Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Most of us acknowledge that at his best, Koo Kien Keat's fanciful net shots are simply awesome to watch :cool: However, when you put Tan Boon Heong to the net, he will simply wilt....

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Off topic a bit :
    Lim Khim Wah is still in MD with Mak, I saw their names in India Open line up.
    Other MD : Chan Peng Soon/Chang Hung Pin in back-up squad. They can also be included in the 'experiments' if Rashid Sidek agrees.

Lim, Wee Kiong, Hui Lin, play both doubles & XD. Woon KW's regular WD partner dunno go where. That's why Woon partnered Ooi sthing (he he, I cant seem to get her name right) during MO 2008, then Hui Lin during KO 2008. Now Hui Lin back with her regular partner Goh.

#182 eaglehelang, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

What no frontman in their partnership? KKK is the frontman and the playmaker in the partnership, if his performance drop he should be the 1 who needs to buck up rather than trying hard to be the hero on court.
    If what Rexy said was true that KKK dont trust TBH anymore, i suppose he might still be blaming TBH's mistakes for the loses.

4. cute_tbh

cute_tbh Regular Member

just a thought...

it is obvious that now, most people in this thread are either complaining or comdemning this pair...and sometimes those criticisms are pointed straight on the head of kkk...
    if i could recall, there is this one person, who always, if not constantly, condemning, not only on the success of the pair (if the pair lost - condemn, the pair won-also condemned: never satisfy), but also the style, the hair, the jewellery, the attitude- in short, everything...and among these points of condemnation, most that is being talked about is kkk's attitude, how he likes to show off his skill and how he will shout or scream whenever he or his partner does well or gain points...

i'm just wondering, other players also do the same..and at this point of time..i think other players, for example, he han bin..i think he is one of the most show off players on court...sorry to say, but he shouts and screams, i think more than any other players, heck, more than kkk...but people dont really care about he han bin's show off attitude, or other players, they just care about kkk...why? i think the answer is- people are jealous...they just cant stand that there are players who can have style, can wear jewellery, and at the same time can won tournaments...

so what the heck, they are not in a winning position now...talk about their strengths, talk about their weaknesses,why must talk about their personal choice of style and on court attitude...other players have that as well, rite..so what's the wrong for kkk/tbh to have that too...

and just to point out here, kkk's so called show-off attitude, is not a show-off - he has the skills, and like other players, he just displaying them-and he displayed them well..and because of that, he has the right to celebrate it by shouting or screaming or jumping or whatever...

in malay, there's this statement - "kalau memang dah tak puas hati tu, semua yang orang tu buat, semua akan tak betul..."

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    It is not that fair actually only to blame KKK for the poor result of the pair recently. IT'S A TEAM PLAY. BOTH ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POOR RESULT.

BUT the main reason why they cant do it? We are only badminton's supporters, what comment we made are only very personal in point of view. JUST LISTEN TO WHAT THEIR COACH, REXY COMMENT ON THE MATTER. HE IS THE ONE WHO HAVE THE CLEAR PICTURE ON WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS PAIR.

And several times Rexy's finger's has pointed to KKK.

6. morphy

morphy Regular Member

Is quite funny reading comments from KKK fanbois or fangals rather. I guess every flashy, precocious baddy star has to have their own teenybopper groupies just like Britney (ironic that comparison with her and KKK was brought up also :D).

7. morphy

morphy Regular Member

It wasn't a condemnation so much as a desire to see him act more as a professional badminton player rather than a has-been rock star. In other words its time to grow up.

As for "(if the pair lost - condemn, the pair won-also condemned: never satisfy)", it depends on how those criticism are brought about. If it was condemnation for condemnation's sake then obviously its silly but I do recall Pemuda's comments on KKK/TBH even at their peak how he was pointing out misgivings and flaws in their game while everyone was still caught up in their hype. And if those flaws weren't corrected it will come up and bite them in the a$$ and that's what's happening. You can't blame someone for being right no matter how much you don't like to hear what he said. To do so is to put one's head in the proverbial sand.
    what can I say...only a true rabid fangal/boi can come up with that reason. And if I recall they havent been winning either ..so why would anyone suddenly become jealous of someone who is LOSING. :confused: Please spare me.

The kkk/tbh fanboism is really showing off. Maybe KKK/TBH should not just split up but quit pro badminton altogether and form their own Cantonese pop duo. They'd be a huge hit. Too bad Twins name is already taken..need to come up with something else. I'm sure they'll still retain the same fans probably even get bigger, more famous and make more $$$ than when they were playing badminton.
    ..and the best part about it is they can still keep their blonde do! :D

#187 morphy, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  8. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    morphy, can I be your fanboi/fangal?

-dave

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    The kkk/tbh fanboism is really showing off. Maybe KKK/TBH should not just split up but quit pro badminton altogether and form their own Cantonese pop duo. They'd be a huge hit. Too bad Twins name is already taken..need to come up with something else. I'm sure they'll still retain the same fans probably even get bigger, more famous and make more $$$ than when they were playing badminton.
    ..and the best part about it is they can still keep their blonde do! :D[/quote]

Well, too bad TBH can't even sing a complete sentense for a song :D
    BTW, They must get through Simon Coldwell first :p

10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

After reading today's NST article, i should say that KKK's disappointing attitude is pulling TBH down, they should split up after OG. TBH will be better of with Zakry (since Fairuz is prone to mind short circuit :))

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Then we'll have one Shortie & one Tallie. Very interesting to watch.

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

If we look around at the top pairs out there now like MK/HS, Cai/Fu, TG/CW, JJS/LYD etc you will not find one with an overdosed of accessories i.e. gold rings, bracelets, coloured hairdos and all. They are all grounded and focused. In short, they are pro shuttlers not some wanna be pop star or Ah Long.

The problem with our Malaysian badminton players are once they win one major title .. or etc, in KKK/TBH's case, a good run of bagging the AG gold, then the AE and SO last year, things got to their heads. Somehow our system do not have the checks and balances to bring these shuttlers back down to earth. Instead of taking out the whip, our politicians further compounded the problem by taking them on a parade.

However, I believe it is still not too late for KKK/TBH, but they must do away with the big time Charlie attitude and they gotta do away with it fast cos' time is running out. Failing to do so, what we are seeing now with Hafiz, we will see in KKK/TBH for sure.

KKK/TBH really gotta shape up. Go back to basics and start looking like pro shuttlers on court rather than some Ah Longs or wanna be HK pop stars. Cancel all product promotion deals etc and just work with Rexy. Back to basics stuff actually.

As for Rexy, I doubt the man will be staying past this year. Infact, I got a feeling he may either quit for real after or maybe even before the Olympics. And this is a waste. We are just unable to make full use of this legend who has done it all during his playing days.

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Ace pair faces Olympic axe

Quoted from the NST:

WORLD No 3 doubles pair Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong face the possibility of being axed from the Beijing Olympic Games contingent if the former does not improve on his discipline.

National doubles coach Rexy Mainaky, never one to berate his charges in the media, has labelled Kien Keat as "big headed and non-committal" and lacks focus both on and off the court.

"I have spoken to Kien Keat about it several times but he does not want to listen. He is too big headed and even his partner Boon Heong is fed-up with him," said Rexy yesterday when contacted in Basel where the Swiss Open is being played.

"The thing that frightens me the most is the rumours I have been hearing about his lifestyle. If women are the main reason for his downfall, he better stay away from the sport.

"Let's see what happens in the coming weeks. If he does not improve, I will have no choice but to drop them from the Olympics."

Rexy said that he had the option of dropping Kien Keat-Boon Heong as two other pairs are in the top-16 bracket.

Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah, semi-finalists at the recent All-England Championships and Swiss Open, are World No 4 while Mohd Zakry Latif-Mohd Fairuzizuan are ranked 14.

"At this stage, both these pairs have a better chance of winning an Olympic medal in Beijing compared to them (Kien Keat-Boon Heong).

"I hope that if I am forced to drop the Kien Keat and Boon Heong combination, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) will fully support my decision."

Kien Keat-Boon Heong, after a fantastic outing last year, have failed to make an impact so far this year.

In the Malaysian Open season opener in January, they lost in the second round before being shown the door in the first round of the All-England.

In the Swiss Open, which concluded yesterday, Kien Keat and Boon Heong fell in the second stage.

The scary thing is that all of their losses have been against lower ranked opponents.

However, Rexy said he had no plans to quit as national doubles coach.

"I will commit to my contract till it expires in 2009," he said.

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    If women are the main reason for his downfall, he better stay away from the sport.

Wow ! Finally and as expected the Charlie fall into Pink's trap :p

15. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    it sounds like rexy will only stay on until his contract ends. and i can't believe i am saying this, but pemuda might have been right about KKK. not about the accessories and the blonde hairdo but maybe the arrogant attitude and the lackadaisical approach to training.

but i do still hope for a turnaround. they can play so well together and it is a shame to let other matters cloud their judgement and break their pairing.

16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    kkk/tbh will bounce back.
    rexy will stay.
    It is well understandable.

17. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    know something?
    sometimes being a simple spongebob is the greatest life u could ever have.
    Ask something simple.Lead a simple life.
    hard to be loyal.Im trying my best.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It's going to be interesting..

...first, KKK was with CCM...Now, he's with TBH and their partnership is in danger of collapsing. Will KKK have a new MD partner soon??..:confused:

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    It is always possible.
    Just hope it wont be now.I personally was not ready.
    With osh,ccm n tbh.Kkk did give something with each of his partners.
    Recognise the achievements.At least in part of it.

20. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Oh no..This is really serious problem...Is he really this kind of person???His image may ruin after this article has been posted..:rolleyes::rolleyes:He is just 21 years old and already fooling around with womens???I hope this is not true..