Victor Super Waves 37

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Jan 27, 2011.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    guys. have you guys missed the most important part of the F=ma equation?

it is not m, it is not a.

it is F. F means how much force YOU have.

when you have large F, then 1/2 mv^2 will be maximized.

*now back to regular scheduled programming....*

2. visor

visor Regular Member

dang!

this means that i'll have to go and buy a whole bunch of rackets with various combinations of head heavy vs balanced, stiff vs. medium, power vs speed cross section!

only then will i know what will work best for me!

this is going to be an expensive hobby! :D

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    lolz. Yeah, buying new rackets to try is such a burden!

4. gendruw

gendruw Regular Member

i'll be happy to be the guinea pig :)
    btw, this guy is a regular in our courts and one of those with powerful smashes.

5. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    wow thanks very much man
    are you sure you're in the right position?
    I'll be happy to swap with you since you're also a big smasher
    I'll lend the rackets (SW37, SW35, MX80) and let you do the smash while I defend using my BS10

6. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    @gendruw is an example of a big bomber with a medium stiff and even balanced rackets
    he uses Carlton Power Blade 9902

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @jump-smash
    based on your body measure, for me you are quite similar to Lin dan,:D :D, no joke.;)

@jump-smash & gendruw
    A friend of mine is playing together with your group in Jakarta, been hearing a lot about you guys high level of play.
    If possible, i wanna join you guys group, whenever i visit Jakarta for learning purposes, i am still newbie here....:p

8. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    who is your friend???
    which one??? there are 30 ~ 40 people in our group (gendruw is the Leader)
    and we use 4 courts
    it's difficult to know everyone there because we are busy playing
    so no time to talk with each other

9. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    aahhh yes !!! that's the ultimate truth ;)

10. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    If that tiny un-intrusive and un-offensive comment annoyed you, I actually pity you. I think you need to lighten up mate. And how am I ill informed when I merely stated the information Yonex themselves state? Also, here's how the Z Slash stacks on the racket chart. There's only 3-4 rackets at the time of creation that are head heavier (obviously now a few others are, such as the VT80).

[​IMG]

Imo, 290mm isn't actually very head heavy on reflection. Then again, maybe compared to most rackets out there it still is. Just not compared to some of the biggest power rackets. Such as the N90, SW35, VT80 etc.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Ah, but with the sw35 he'll be drilling holes in the ground! :eek:

Btw, having both of you taking turns on the receiving end would be an excellent idea!

12. visor

visor Regular Member

@Maklike

Very unusual for you to comment to me and Naim like you did.
    Cordial you've been always.
    Oh well, just like in badminton, we all have our on days and off days. Go get some sleep or some coffee, whichever will help.

13. mail43249

mail43249 Regular Member

I have the Z slash. Actually it doesnt not feel stiff at all. Not very head heavy too in my opinion. But the z-slash weight a fair bit. I weighed it at 98g with PU grip. In comparison, my SW35 only weighs 94g, YY NS9900 at 93g.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

@Naim

In all fairness to Maklike, the Z plays quite flexy and slight head heavy. Even though it's rated stiff, but because of the longer shaft it plays flexy. Power wise, the extra oomph (and speed) comes from the hybrid iso-oval smaller head, which has a more potent sweet spot. But unfortunately, the sweet spot is also smaller, which makes it hard for most iso users to adjust to.

15. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Chart

The chart also not very accurate in my opinion.

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

No offence guys' but most of this has nothing to do with the SW37:p

So anyway, I an interested in this new SW37, If it can hit just as hard as the 35 then it will be a good racket.:)

Didn't the SW35 have a unique KP in comparison to other rackets ? I always thought this.

The Z Slash is even balanced and Medium stiff, not head heavy, anyway this is nothing to do with the SW37 really.

I am not too sure I will be buying this racket though, frankly, I can't afford 3 more rackets, as I want other stuff as well, and I am more than happy with the SW35. Sure I will test it out, but I think that's as far as I will go with this racket.

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    What would help if that if people who agree with me not berate me for 'talking like that' when they actually agree with me, and if people that have never used a racket stop telling me what they are and how they play by quoting charts.

:)

18. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Ok, I think you need a low down on forum etiquette. Firstly, no one is telling you anything, or berating you for anything either. We, all of us in this discussion, are merely offering our opinions which are based off of whatever knowledge we do or do not have. If you can't accept a difference of opinion and let it "annoy" you, maybe you don't belong in discussion forums? Because one thing you're going to find a lot of on here is differences in opinion, just by the nature of things. Such is the case with all forums.

Secondly appreciate another thing, often properties of rackets are subjective to the user. What might be medium stiff to you could be stiff to someone else, or flexible to someone else. It all boils down to personal ability, strength and so on. There's even differences in rackets among the same models, due to manufacturing discrepancies.

The reason I quoted Yonex's charts and ratings was because it was the best record I had on offer. I have actually used a Z Slash (mentioned in posts before) and found it to be head heavier than my 8DX. But on to Yonex's ratings, the thing you have to appreciate is official ratings are often less subjective than user ratings since users do not have the same vast sampling as manufacturers do. Manufacturers have sampled each and every one of their products from the very head lightest, to the head heaviest, so the ballpark to what could be considered head heavy or light may be different to what a user finds as such, since his or her experience with rackets will likely be vastly less expansive.

Bare that in mind as well when discussing these things. Your notion of the properties of a racket is not the gospel, appreciate that others, even manufacturers themselves may have different opinions.

19. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I think you need the lowdown on LIFE ettiquette, which essentially involves when you don't know what you're talking about, you shut up and listen.

You're not entitled to your opinion if you're wrong, but I am however entitled to tell you that you're wrong, especially when you haven't played with a racket extensively, quote one manufacturers chart to attempt to ascertain how a racket plays, have done no research on the racket, and even ignored FOUR people on this very page who agree with me.

If you don't like being called out when you're wrong, then maybe you should just crawl up in a cupboard somewhere and not come out. Your ego will be safer that way.

UNSUBSCRIBE.

Now back to our usual programming......

#79 Maklike Tier, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  20. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    What an idiotic post. Also comparing a forum discussion to life, real classy.

Dude, you seriously need to take a chill pill. Your posts are persistently toxic. Crack open a beer, go get yourself laid, or go play some badminton or something. Because you have some real anger issues going on.

Also, I said the racket was stiff (not very stiff) and head heavy (which is not to say very head heavy as previously discussed, just not imo evenly balanced). And I've used a lot more than just one racket standard. I don't need to search the forum to adapt my own opinion. Only reason I'd do that is to find out other people's opinions, which I fully appreciate and respect. What I don't appreciate and respect are rude antagonising posters such as yourself, constantly on attack and downplaying others. It's childish and immature.

There is clearly no wrong or right here so stop acting like your opinion is gospel and all challenges are bogus. A few people have said it's slightly head heavy (like I said earlier), others more evenly balanced. Clearly there's a difference of opinion here.

Ultimately, who cares? It's a minor moot point. Certainly nothing to get your panties in a twist over, or get "annoyed" or "berated" over either.

#80 Naim.F.C, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011