Victor Thruster K 8000 (TK8000 / K8000)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by apachesun, Oct 14, 2012.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    how does victor customize their rackets for their sponsored players?

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Exactly how the sponsored players want them :D It's likely (but not sure) that stars like LYD/KSH use rackets with different specs than the market version, for example LYD might use a stiffer, head heavier version of the Bs12 while Ko might have his K-8000 modified to be only a tad stiffer....many aren't too picky about the rackets though. It's really only the huge stars that get serious modifications, and over here in Europe they all use standard fare (which is completely sufficient - if you've got a class A sponsoring contract you basically have a limitless supply of rackets!).

3. gundamzaku

working professional
    maybe victor and yonex and li ning have different contracts in terms of customizations to their products but i would think if anyone who showed us that there's very little customizations it would be lin dan since he used both yonex and li ning and he still needs to put lead tape on his racket. if he was able to customize it then he wouldn't need to put tape on his past yonex and now li nings?

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i dont' know the details but there are certainly limits on what they can do.

if LD wants a super heavy racket equivalent to adding lead tape, Yonex may or may not able to do that. coz they may need to change the mold in order to accommodate the extra material. or the lead tape customization made by LD was experimental and will take too long a turnaround to go through Yonex.

i have been shown a racket that someone obtained directly from TH. and the racket is a repaint of another model and the grip size is G6.

i have also been told that LYD gets various specs of rackets and he can pick and choose which spec he likes to use. he probably has the liberty to choose which ever model and specs as he see fit on that day, depending on his form and his opponents.

5. gundamzaku

working professional
    G6, talk about small hands, or tremendous grip strength!!!

it's a good point you've made about LYD choosing different specs of the racket the day of the tournament, because it does makes sense...something i've never thought of, but very intuitive indeed!!!

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That racket must be great. To think that it produces an incredible smashing sound when he's using the Bs12 in the match, surely it's a new era..... *sarcasmoff
    He used the Bs12 for the entire match.

I've read that LD just likes to do it that way, even though LN offered to build the racket with specs that would practically imitate a lead taped AT700/N90 as we have it now. But someone stated that he likes to put on the athletic (not lead!) tape as part of the customization process that includes putting on the grip which every serious player has for their rackets.
    For example, I strip the racket bare, put a layer of insulation tape on the wood, add some athletic tape at the bottom of the handle for a slight edge/bulge, and put on the towel grip in a fashion that creates certain landmarks on the grip. While I am able to play with other/differently gripped rackets, this is the most comfortable way and in a serious, tight match the landmarks help me handle/grip the racket appropriately almost unconsciously.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Smaller grips don't really need more grip strength - they just give you more room for the gripping action. Too small might decrease your control though as it might slip through your fingers in certain situations...
    Also, I believe most pros will have a batch of rackets of one model with very very similar specs and not change very often. Changing the racket to accommodate your form is risky as it may be unfamiliar and at the level they play at, that can prove fatal. Anyone else ever see Lin Dan change the racket and search for over a minute for one that's practically the same as the last? He's probably one of the pickiest guys out there, but it seems to me he wouldn't bother unless he wants his specs to be consistent.

8. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    i hav been sometime not watching mr ko plays. but he definately smashed shuttle like 'birdie' in street fighter.

9. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Mr Ko aint using his TK8000 in Korea Open 2013 eh... maybe due to slower shuttle speed?

10. concretemad

engineer
    i saw one of his match against septano/ahsan....wow big mass jumping and hitting the shuttle....booomm.... but the next match against cy/fhf showed that powerful smashes doesnt translate to victory. better opponent will not let u excecute them easily and freq. needless to say, mr ko and co lost tamely in tat game.

11. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I guess he is not used to the racket. the repulsive caused him previous few game smash not so sharp. But just a guess, who know?

12. Ython

Ython Regular Member

He is playing better in this tournament.

13. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

both him and lyd uses bs12 right?

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yep, both using the Bs12.

15. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSvTwqJ0ASw#t=45m09s

16. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Been thought LYD will be using new BS Lyd N and KSY will be using his Tk8000 in korea open but sadly nope.. maybe during coming MO or AE ?

17. concretemad

engineer
    shuld not be sad, shall we? bs12 is cheaper than either of that wat.

18. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    look like BS12 suit they playing style

19. Yellowfish

Yellowfish Regular Member

sales
    One of the sport shop in Shanghai told me, TK 8000 will be in store tomorrow and is selling for RMB 1000.

20. madara

madara Regular Member

Any information about legend 2 ?
    Is that Victor racket?