Victor SH-A850

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sealman, Dec 11, 2012.

1. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

Is the tongue a molded sock lining like the SH9000's and Some yonex models. (I don't like the normal tongue which just has a single band of elastic connecting it, which doesn't snug my foot into the shoe)

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

The sides look like they are mesh. Are these shoes really breathable because of this? Trying to find a shoe that will air out a little quicker than my 102's

3. gnoils

gnoils Regular Member

Very interested in this shoes. Hope to see more reviews soon.

4. tyshk

tyshk Regular Member

Got my pair of SH 850 O few days ago, and tried them for 2 consecutive nights. Found that the front part of the shoes is kinda tight, I think is because of the Energymax insole. I replaced the insole with my old SHB 92MX now they're perfectly fit!!

It is kinda a combine of SHB 65CF and SHB 92MX, comfy + supportive!

5. gnoils

gnoils Regular Member

Do you have wide feet?

6. tyshk

tyshk Regular Member

For the tightness in the front sole, I meant it's from the top and bottom, not from side ways.

7. judycabacang

judycabacang Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    I already try this model (SH-A850O). So far it was really comfortable in my feet. It is really eye catching because of the color and the style. [h=2][/h]

8. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    About the bottom sole of the shoes, is the really a hole there? a particularly small round hole

9. yingchai

yingchai Regular Member

consultant
    where can I get this one in KL?

10. dollargood

dollargood Regular Member

price of this shoe?

11. visor

visor Regular Member

@KB@TB Em

How do these compare to your 8500 and 9000 in terms of cushion, comfort, support, speed, etc?

12. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    The 850 seems to be a bit smaller, at least I feel the most comfartable in the 8500 after wearing all three. All three are topclass shoes.

Cushion: 9000 > 8500 = 850 (with the new trinetic technology the 9000 seems to be pretty fast and cushioning)
    Comfort: 8500 > 9000 > 850 (but this could be bc my 850 feels a bit smaller than the other two)
    Support: 9000 > 8500 = 850 (somehow I think I can move easier in the 8500 and 850 because the 9000 is amlost too stabilizing)
    Speed: 9000 = 8500 = 850 (maybe the 9000 is a bit faster with the new trinetic technology)

I believe it comes to personal preferences because all three are very nice to wear.
    For me: 8500 > 850 > 9000

13. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Can someone pls advise if the Victor shoe sizes are similar to the Yonex? ie Yonex 8.5US is similar to Victor 8.5US?

14. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I am 265mm in Yonex and the same size in Victor. I've known a number of players who would agree with me and a couple who required one size larger.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

15. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i guess there isn't a lot of reviews on this shoe that i'm very excited about so i will go ahead and do so.

i bought these in orange since i love flashy things, but it's so flashy that it sometimes took my focus off the shuttle :( i bought them from Racket Supply in Cupertino for $98USD. i wear a size 10.5US and this pair is a 10.5US.

when i first saw it i thought it would be very heavy because of all the shiny stuff, but as it turned out, it's a great design. i say this because it has very little leather on the shoe, which i believe is the cause for the shoe being so light compared to my yonex shb101ltd. the soft plastic mesh near the front of the foot is great. it's soft, so there's not break in period like that of a leather shoe. the insole is wonderful because it's gridded like that of the yonex shb101ltd i had since 2009. some say it makes no differences, to me, it helps a tiny bit in stopping from shuffling my feet.

upon looking at the built, it's not the best. you can still see glue residue along the edges where the lower meets the upper part of the shoe. but after playing for one 5hr session, it still looked ok. the best part of it is the tongue. most badminton shoes are pulled inward by an elastic band to keep it from shifting to the sides of your foot. this elastic band is maybe 30% tighter, which I LOVE!!!! comparing this new pair of shoes with a new pair of yonex shb86ex which i just bought as well, the tongue on these shoes are way way better. feels more secure, less discomfort!!!! one problem and just one only with this tongue, is that it doesn't extend far out of the shoe enough, so after you lace it, it feels like it's cutting into your foot, or actually into the section of your leg where your shin meets your foot. it's not really cutting since it's soft enough, but if i have to be picky, that would be the only problem.

exterior rubber on the bottom gives great grip, even better than my new yonex shb86ex. however, i have a pair of yr old mizuno fangs xt and that has the grippiest rubber still!!!

upon lacing the shoe, i feel that i get support from every lace, meaning the shoe actually fits the shape of the back of my foot!!! this gives me a lot more confidence on the court in regards with my footwork.

i've always thought lightweight shoes might not be as "strong" but this has proven me completely wrong. no longer do i need the lateral claws!!! however, the little diamond shaped thingy on the outer side of the shoe does act as a stabilizer for lateral movement, which adds to my confidence in my footwork.

i always believe that footwork is one of the two most important thing in badminton, and with a great pair of shoes that fits, it'll only benefit you, and this pair certain has.

i do not work for victor and they didn't give me money for this review.

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, agree with your review.

A tad heavier and bulkier than my previous 9000, but way more comfy and cushiony.

One minor niggle though, the covering material by the medial aspect by the big toe is not as sturdy as 9000. Already have some moderate scuffing on the trailing shoe after 12hr use, whereas the 9000 was good for months.

17. gundamzaku

working professional
    i will have a big problem with this because my playing style makes me drag my non racket foot all the time and usually that is the first indication of the durability of the shoe. if 12hr is the limit mark, then i will see it during my second session with the shoe :( of course it really depends on how hard one drag one's foot, but for me, using the yonex shb86ex i notice scuffing even during the first few hours playing on hardwood gym floor, which is, imho, more slippery than badminton matted floors. and i also drag my foot more when i play singles which makes sense since i'm responsible for retrieving all the shots in singles, but i was playing mixed doubles with the yonex.

back to the victor shoes, i have not notice any scuffing on these A850o yet after 3hrs of singles and 2hrs of doubles. it could be possible that the day i played with these shoes i had more energy so i'm quicker on my feet (rarely) or that because these are new at the time i was being careful with it by tip toe-ing around the court (stupid and rarely).

18. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Nice review. worth the time reading it

19. gundamzaku

working professional
    an update of this shoe after 4 sessions of 3-4hrs each sessions with equal time playing singles and doubles. i have absolutely no problem with the shoe playing doubles, but playing singles, there is one big problem.

the side wall of the shoe, because it's not composed mostly of leather (which i thought it was a good thing at a time), i didn't get much support. especially thru lateral movement, a lot of times i can sense and feel the tacky bottom sole being stuck to the ground (which is a good thing) but the side of the shoe gave out and i'm losing grip on the shoe itself as if my foot is going to fall out of the shoe tho i tried tying my shoe as tightly as possible.

this only happens when i'm out of position (in trouble) and my opponent is more in control of the rally. sudden movement might cause problems too when i inject whatever pace i can on my legs. as soon as i push off, i lose support.

a good thing i noticed is that the toe area isn't worn out yet after 4 sessions of playing. i inspect it careful so i can compare it with other shoes, and this pair of shoes have the most durable toe area of all the shoes i've worked with. my mizuno get scuffed right away, so did my yonex shb86ex, and even my old yonex shb101ltd.

but in comparison to my yonex shb86ex, this shoe is inferior, and compared to the yonex shb101ltd, it's night and day. tho i'm still trying to find the best balance between support and light weight, i'd rather have a relatively heavier shoe but give you "ultra" support, than the other way around.

if you have a similar body mass proportion like me, 180lb, 5'10", muscular built, then this shoe is not for you. of course my body shape is not the best to play badminton with :(

#79 gundamzaku, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  20. visor

visor Regular Member

^ would tying the laces tighter help?