Tan Chun Seang

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Loh, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes I was just sitting there... and then came TCS climbing the stairs with his 'weapon', of course not the Jet Li type ... exercising his wrist with it as he walked.

I also happen to know one Singaporean lady who only supports Malaysian players and this lady knows the entire Malaysian team, including TCS and Arif. As she was seated near me, I just asked her to take a pic of me with TCS. Being such a good natured boy, TCS obliged without any hesitation.

TCS has a natural, charming smile and with that Jet Li type of face, he will get lots of girls, not only Erin, going after him! (I hope he can handle the situation when it comes otherwise Yannie will have to coach him!)

I never told TCS that I will post in BC. Maybe he will get a pleasant surprise if he finds out.

2. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Loh..lmao! What makes u think i will chase after CS? He's a friend! LMAO! So funny!

Oh, btw..I believe CS saw this thread already :D

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Ya.. TCS saw this thread already.. He is happy.. LMAO!!!!!

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes I also caught Arif in action and would love to post some of his pics here but I still have problems attaching the pics. I can't even use the smilies here.
    The same problem I encountered trying to post in the other thread until I start a new one such as this. So sorry, unless I can find a solution like starting a new thread for Arif!

I think something is wrong, not sure whether it is with my PC though!

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Isnt she Malaysian? Have seen her in the past Singapore Opens, Cheers Asian Satellite, Cheers Youth Championships etc, cheering on the Malaysian players. If there is a 'No.1 Malaysian Fan' award, my vote goes to her. :)

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Then, as a good friend you follow him and give him good advice. Best advice is to remind him to smile always, whether in victory or in defeat!

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I hope we are talking about the same Malay lady. She is a die-hard Malaysian fan and maybe the younger MJs treat her as godmother.

I put a question to her: If a Singaporean player were to play against a non-Malaysian player, will she support the Singaporean player. She kept quiet. I think she will not support any other team except the Malaysian team.

8. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    Wow, die-hard malaysian team fan indeed.. :D im proud of it. HAHAHA!! Do u think i should feel guilty about this - i may be a malaysian but i dont support all mas players. i mean, well yeah, most of them but not all. It actually depends who are they playing with. LOL... :D :p :rolleyes:
    but anyway, GO MAS!! :D

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..well, in that case..

..let's hope TCS can come in here and make a post to say "Hi" to all his fans(yannie & erin_hakkinen, can you guys give a holler to TCS, we're waiting for him to come here and post)..;):):cool:..Then all his fans will be really giddy..:D;)
    ..hmm, let me guess, could she be none other than.................hFang??..:confused:;)

#29 ctjcad, Jun 6, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  10. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Hahaha, this TCS.. I bet he is too lazy to register for an account, plus they don't have internet connection at their hostel, must go to CC or somewhere else to go online, but yeah, I will ask him about it, if not he can always tell me what he wanna say to his fans and I will pass you guys his message.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

You guys..

..can tell TCS, kwun made a special invitation for him to register and post in BC..;):):cool:

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Tan on hot streak

The Star
    Sunday June 3, 2007

By LIM TEIK HUAT
    PETALING JAYA:

Project 2010-12 shuttler Tan Chun Seang dashed the hopes of Bukit Jalil Sport School's Chan Kwong Beng to win the men's singles title of the Asian Satellite Open championships in Singapore yesterday.

It was the second consecutive title for the 20-year-old Chun Seang, who emerged as the winner at the Vietnam International Challenge in Ho Chi Minh City last Sunday.

But the third seeded Chun Seang did not have it easy in the final and was taken to three games by a determined Kwong Beng, who was looking to cap a fairy-tale ending to an impressive run. Chun Seng came back from a game down to win the match 16-21, 21-16, 21-10.

There was a double for Malaysia in the tournament when Khoo Chung Chiat-Chang Hun Pin beat Indonesians Bona Septano-Mohd Ahsan 19-21, 21-10, 23-21 in the men’s doubles final.

Winning a second consecutive title brought much satisfaction to Chun Seang. The Kedahan had been trying to make a breakthrough on the international stage for three years without much success.

“I went through some tough matches from the first round. I was quite tired because we came here immediately after the tournament in Ho Chi Minh City,” said Chun Seang in a telephone interview from Singapore.

“I was unable to catch his strategy in the first game. But I became confident after he started making a few unforced errors at the start of the second game. There was pressure on me to win but I'm glad to have pulled it off.”

The back-to-back success should move Chun Seang up the world rankings from number 44.

“I hope to break into the top 30[/B], which will give me an automatic berth in the main draw of 32 in Super Series tournaments,” said Chun Seang, who is expected to feature in the Thailand Open next month.

The 19-year-old Kwong Beng, who moved up to number 205 from 403 in the world rankings after reaching the semi-finals of the Vietnam meet, expressed mixed feelings over the defeat.

“I never expect to go this far. But as an unseeded player it was tough going all the way. I knew it would be difficult if the match went to the rubber because my legs were giving up on me,” admitted Kwong Beng, who now trains under national coach Misbun Sidek.

Final results

Men's singles: Tan Chun Seang (Mas) bt Chan Kwong Beng (Mas) 16-21, 21-16, 21-10.

Men’s doubles: Khoo Chung Chiat-Chang Hun Pin (Mas) bt Bona Septano-Mohd Ahsan (Ina) 19-21, 21-10, 23-21

Women's singles: Jun Jae-youn (Kor) bt Bae Joo-youn (Kor) 21-8, 21-8.

Women's doubles: Ha Jung-eun-Kim Min-jung (Kor) bt Pushpita Richi Dili-J. Yulianti (Ina) 21-18, 21-12.

Mixed doubles: Cho Gun-woo-Kim Min-jung (Kor) bt Yoo Yeon-seong-Ha Jung-eun (Kor) 21-19, 21-13.

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No, hFang is Malaysian and is a young Chinese lady. I've posted pics of her the last time, during the ABC in Johor Baru and the Aviva Open Singapore makan party. The lady I'm talking about is Singaporean! :D

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Mohd Arif Abdul Latif

I think the attachment facility is working now, so I will post some pics of Arif Latif as promised to Erin.

Also one on Chan Kwong Beng shaking hands with Ashton Chen, whom he defeated in three games. :)

Attached Files:

15. erin_hakkinen

Business Student
    Thank you so much, Loh! Nice pics!
    Arif will be happy too :D

16. syusuke ika

syusuke ika Regular Member

student

17. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    nice pics Loh... :D

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes you should feel guilty. You only support the tall and handsome Bao CL, that's why you name after him! :D

Watch it! One day TCS may beat BCL! :rolleyes: :D :cool:
    Now I wonder which player would you support then? :)

19. erin_hakkinen

Business Student
    Yes..Arif Latif is Zakry's bro. Razif too. They have 10 siblings in total. Dunno about the eldest in their siblings but almost all play badminton. But only four in national level namely Zakry(24), Razif(22), Nairul Suhada (19) and Arif (18). their younger siblings play badminton too at state level.

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    They are pretty good too.. can eat me 21-0.