. Anyway, the links work fine.

3. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

The links don't work for me.

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Nor for me ... ;)

5. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Sorry, I tried the links worked from my browser's session cache :eek:
    Anyway, a re-post for the photos.

IMG-20130426-00341.jpg

IMG-20130426-00343.jpg

IMG-20130426-00342.jpg

#26 quixilver, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  6. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Another different angles...

IMG-20130426-00350.jpg

IMG-20130426-00349.jpg

IMG-20130426-00345.jpg

7. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

quixilver,

Where did you bought it?

8. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I bought this from shuttle house.

9. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    how much is it in US including shipping?

10. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Just took another chance to play with my Adipower Pro after the last session had the AP62 broken after two games of doubles. This time I switched to BG80 with the same tension @24lbs.
    As I mentioned earlier, the Adipower Pro does not feel like a "real" head-heavy racket at the N90 or Z-Force calibre. In fact, with the same setup (BG80 + Toalson Ultra Grip) the balance point is not as tall as my 3U MX-JJS, even slightly lower than my 2U Arc Z-slash.

This racket is very solid, that was the first thing came up to my mind after the first few strokes. Every shuttle impact at the sweetspot feels very repulsive and crisp, this proves the stiffness level of the shaft and frame.

In the power department, there is nothing to complain about. Good clears were effortlessly achieved. Smashes were very powerful, the shaft really maximized the power delivery towards the frame instantly. Either it is the wristy/stick or full body smash, this racket packs with a lot of punch. It was really fun to play doubles from the back court.

Moving into defensive and faster shots, the "relatively" heavy and bulky frame does not work well when the game gets faster. However, flat drives were easy to control with very short racket movements as long as you have strong wrist and fingers to flick the racket faster compensating the stiff shaft.

Adipower Pro is a very nice racket with its main objective is delivering a maximum level of power, it is a very good friend for those who have strong arm and wrist. The stiffness is quite demanding as well. Another thing to highlight is the shock absorption, which I found very minimum. Those who have been playing with hi-end Yonex, Victor and Li Ning rackets with shockless frame or other shock absorption technology might find the Adipower Pro a bit uncomfortable for the elbow. On the bright side, it provides more feedback during shuttle impact especially on the more delicate shots.

#31 quixilver, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  11. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    It looks like an Arc 8DX.

12. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    paint quality looks impressive. How about it durability?

13. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

IMHO, the design which is impressive while the finishing paint job/quality is on the other hand, need to be improved if Adidas want to compete with other well-known manufacturers on the top range.
    So far, the racket feels very solid, seems like the materials are of high quality and there is no sign of deformation at the frame under the suggested limit of string tension. I don't think there will be significant issue on its durability but who knows ? Time will tell.
    Actually, I have more concern about the vibration/shock absorption on its frame as I got a slight pain/discomfort in my inner elbow area after a week (4 sessions of 2-3 hours) playing with Adipower Pro. Should a racket with this rate of stiffness designed to have more vibration damping ?

14. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

That depends on your preferences. I like feedback, and I've never been in the position where I've thought "This is too much". A stiffer racket should naturally give more feedback, but there are many other factors involved too.

15. taz4000

taz4000 Regular Member

Freelancer
    quixilver as you mentioned about the shock absorption I find the same problem in many other smaller manufacturers, there is something to said for good shock absorption when you are playing a lot, especially awkward miss/hits.

Kwun could you please comment on this as well, I am really interested in trying out either this or the adiprecision or the adizero.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    different brands have different feel.

Yonex's have more aggressive shock absorption. the good thing is that you don't get a lot of vibration, the bad thing is that every shot will feel dull and muted.

Victor and Adidas both have more direct feel, you can better feel the impact of the shuttle, the extra feedback is good for control, but at the same time, some people may feel that it is too much. i personally like to feel the feedback.

it is up to you and your personal preference which one you prefer.

as for the variation within the Adidas line, Precision Pro has a nice balance and also seem to have more shock absorption than other Adidas that i have tried. a more damped and muted feel, closer to Yonex. you may want to give that a consideration.

17. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I prefer the more direct feel as well. It makes you feel like you have way more control. It's probably why I like my Thruster so much compared to my Vt-80.
    Would love to try the Adidas once it becomes more widely available and cheaper.

18. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I think the price for the pro is already stable

19. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

It's just a matter of preference and I was just trying to speak out my own perspective while others may find their own differently, one man's meat might be another man's poison :D
    Different models from the same manufacturer can be different as well, I remember Victor have their Shockless frame for their Sword lineup and Li Ning have DF Shock Absorption for their Mega Power series, etc. Probably Adidas have their own shock absorption technology for other models, one that kwun mentioned was Precision Pro.

Particularly for the Adipower Pro, I feel that the vibration is still a bit more obvious compared to the MX-JJS. It is on par with the MX80, if I remember correctly, and definitely a contrast from the Arcsaber and BS-LYD.