Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    nice analysis badMania ;)

it is a pity to see Febe performance....
    she has a good skill and a good footwork actually...
    last year, she can play very well against ratchanok inthanon....

dont know why, this year she has a down period....

return to Djarum is the best for her....

2. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    I totally agree to badMania's argument.
    The WS departement need to build their perfomances from IC level of tourney.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Looking at the draw in WS next week, Maria Febe Kusumastuti will possibly face Han Li in the first round. Adriyanti Firdasari and Bellaetrix Manuputty are also unlikely to beat Liu Xin [4] and Jiang Yanjiao [1] respectively. Three first-round casualties are on the card.

As for the rest, Lindaweni Fanetri (if she has recovered) [7] and Hera Desi are scheduled to meet each other in R16. The winner is likely to face Bae Youn Joo [3] in the QF.

Finally, even if Aprilia Yuswandari can beat Tee Jing Yee in R32, she's unlikely to beat Sung Ji Hyun [2] in R16.

4. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    by the way, where is Rani Mundiasti now. is she a coach?
    last time I know her name is in the late 2008, when she and Jo Novita play in Japan Open.

5. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Hmm..
    Olympic is coming shortly.
    I think only Tantowi/Lilyana have chance for medal.
    As for Simon, the best that he can reach might be QF. He can go as far as SF and go for Bronze if drawing at his side.
    The next that can go relatively far is Bona/Ahsan, but they might stop at QF.
    Too bad that Kido/Hendra may not qualify if they continue their form. They might have chance for medal.
    As for the other, no chance at all.
    So, it is likely that INA's Olympic gold medal tradition may end by 2012 :(

6. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    Olympic gold medalist calls for better recruitment

Agnes Winarti, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Fri, 12/02/2011 7:55 AM

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/12/02/olympic-gold-medalist-calls-better-recruitment.html

The 1992 Barcelona Olympics gold medalist Susy Susanti urged the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) to recruit more young shuttlers to give them enough time to mature to world-class levels.

“The younger the talent we recruit to the national training camps, the better, said Susy, who joined the PBSI national training camp in Cipayung when she was 15.

“Ideally, they are recruited at age 15, so that there will be some three to four years for them to be molded,” said the four-time All England champion.

Susy also mentioned her successor, “Miracle Girl” Mia Audina, who began training at 14. Mia won Olympic silver medals in Athens and Atlanta.

“In my experience, recruiting talent by the time they are 18 is just a little too late because they are more difficult to mold and direct, both in terms of their mind-set and technique,” said the 40-year-old mother of three.

The 1993 World Champion pointed out Thailand’s achievements in developing young shuttlers, as seen in their current three-time world junior champion Ratchanok Intanon, who is 16.

Improving how the PBSI runs its talent-scouting program is neccessary, Susy added, saying that the talent did not always need to be those who won every tournament.

“Sharp observation and planned talent-scouting is crucial. We can see from their drive, motivation, attitude, technique, intelligence and posture,” she said.

However, the PBSI has their own explanation.

“We never put an age limit on recruitment, actually. But Susy and Mia were exceptional cases,” PBSI head of athletic development Hadi Nasri told The Jakarta Post on Thursday.

“Our main sources of talent are the clubs, and we have been urging them to produce younger talent, but we have not yet found much young talent already displaying the exceptional quality as Susy and Mia did,” Hadi said, citing the youngest shuttlers currently in the national camp were 18-year-olds Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah and Suci Rizki Andini, who play in the women’s doubles.

Susy criticized the singles and doubles specialization as a waste of talent.

“In the old days, even the adult shuttlers played in the singles and doubles. Applying specialization since a junior age is just a waste of talent. Once they can’t perform in their specialty, they will be sacked.”

“Playing in two or three sectors at once is a natural way to strengthen the players’ physique and to learn to keep focus for every match. The more often they play matches, they will also get used to the pressure, both from opponents and spectators,” Susy said, recalling how, during her golden years, she played women’s singles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles.

“When I was a junior, I played up to six matches a day because the semifinals and the finals were held on the same day. I won in all three sectors. It was an effective way of training for me, although I passed out the next day,” Susy said with a laugh.

Susy also highlighted the importance staying injury-free, as it has been an issue among Indonesia’s ace shuttlers such as Greysia Polii, Adriyanti Firdasari and Sony Dwi Kuncoro.

“Regretfully, some of our national shuttlers since they were juniors have been hampered by injuries. Training sessions, for example, must be customized to the needs of each athlete,” Susy said, expressing her concern for 2008 Beijing Olympic bronze medalist Maria Kristin, whose performance afterward was clouded by years of injuries.

“Injury harms both the shuttler’s skills and mind. It is the homework for athletes and coaches to prevent injuries from happening,” Susy said.

With the upcoming 2012 London Olympics, where Indonesia hopes to emulate the golden glory that was pioneered in 1992 by Susy and her husband, Alan Budikusuma, Susy encouraged the country’s shuttlers to arm themselves with strong wills.

“Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir in the mixed doubles as well as Bona Septano and M. Ahsan in the men’s doubles both have great chances, but they need to work extra hard within the remaining six months. They have to realize that this opportunity will never come twice. Everything is up to them,” said Susy.

“Back then, in 1992, Alan was not top seeded; it was Ardy [B. Wiranata] who was mandated [by the PBSI] to win the gold. But Alan won the gold. I hope that story can inspire our current shuttlers, despite many who may have doubted [their ability].”

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I am totally agree with your points above.

Tantowi/Lilyana chance is not that big as well, but judging by current performances of all PBSI Squads, only they that has highest possibility of continuing INA Gold tradition at badminton.

MK/HS simply haven't found the right tune on their performance.
    If they are able to beat CY/FHF & LYD/JJS by London OG 2012, they deserve a chance.
    Bona/Ahsan, performance wise, still below those top MD.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Letting the players go to the SS Finals with no coach??? What are PBSI thinking???

9. jetan7485

jetan7485 Regular Member

I wonder korea md also without their main coach..

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

For the purpose of discussion, let me repost my response to Hau-Ge's comments (including his original comments) in this thread.

[​IMG] Originally Posted by huangkwokhau [​IMG]
    INA's system is different......if we keep changing players...even now..There is strong rumour that Djarum and Jaya Raya may not give their players to Pelatnas ( except XD) as they felt that many of their players were not given chance or being split and being kicked out later....it is a bit complex...

Let me ask you if the winner of Kejurnas has to be IN in Cipayung..do you think Senatria deserves to be part of pelatnas as he has not performed well before( had been demoted)....or Ocoy which has been criticized for not performing ...did not do well in Kejurnas or any tournaments..Li Mao wanted to kick her out...but being Runner UP..she is given a chance as other officials argue that INA WS junior has not been in any podium in WJC......now we all know that it is tough for Ocoy to perform well in future...will you kick her out and give her another chance?

I heard Djarum is worried that later on their players might be kicked out if they dont perform well in first 2 years..so I heard they prefer to groom their own players from now on..also Djarum may not pass their WD and MD players to Pelatnas next year .....thats more complex that you think....

PBSI wanted to demote many players especially in MS and WS but Li Mao thinks some of their players may be performing late....now there is BIG battles between PBSI and Li Mao which believes some of MS juniors are good...and need time under his guidance...

My Responses:
    1. To one extent, I do agree that players should be given enough time AND ENOUGH TOURNAMENT EXPOSURE once they are in Pelatnas to see whether they can make the cut. The second part is something that is probably not given enough to ALL the players in Pelatnas (esp the so-called Pratama players). I prefer to see PBSI giving them at least 10 tourneys a year and then check their progress after a year to see if they meet certain target ranking.

For players like Rendy/Afiat and Rijal/Debby, they have been around for about 2 years at least (correct me if I am wrong) but their rankings still cannot go up to the top 20! Rijal/Debby were given 10 tourneys last year and 16 tourneys this year! Sadly, they NEVER REACH the Final and are still at WR21! For Rendy/Afiat, they were given 8 tourneys last year and 12 tourneys (plus the Summer Universiade) this year. Again, their best result is a SF finish and they are still at WR36. Should we give more time to them???

But then, for players like Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan, who were actually progressing well last year despite participating in 5 tourneys, they at least won the Indonesia IC 2010 and reached SF in Malaysia IC 2010. Yet, they were split up last year and ended up performing even worse than the original partnership this year.

So, to a certain extent, I like the idea of Djarum and Jaya Raya actually grooming their own players. For example: Praveen Jordan/Didit Juang Indrianto, who are certainly not going to enter Pelatnas, I actually like them and I do think they have some potential as we can see their results in Sirnas in the Open Division this year with a SF finish in most tourneys despite their young age!

2. As I mentioned in the other thread, Elyzabeth Purwaningtyas deserves at least 1 more year in Pelatnas as she at least show that she can win the WJC runner-up medal this year. It's fair....good performance deserves to be rewarded. If she cannot fulfill a specific target by end of next year, then, by all means, kick ker out.

3. Like I said, I actually like the idea. Going to Pelatnas may not be the best idea for some players. In particular, this applies quite a lot to Djarum doubles players like Jenna Gozali, Mohd Ulinnuha, Berry Angriawan, etc, whom I think perform better when they were in Djarum as compared to Pelatnas.

4. I also agree that once you are out, you can no longer enter Pelatnas again. The same applies for Tommy Sugiarto and Alamsyah Yunus, whom I think it's better for them to remain outside Pelatnas and at the same time also achieving good results.

While I agree that the problem is complex, I think it could be solved if PBSI can write a contract with the players whenever they first enter Pelatnas. Specify what are the targets that THEY SHOULD ACHIEVE within the first 2 years, but also tell them how many tourneys they will be sent to (preferably at least 10 and according to their level). Then, evaluate their performance after 2 years and decide accordingly. At the moment, there is no clear performance-based evaluation system that is applied to all players (including the first-team players) and that's why some of them underachieve, whereas the newer players are left wondering whether they are really better off to be in Pelatnas.

11. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Pertamina delivers Rp 2b in support to PBSI
    The Jakarta Post | Mon, 12/19/2011 9:54 AM

JAKARTA: State oil company Pertamina has given an additional Rp 2 billion (US$219,000) to support the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) for further development of the sport in the country.

Pertamina, which has served as a so-called “foster parent” to Indonesian badminton since preparation began for the recent 26th Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games), hoped that Indonesian shuttlers would maintain their spirit and continue to work hard to regain the nation’s achievements demonstrated within the sport during the 1990s and early 2000s.

“Indonesia has a potential future in badminton, but recently we have not performed well enough. It requires strong desire to reach achievement,” Pertamina president director Karen Agustiawan said while extending support to the sports federation in Jakarta on Sunday.

As foster parent, Pertamina had previously donated Rp 2 billion to support the SEA Games preparations.

PBSI chief Joko Santoso appreciated Pertamina’s consistent assistance after the Games. “We will make an assessment over the use of all financial support.
    We have four posts of expenses, which are sending shuttlers to matches overseas, sending coaches and referees to various training sessions, health-related needs, as well as organizing regular training, including hiring motivators,” Joko told reporters.

Joko said that the association could spend up to Rp 40 billion a month when it needs to send athletes to overseas tournaments.

PBSI thus far sees Yonex and Djarum as its main sponsors.

source : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/12/19/pertamina-delivers-rp-2b-support-pbsi.html

#2411 miksss, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  12. miksss

miksss Regular Member

I think it should be 40 billion a year.

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

FYI,,,not easy just to split the players as you know...Rendy wanted to split from Afiat but who can become his better partner right now? not now....so he ahs to wait until next year probably.....
    Also only so far Djarum and Jaya Raya/Mutiara can afford to groom their players and have financial back up to do so...other clubs cant do that...
    PBSI is trying to change the contract for players next year..less but more with bonus to keep them motivated...

Again...in Richard's eyes, Rizal/Debby are still better....

Please remember that China is calling back their players now as they do n ot have many stocks as we think...Recently Wang xin and now Han Li....and China still retains Lu Yi, Zhou Wen Long.etc...even China did not just kick their players out...there is something we need to consider...
    Zheng Bo got kicked out, not because of his results..but rather for his behaviours.....

As I said before...it is abit complex..not because PBSI can not kick them out but there is a concern from the coaches who think they may bloom late...and clubs who supplies the players to Cipayung may have a say as well....even there is a guidelines...PBSI does write the contract but in some cases.PBSI fails also to fulfill its obligations to players...so not fair just to kick them out...

14. miksss

miksss Regular Member

source : http://bataviase.co.id/node/913869

The summary only : This year
    ,PB PBSI budgeted cost of Rp 40 billion for operations,including sending athletes overseas.The amount is actually not ideal for preparation for the Olympics.Consequently,PB PBSI should cut the number of young athletes are dispatched to tournaments abroad.Funds are used to dispatch more likely to athletes who won Olympic points.

For the needs of next year,PBSI received an injection of fund Rp 2 billion from PT Pertamina.PB PBSI Chairman Djoko Santoso,said the fund will be allocated to various needs, ranging from sending athletes to health monitoring.

#2414 miksss, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  15. miksss

miksss Regular Member

I agree with reducing the amount of the contract and replaced it with bonus instead. Oh, but don't Richard realise Rijal/Debby result is so bad? I think they never create any upset to top pairs, mostly lost meekly even.

Anyway hauge, do you think Djarum will let Gloria, Lukhi to enter pelatnas next year?

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Richard has the reason to keep them for now...I cant say it here....Even Richard wont split or kick Irfan/Weni as he feels guilty not to focus on them at all..thats another reason Richard may need another assistant to help him..

I believe Lukhi,Gloria, Annisa and Alfian will go to Pelatnas....

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That's also the problem of having too many players/pairs in Pelatnas.

I still remember in 2004-2006, right after the Athen Olympics, we only have these players:
    MD - Flandy/Eng Hian, Candra/Sigit (reunited again in late 2004), Luluk/Alvent, and emerging players like Hendra/Kido and AG/Joko.....a total of only 5 pairs.

Compare this with now, where we have 3 first-team pairs (Bona/Ahsan, Rian/Angga, Rendy/Afiat) and 4 second-team pairs (Agripinna/Markus, Ricky/Ulin, Berry/Rahmat, Andrei/Christopher).

MS - only Taufik, Sony, and Simon. No Pratama players I believe.

Now, even the Pratama players alone we have like at least 7 (Vito, Riyanto, Gifar, Wisnu, Panji, Alrie, Febriyan)

XD - Nova/Butet (formed right after Olympics), Anggun/Yunita. I cannot think of other XD pairs at that time.

Compare this with now, with 3 first-team pairs (Towi/Butet, Rijal/Debby, Fran/Shendy) and 2 second-team pairs (Irfan/Wenni, Riky/Richie). Used to consist of 2 more players (Pia and Rizky).

18. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    It is true that we have many players..Herry iP has no desire to demote them as he feels that he just handled them just in a short time and believe some pairs will emerge.....

19. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    which pairs that will emerge according to Herry IP ?? Ullin/Ricky ??
    I think it's better if we have another coach for back up players.

with this condition, i think it is no need to get some new players for MD in Pelatnas.
    Pelatnas will have too many MD players then
    i also dont understand about XD. If Richard doesnt have time for Irfan/Weni, Why does he still want to call Gloria, Lukhi, Anisa and Alfian to Pelatnas ? Or they will get another coach ??

Is there any chance for Gloria and Annisa to play on WD as well ?? like Vita/Butet ??

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Please read that I just mentioned that richard is asking another assistant....